BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 123
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#1]
I personally don't see how anyone gets down on a 1.273 height.  Unless it's on a scout rail or riser.  That's freaking low.  My Larue is 1.4 and that's almost pretty much too low for me. Don't want to go any lower.  1.5 seems perfect.   I guess everyones face is built different but my cheekbones have to be embedded into that stock at anything lower than 1.4.  I'd have to sand down the stock or just use the extension with a cap on the end.  LOL.

Crap, top of page.......

Are these the 1.273's you think?  Seems looooooow.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

I really think they are the same rings as on a MK11 Mod 0.  I agree. We just need to figure out which PN is correct though ...95 or ...96?  One of those numbers has to be a typo. Then tracking down a pair of long discontinued KAC rings.

That’s the only SR25 I really want. Me too. Sadly it's not in the cards right now. It would be nice to have the big brother to my MK12 Mod1.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, cat's out of the bag I guess. I had hoped I'd already have them lined up.

If they aren't the 1.4" ones then maaayybbeee there were limited runs of actual 1.5" rings. I was awaiting news from Jack Leuba on the issue, but I fear he's either swamped or forgot.

I'm the last guy that can immediately run out into a bidding war on rare KAC rings so it's kind of a bummer, I've got this thing so close but it will be a while before I have the dough to even think about tracking a set down, nevermind a 300m rear and Colt BCG.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/Bnl1bd7.jpg
View Quote
Much smol. Very Recce.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]

I really think they are the same rings as on a MK11 Mod 0.

That’s the only SR25 I really want.
View Quote
Think hard about going down that rabbit hole....lol. My Recce is now in the hands of @5pt56 bc I had a shot at an unfired ‘94 SR25 match rifle. Now that I have the rifle I’m finding that parts are 10x harder to find and the price.....ouch. And I only needed rings, rail, sights and GB. Got the sights at least
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Think hard about going down that rabbit hole....lol. My Recce is now in the hands of @5pt56 bc I had a shot at an unfired ‘94 SR25 match rifle. Now that I have the rifle I’m finding that parts are 10x harder to find and the price.....ouch. And I only needed rings, rail, sights and GB. Got the sights at least
View Quote
Yea. I’d only try and make it happen if one popped up with correct goodies on it for a good price.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Yea. I’d only try and make it happen if one popped up with correct goodies on it for a good price.
View Quote
There’s a fully correct clone for sale for $9k. Fortunately the only parts I’ll have to settle on are the rail which will be new production and the rings which will probably be badger but everything else will be correct.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Needs:

KAC 1.5" rings (not sure it will ever happen IMO)
KAC 300m rear with big knob
Masen pad
A2 grip chop for GG and add buttons (or trade now un-needed Lonestar storage for one....)
PEQ-2 (long way off)
14.5" SOCOM, maybe pinned maybe not.
Butler Creek caps
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
https://i.imgur.com/B4AQYWo.jpg

Needs:

KAC 1.5" rings (not sure it will ever happen IMO)
KAC 300m rear with big knob
Masen pad
A2 grip chop for GG and add buttons (or trade now un-needed Lonestar storage for one....)
PEQ-2 (long way off)
14.5" SOCOM, maybe pinned maybe not.
Butler Creek caps
View Quote
Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Gorgeous!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Received my barrel from CLE for my flush fit SEAL Recce.  Unfortunately, there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the end of the can and end of the rail.  Wondering if I can get a custom collar made for it to be flush, or if I'm SOL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Received my barrel from CLE for my flush fit SEAL Recce.  Unfortunately, there is about a 1/4 inch gap between the end of the can and end of the rail.  Wondering if I can get a custom collar made for it to be flush, or if I'm SOL.
View Quote
Can I ask how long the wait time was?  And what blank did you go with?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kirbykid25:

Can I ask how long the wait time was?  And what blank did you go with?
View Quote
I shipped some parts to them to help cut the barrel to my specs.  They received the parts on 2/21, and I received the barrel today, 3/13.  I went with the Criterion this time.  Already have a Douglas made by them on another rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#15]
View Quote
Unfortunately not. If you set the can back any further than 1/16” your muzzle device will hit the first baffle. Mine was about 1/8 off from sitting flush. So I got Ron to cut me a 1/16 further set back collar. If you were to go a full 1/8 you would need to have the shoulder set back or run just a shim on the brake and have the extra barrel threads sticking out cut off.

I’d send it back to frank and say you want everything shifted back.

Stick a cleaning rod down the bore from the muzzle on a closed bolt. See what length you get to the muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cdholmes] [#16]

Unfortunately not. If you set the can back any further than 1/16” your muzzle device will hit the first baffle. Mine was about 1/8 off from sitting flush. So I got Ron to cut me a 1/16 further set back collar. If you were to go a full 1/8 you would need to have the shoulder set back or run just a shim on the brake and have the extra barrel threads sticking out cut off.

I’d send it back to frank and say you want everything shifted back.

Stick a cleaning rod down the bore from the muzzle on a closed bolt. See what length you get to the muzzle.
View Quote
Looks like approximately 15.375".  For my MK18 Mini Recce, I marked on the collar where the can sits.  I forgot to do it on this one, but told Frank to just go 15.1" since that's the common measurement I've found in this thread.  I may try to contact them and see what they can do.

ETA:  The collar is also a bitch to install.  I tapped it with a brass punch to make sure it was seated all the way.  Not sure if its just my collar or the shelf.  I did send in the collar, as well as the rail, so they could design the barrel around that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Looks like approximately 15.375".  For my MK18 Mini Recce, I marked on the collar where the can sits.  I forgot to do it on this one, but told Frank to just go 15.1" since that's the common measurement I've found in this thread.  I may try to contact them and see what they can do.

ETA:  The collar is also a bitch to install.  I tapped it with a brass punch to make sure it was seated all the way.  Not sure if its just my collar or the shelf.  I did send in the collar, as well as the rail, so they could design the barrel around that.
View Quote
Yea I’d email them and say it’s 15.375 and not 15.1. I’m sure they will make it right.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kirbykid25] [#18]

I shipped some parts to them to help cut the barrel to my specs.  They received the parts on 2/21, and I received the barrel today, 3/13.  I went with the Criterion this time.  Already have a Douglas made by them on another rifle.
View Quote
Edit, sent pm instead
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 11:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#19]
Wrong thread
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Dont have a way to post pics yet, but I'm almost done with my recce-ish clone.
LMT lower (I didnt really wanna spend 350 on a colt just to basically gut it) SSA-E, sopmod, ergo aggressive texture grip, KAC ambi selector, colt upper, colt bcg, PRI gas buster, CLE match chambered Douglas 16", KAC FF RAS long, Badger block, AE brake and collar, NF 2.5-10x24 with the capped turrets, NF rings, Harris, KAC bipod adapter, just need a KAC front and rear.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By dtrump:
Dont have a way to post pics yet, but I'm almost done with my recce-ish clone.
LMT lower (I didnt really wanna spend 350 on a colt just to basically gut it) SSA-E, sopmod, ergo aggressive texture grip, KAC ambi selector, colt upper, colt bcg, PRI gas buster, CLE match chambered Douglas 16", KAC FF RAS long, Badger block, AE brake and collar, NF 2.5-10x24 with the capped turrets, NF rings, Harris, KAC bipod adapter, just need a KAC front and rear.
View Quote
Sounds badass. Get an imgur account and post it up!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Great pic of some great guns.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm beginning to think these 1.5" KAC rings are a pipe dream

@haveblue83 , did you actually source a set of 1.5" rings or something lower?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Dude, very nice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm beginning to think these 1.5" KAC rings are a pipe dream

@haveblue83 , did you actually source a set of 1.5" rings or something lower?
View Quote
I thought he made his own.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
So badass.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
nah i stopped when i saw $250 price. i dont need em that much lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#29]
Y’all my recce is on the EE
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/Bnl1bd7.jpg
View Quote
Is that a RAS Long? What barrel length is that? Damn sexy! @MNRidesHonda
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Got to stretch the NSW out to 700 yesterday with the boys.

Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#32]

https://i.imgur.com/ObKXYlu.jpg
View Quote
Those rig's though.

Side note, so I finally took the Recce out to Frontline yesterday and stretched it to 550 no problem. Upon getting back when undoing the AEM5 I realized my dumbass didn't rocksett my OPS Brake. How in the world do I get the brake back out?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:35:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#33]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Those rig's though.

Side note, so I finally took the Recce out to Frontline yesterday and stretched it to 550 no problem. Upon getting back when undoing the AEM5 I realized my dumbass didn't rocksett my OPS Brake. How in the world do I get the brake back out?
View Quote
Take a dab of Red loctite and put it on your barrel threads. Then thread the brake onto the muzzle wait like an hour and it should come off.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Take a dab of Red loctite and put it on your barrel threads. Then thread the brake onto the muzzle wait like an hour and it should come off.
View Quote
Just did that about 30 minutes ago, figured it would be the only way was to lock it back in so I could twist it off. Thanks dude.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:40:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#35]

https://i.imgur.com/ObKXYlu.jpg
View Quote
You are da man.  Nice guns.  Great pic.  I'm jelly.  Looks like it was a nice day too.  Much wind?

Picture makes it look like the bolt gun is 9mm or .40 or something though.  LOL  (brass laying on the ground)  You weren't shooting pistols at 700 yards too were you?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#36]
The Horrigan MRE goes bang!

Didn't really end up getting to do groups though, still have some work too but she shoots and is at least zero'd for 65 yards. I think with the KAC rings and a Mildot swap she's going to be a great shooter. Also needs a better trigger.

MRE hanging out with the "SPR aka 5th Group Recce aka Holland" and the 12.5" mini Recce.

Link Posted: 3/25/2019 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Didn't really end up getting to do groups though, still have some work too but she shoots and is at least zero'd for 65 yards. I think with the KAC rings and a Mildot swap she's going to be a great shooter. Also needs a better trigger.

MRE hanging out with the "SPR aka 5th Group Recce aka Holland" and the 12.5" mini Recce.

https://i.imgur.com/8wBiBhK.jpg
View Quote
"Infidel4life11 loved an image"
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#38]
yaaaay!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#39]

https://i.imgur.com/8wBiBhK.jpg
View Quote
Great looking group of rifles.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

You are da man.  Nice guns.  Great pic.  I'm jelly.  Looks like it was a nice day too.  Much wind?

Picture makes it look like the bolt gun is 9mm or .40 or something though.  LOL  (brass laying on the ground)  You weren't shooting pistols at 700 yards too were you?  
View Quote
Haha. They were shooting 9mm at 200yd steel. About a steady 10 mph cross wind. Was holding about 2.5 mils for wind at 700. Scored some hits but it was all day on the 500 and 600 yard smaller steel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#41]
It's impressive that you were getting hits at 700.  Great job.  Can I ask what load you were using?
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
It's impressive that you were getting hits at 700.  Great job.  Can I ask what load you were using?
View Quote
73 ELD-M with 44gr Varget. I think it was a 12x20 plate at 700.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#43]
AEM5 got approved on the 26th. So won’t have to take Utah’s anymore.

@RTUtah on the NSW
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#44]

@RTUtah on the NSW
https://i.imgur.com/mZgTkNT.jpg
View Quote
What was your check cashed date?  I'm still waiting for my AEM5.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:13:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#45]

What was your check cashed date?  I'm still waiting for my AEM5.
View Quote
6/11/18

I called Monday and dude said I was pending. Called today and she said it approved on Tuesday. Filed individually for the first time. Hopefully I get the stamp soon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cdholmes] [#46]

6/11/18

I called Monday and dude said I was pending. Called today and she said it approved on Tuesday. Filed individually for the first time. Hopefully I get the stamp soon.
View Quote
Mine was cashed 6/26 so hopefully mine will be soon.  Called a couple of weeks ago and they said the background check was good they were just waiting for it to go through and get signed off on.  Should have my barrel back from CLE Monday, then I'll send it off for a P&W.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Mine was cashed 6/26 so hopefully mine will be soon.  Called a couple of weeks ago and they said the background check was good they were just waiting for it to go through and get signed off on.  Should have my barrel back from CLE Monday, then I'll send it off for a P&W.
View Quote
Hell yea,  I was getting worried mine would get stuck in background forever. But it went straight from pending to approved. Guess I got lucky.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]

@RTUtah on the NSW
https://i.imgur.com/mZgTkNT.jpg
View Quote
Congrats, my friend!

The ATF approved my AEM5 on Monday. Check cashed June 2018.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 7:40:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#49]

Finished
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]
https://i.imgur.com/u6sgByB.jpg

Finished
View Quote
Lookin' badass!!!!

Check out what I have...