Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2024 12:57:10 PM EDT
Looking for muzzle brake or flash hider that mounts to a 3 lug. I've come across ones for the MP5 from HKParts but find them aesthetically unpleasing. Griffin Armament had one I that I would consider but it's discontinued. Where else can I search?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The only muzzle device I like on my MP5s are sound suppressors.... but if you must, these are OK. https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/MP5-3-LUG-QUICK-DETACH-FLASH-HIDER-NEW-BLACK-128p8927.htm
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks amphibian for the info.

Same here with suppressor. But my can for it is a direct thread (only) and it's seeing time on another host right now. The barrel is a 3lug and thread combo. I don't like seeing the barrel in its "nude" configuration and don't want to mount (and time) a muzzle device only to take it off when I want to mount the can again. So finding something for the muzzle that can utilize the qd of the 3lug seems like a good compromise.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I made one. I bought a cheap tube off of eBay that was threaded on both ends in 1.125x28 and drilled 6 3/8“ holes near the end, then capped it off with a direct thread mount I had laying around and put a Kaw Valley MACH 3-lug on the other end. It works

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:34:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blowback9] [#4]
I have a number of options listed in my "suppressing the 9mm AR" article - here's a direct link to the 3-lug muzzle section: https://blowback9.wordpress.com/2021/11/16/suppressing-the-9mm-ar/#08

Scroll down just a little for the links.  All the options there may have been covered already.  There aren't that many.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Blowback9, you are one awesome individual for providing your fellow firearm aficionados with your wealth of knowledge/experience. Thank you for the resources and reply.

chevrofreak, I didn't even consider the diy route and now I'm considering it a viable option. Thank you for the inspiration and innovation.

Much appreciation for both of you. I knew this was going to be a bit of an odd request to tackle since it's an opposite take on what's usually sought after for muzzle devices and suppressors. Kudos to all who have replied so far.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#6]
Here are a few more pictures if what I did interests you.

I used these from eBay.

I had to make it this long because I have 2 short AR uppers that normally run suppressed and the cans are tucked.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top