Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2021 9:42:41 AM EDT
Looking at building a 22LR "Commando" style pistol with A2 upper, FSB, and green triangle handguards (or maybe a magpul handguard or chopped rail around the FSB)

Opinion on Model 1 Sales 11.5" barrel?

Are these compatible with most 22 bolts and mags?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking at building a 22LR "Commando" style pistol with A2 upper, FSB, and green triangle handguards (or maybe a magpul handguard or chopped rail around the FSB)

View Quote

Don't know about that upper, but do know that I have read a lot of negative stuff about Model 1 sales.  Some positive as well so it may be a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't know about that upper, but do know that I have read a lot of negative stuff about Model 1 sales.  Some positive as well so it may be a crap shoot.
View Quote

10-4, seems to be the consensus. I'm converting an upper and other parts I already have into a .22 LR since I've got quite a bit of it on hand.

The barrels don't get a good rap... leaning towards a 16" CMMG kit, and having it shortened in the future into a "commando" type build I guess
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I called and asked if they had any .22 upper in stock and they said they were completely sold out (surprise.) - not sure about barrels though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

10-4, seems to be the consensus. I'm converting an upper and other parts I already have into a .22 LR since I've got quite a bit of it on hand.

The barrels don't get a good rap... leaning towards a 16" CMMG kit, and having it shortened in the future into a "commando" type build I guess
View Quote

That's what I did for my second .22
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, several years ago when Spike's Tactical first announced bringing their ST-22 uppers to market,  I pre-orderd one.

The M4 style 22LR barrel that came installed on that upper is marked "M1S 22LR".

It's plenty accurate and still running strong.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would not recommend them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Concur
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd go CMMG/RTB (same parts). Keep an eye on the EE, there was a 16" fairly recently (now sold).
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just had a bad dealing with them. Paid 155 for an upper and they send me an email saying it's now 215 if I want it. Moving on to others for parts. Right to bear arms sells rebranded cmmg 22lr barrel and bcgs
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top