Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 10:22:31 AM EDT
Are most NV risers for aimpoint for the micros because the full-size, like the M5 and Pro, are awkward when they're raised to NV height?  Looking at raising my Pro's.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
SKD tac has QRP2 compatible risers. You would just be restricted to using the QRP2 mounting system. The good thing is that you can get QD QRP2 bases.

SKD Aimpoint QRP2 Riser

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Most tall mounts are for the micros because those are the most popular AP models.  M5 is sort of new and I’m not entirely sure if it can utilize standard micro mounts, so that accounts for that.

As for the PRO, I think the though process is that it’s the “budget” AP model, so most people going that route aren’t going to be the type of people who’ve dumped multiple thousands of dollars on NV gear.  So you have a few options in that regard (like the SKD riser above), but you won’t find many options in the way of a dedicated mount because the sales volume would likely be very low.

FWIW, I’ve got a lower 1/3 mounted PRO sitting on a Leupold IMS riser (bringing it to a total height of about 2.2”) that isn’t “weird” or “awkward” to use.  It’s just like any other tall mounted RDS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
ADM makes a 2.33" 30mm mount for the Aimpoint as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ADM makes a 2.33" 30mm mount for the Aimpoint as well.
View Quote

Bought three.  Very solid.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top