Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 9:35:46 PM EDT
I'm curious if it isn't too far gone. When I drilled my two holes I did the left side then right but it came out wonky. Am I in bad shape or will my trigger hole be fine if its a bit wider the sides meet the internal walls of my lower. I planned on cleaning up the sides of the trigger hole with my dremel to clean it up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a lower that was supposed to be a dummy lower the FCG pin holes were oversized. I used jb weld to fill them and re-drilled them.

I then used KNS anti-rotation pins to insure the holes/pins were squared up.

Ugly as hell, but fully functional.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish i could figure out how to share a picture. But if the straight sides of my trigger hole meet the sides of my lower will it still function properly?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish i could figure out how to share a picture. But if the straight sides of my trigger hole meet the sides of my lower will it still function properly?
View Quote

IM sent about image hosting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm curious if it isn't too far gone. When I drilled my two holes I did the left side then right but it came out wonky. Am I in bad shape or will my trigger hole be fine if its a bit wider the sides meet the internal walls of my lower. I planned on cleaning up the sides of the trigger hole with my dremel to clean it up.
View Quote

drill press?  or hand drill?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Aw, it will be fine...
A little JB weld, a little duct tape, a little bailing wire, and rattle can it afterwards.

Not really, Either have it welded up, and try again, or shit can it.
These are firearms, not AMT model kits.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome, fellow enthusiast. It would be easier to help you if we could tell what you were talking about.

Are you talking about the holes for the trigger pin being being misaligned? As in the holes that go from the left side of the receiver to the right, that the trigger rotates on?

Or are you talking abou the slot that the trigger comes through, in the bottom of the receiver?

You're talking about the doing the "right" hole and the "left" hole, (as in two holes) but then talking about the sides of the "hole" (singular) being as wide as the internal opening in the receiver.

I'm assuming you were working on an 80% lower, but I guess maybe you should confirm that as well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm talking about where the trigger would come through on the bottom of the receiver. The instructions said to drill a hole on the left side of the plate, then the right. When i finished it it came out a little wider than i think it is supposed to be.  If i file the sides of the trigger hole down to be even with the walls on the inside of my lower, will it function properly once i put in all my internals?

And given the political climate i would rather not have to restart lol. Also sorry for the confusion, this is my first lower.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm talking about where the trigger would come through on the bottom of the receiver. The instructions said to drill a hole on the left side of the plate, then the right. When i finished it it came out a little wider than i think it is supposed to be.  If i file the sides of the trigger hole down to be even with the walls on the inside of my lower, will it function properly once i put in all my internals?

And given the political climate i would rather not have to restart lol. Also sorry for the confusion, this is my first lower.
View Quote

You should be okay as long as there is enough of a shelf for the legs of the trigger spring, but if not you can always install a cassette style trigger.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

This is what the hole in the bottom of the lower for the trigger to go through should look like.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you. So I suppose my work wasn't for nothing lol.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
When I first started out I had some pretty shitty trigger holes.  I just JB welded, sanded and smoothed and drove on.
The more you do the better you get. Just do a search for 80% lower schematics and how to videos and you can see what it should look like eventually.  When I started you had to go with 0% lowers and mill everything away that didn't belong on a lower. Now I can do a 80% on a drill press with a X/Y vise in about an hour using end mills.  I have had more of an issue with etching and painting.

Here is a picture of the trigger hole and dimensions.  Taken from the Ray-Vin tutorial

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Update everything is good, took it to a gunsmith and he said im still in good shape. Thanks for the advice yall.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Google Receiver Rug

Part/model # LR-RRM

It’s a red neoprene rubber piece that it’s intention is to prevent a popped primer from getting under your FCG but it also cleans up the looks of an oversized trigger opening. Even allows gas to vent down there if you ever run suppressed
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top