Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2018 5:31:24 PM EDT
Who do you all recommend for engraving roll marks, SBR requirements, & reprofiling an 80% to A1 specs, besides braceman?

I got an email from him saying not to sent any more receivers to him due to some unexpected things happening, & that he will not be able to do any engraving work from here on out.

I need to get a lower ready for my DOE 9mm build. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I do my own and haven’t used him, but I understand his work is outstanding. I’m sorry to hear that he isn’t doing them anymore. I’m sorry that I can’t think of anyone else offhand.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a similar e-mail.  He specifically said no more engravings, didn't say anything about other work.

I don't want to do too much speculation, but I've seen people on a guitar building forum suddenly stop offering certain services that were pushing grey areas regarding trademarks.  Those instances were due to cease and desist letters from Gibson guitars.

I'm hoping he continues doing reprofiling and other work.  I have uppers reprofiled into a 601 and a 605 by him, and the work is top-notch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea I just sent him an email today and he said no more engraving, he said he will still reprofile 80% lowers. I should’ve ask him to do my lowers last year when I got them... bummer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a similar e-mail.  He specifically said no more engravings, didn't say anything about other work.

I don't want to do too much speculation, but I've seen people on a guitar building forum suddenly stop offering certain services that were pushing grey areas regarding trademarks.  Those instances were due to cease and desist letters from Gibson guitars.

I'm hoping he continues doing reprofiling and other work.  I have uppers reprofiled into a 601 and a 605 by him, and the work is top-notch.
View Quote
I took it as he was not doing anymore work at all. I guess I could be wrong. I really did not want to ask either. If you find something out or know different for certain please LMK.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea I just sent him an email today and he said no more engraving, he said he will still reprofile 80% lowers. I should’ve ask him to do my lowers last year when I got them... bummer.
View Quote
Thanks. So I guess I just need another engraver. That is good he will still reprofile. His reprofile work looks great.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top