Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2020 9:13:52 PM EDT
Modlite says their new modbutton delivers full output to the heads, so does that mean a st07 switch is shorting the capability of the light?

Anyone know if this is really true?
I think I’d rather have an st07 with cloud lcs than the mod button mounting plate
But not at the expense of lost candela
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s the setup I’m using on my okw and if what you’re saying is true it isn’t noticeable to me and I’d think it couldn’t be by much if true.  My okw is blinding and I’ve illuminated license plates at 200 yards with it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait, so my DS07 is limiting my OKW as and PLH?

This is news to me
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol that’s just the sales pitch modlite
Has on their description  for the new modbutton.

I don’t see how a switch could taper power but was curious
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol that’s just the sales pitch modlite
Has on their description  for the new modbutton.

I don’t see how a switch could taper power but was curious
View Quote
Yea, I know just enough to be dangerous, but all this talk of "our switches can handle the power..." screams marketing. The two "you're going to die using Chinese crap" lights I know of that make nice WML's - the Olight Warrior-X and Acebeam L16, both require 20A Max Discharge cells - tried Orbtronic 10A and they immediately step down. I modded the L16 switch to get rid of the "curly" section and worked with the wires - they're pretty stout, but it's still a $20 Chinese switch - hasn't melted yet. 'Merica!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thinner wire causes more resistance which melts things over time.  You would know if it cant handle the current because shit would overheat. Do you have overheating issues in your switching?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top