User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 983 of 1566)
Page / 1566
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#1]
Movin into the block ii club. Finally got everything needed to instal my DD ris ii fsb cutdown from an m4a1. Snapped a few shots before I paint it. Still waitin on the m3x. I'm honestly more of an m6x fan since it has the visible laser combo. I'm also findin I really like the grip pod vfg. Got one for an eod clone last year and fell in love with em. So I took off the fsb, took off the delta ring, put the barrel in the fn upper, tightened the DD barrel nut over the rail connector, then put the fsb back on. Immediately tried to put the rail on and....., oh ya, it goes on before the fsb! Had to remove the fsb again, then success. First time removin a fsb and standard barrel nut and it went pretty smooth. I now know I need better punches. Removing a fsb is a sure way to tell how good your roll pin punches are.

Specs:
FN upper
Black DD ris ii m4a1 cutdown
eotech exps3-0 Fde
RR 10.5 heavy barrel
surefire m952v
fde gas buster ch
gps vfg
colt bcg
be Meyers m249f
Cqd front sling mount
Lmt sopmod gen 1
kac micro rear buis

bottom upper specs:
colt 10.3" adco cutdown
kac ras
surefire m951
kac vfg
lmt rear buis
aimpoint comp m2 Wilcox mount
kac nt4 fh

Eta page ownership
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
This is how I want my mod0 set up when my stamp comes back. Love the T1 look. No other pics besides that USCG gun that I can find though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:

This is how I want my mod0 set up when my stamp comes back. Love the T1 look. No other pics besides that USCG gun that I can find though.
View Quote
Wasn't there just a huge pic dump of CQBRs with Aimpoint micros just a few pages back?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
Nice.

How are you diggin the 31s, say over the 15s?
I'm a poor dual 14 guy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:

Nice.

I'm a poor dual 14 guy.
View Quote
I've never used 31's, but they should be a decent amount lighter (under a pound), have slightly better lenses, and definitely have WP tubes vs probably green tubes in the 15's. Also, the 31's spread apart more and end up being flatter against the helmet vs the 15's when they're in the up position.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
Wasn't there just a huge pic dump of CQBRs with Aimpoint micros just a few pages back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:

Those were Block IIs
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
So my new colt side sling swivel came in from brownell's a few weeks back. The swivel itself needs to be installed too. What's the best way to get the rivet that holds the swivel on to mushroom out? Is there a specific tool for that?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
So my new colt side sling swivel came in from brownell's a few weeks back. The swivel itself needs to be installed too. What's the best way to get the rivet that holds the swivel on to mushroom out? Is there a specific tool for that?
View Quote
I've used a pin punch for it in the past. As in the rounded type, not the flat type.  I just had to find one that was narrow enough to fit inside, but thick enough to split the rivet before bottoming out, but they're pretty cheap if you don't have any lying around in various tool kits.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope this will be accepted here.

Scary assault rifle
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 2:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#11]

Question: Are you a lefty? I'm just wondering because it looks like you have the peq15 and pressure switch setup for a lefty, but then the CQD mount is on the left side.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have any experience with the NT4 MAMS? With an NT4, it's the outside that counts, right?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By daojag:
Anyone have any experience with the NT4 MAMS? With an NT4, it's the outside that counts, right?
View Quote
It's an excellent muzzle device and makes for a very flat shooting experience. Expensive but worth it IMO for use with a NT4.

Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

It's an excellent muzzle device and makes for a very flat shooting experience. Expensive but worth it IMO for use with a NT4.

https://i.imgur.com/KHMEY0p.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KDhFpW2.jpg
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]

I've used a pin punch for it in the past. As in the rounded type, not the flat type.  I just had to find one that was narrow enough to fit inside, but thick enough to split the rivet before bottoming out, but they're pretty cheap if you don't have any lying around in various tool kits.
View Quote
Thank you. I was considering a small ball bearing and plyers. It'll prob work out the same I think. If I place the bearing sort of in the hole so it splits and mushrooms as I apply pressure.  I'll look around for somethin that may work better than a bearing. Sounds like something rounded is key.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you. I was considering a small ball bearing and plyers. It'll prob work out the same I think. If I place the bearing sort of in the hole so it splits and mushrooms as I apply pressure.  I'll look around for somethin that may work better than a bearing. Sounds like something rounded is key.
View All Quotes

I used a thick center punch then once it opened up enough, I hammered it the rest of the way with a flat faced punch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
I used a thick center punch then once it opened up enough, I hammered it the rest of the way with a flat faced punch.
View All Quotes

This is what I would do as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

That sounds easy enough. I have both of those. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#19]
View Quote
I just used a standard flat faced pin punch and it came out in a few taps. I don't recall the size punch I used - either 1/8" or 3/32". Whatever will fit snugly inside.

ETA: Tap from the flared side; it will force the flared part around the punch and slide right out. I could almost reuse the rivet from the Mod 0s FSB sling swivel it came out so cleanly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 6:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#20]
Thanks for the tips. I'll put it together this eve and mount it on my snow camo upper. I done went and rattle canned my block ii. I'm happy with the turnout. I couldn't bring myself to rattle can the b.e. Meyers though. I probably should have waited till the m3x came in to paint, but it's so small I'll just do it separately. Also added some more low lights to the snow camo. It was too white to start with and it won't get much use till next winter. I plan to spen a lot of time at the range here in the near future.  My membership lapsed and they only meet once a month for membership renewel. Anyway, here it is. Would this be considered a mod0 or mod 1? It has the DD risi which makes it mod 1, yet it still has a fsb which is characteristic of mod0. Confused.

Edit to add- specs on top of page
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 6:08:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#21]
Originally Posted By krdt:
I just used a standard flat faced pin punch and it came out in a few taps. I don't recall the size punch I used - either 1/8" or 3/32". Whatever will fit snugly inside.

ETA: Tap from the flared side; it will force the flared part around the punch and slide right out. I could almost reuse the rivet from the Mod 0s FSB sling swivel it came out so cleanly.
View All Quotes

Clarification: I'm installing the swivel itself onto the side sling mount. I've already removed the normal bottom swivel. The colt kit comes with everything disassembled, including the sling wives swivel and rivet. I was wondering the best way to get the rivet to flare.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Clarification: I'm installing the swivel itself onto the side sling mount. I've already removed the normal bottom swivel. The colt kit comes with everything disassembled, including the sling wives swivel and rivet. I was wondering the best way to get the rivet to flare.
View All Quotes

Oh, woops. Completely read that wrong, lol.

Yeah, two sizes of ball bearings or a rounded end punch can do the job, or you can get fancy and get a rivet squeezer:

https://www.rivetsonline.com/3-inch-reach-rivet-squeezer/to-tp-888-3
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#23]
^^ that's cool. Though one rivet doesn't quite justify getting the tool. Maybe if I had ten or more rivets to do. As long as I can get it to flare out decent enough I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the tips. I'll put it together this eve and mount it on my snow camo upper. I done went and rattle canned my block ii. I'm happy with the turnout. I couldn't bring myself to rattle can the b.e. Meyers though. I probably should have waited till the m3x came in to paint, but it's so small I'll just do it separately. Also added some more low lights to the snow camo. It was too white to start with and it won't get much use till next winter. I plan to spen a lot of time at the range here in the near future.  My membership lapsed and they only meet once a month for membership renewel. Anyway, here it is. Would this be considered a mod0 or mod 1? It has the DD risi which makes it mod 1, yet it still has a fsb which is characteristic of mod0. Confused.

http://i.imgur.com/bS1SHcK.jpg
Edit to add- specs on top of page
View Quote
I'm liking the paint man! Its still considered a mod 1/Block II CQBR. The ones I've seen in mil use are the DD FSP LITE rail. DD made a very small run of Mk18 RIS II FSP rails but they were not technically military issued as far as we are aware. That being said, who gives a fuck and good enough for the thread. Enjoy that block 2 with cut down RIS II
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#25]
^glad to know. I told myself I'd chill out on spending once I completed a mod 0 block 1 and mod1 block2. Well that's easier said than done. I somehow ended up with 2 mod0's, a mod 1, a navy eod clone, and an m4 block1. Not to mention all the accessories. I need to finish sellin off some of unused non-clone items to recoup some cash now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#26]
If I may, I've been using a rivet setter for M1 Helmet Liner Rivets to mushroom out the swivel hollow rivet.
https://jmurrayinc1944.com/collections/restoration-supplies/products/setting-tool-semi-tubular-rivets-1
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

If I may, I've been using a rivet setter for M1 Helmet Liner Rivets to mushroom out the swivel hollow rivet.
https://jmurrayinc1944.com/collections/restoration-supplies/products/setting-tool-semi-tubular-rivets-1
View Quote
I didn't know they came unassembled.  i was going to throw a colt pull off on the EE for like 40 bucks lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:35:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Here is how it came straight from brownell's. Colt ambi safety on right side.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:
I've never used 31's, but they should be a decent amount lighter (under a pound), have slightly better lenses, and definitely have WP tubes vs probably green tubes in the 15's. Also, the 31's spread apart more and end up being flatter against the helmet vs the 15's when they're in the up position.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:

Nice.

I'm a poor dual 14 guy.
Yeah, the weight/profile of the 31s when in a stowed position, were what piqued my curiosity.

On topic. CQBRs:
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:49:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#30]
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 11:29:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smitters] [#32]
Edit since it’s not an exact clone
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By smitters:
Don’t shoot me for the imperfection in my MK 18. This thread was my motivation for this upper combo. The lower is a registerd SBR spikes with factory internals, the upper is an Andro Corp 10.3 inch. It’s all Andro Corp products and while I’m not sure if it’s a mod whichever it’s a real blast to shoot and clears the house extremely well hahaha!!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289178/28C98A27-AA2C-420E-B7D2-930B764FA667-494773.JPG
View Quote
Did you even read page 1?
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Oooooooh. Just had to go there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Lovely trio.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice spooled. How do you like using the BUIS through that mount on the left? First time I saw one of those I was kind of

Also, I would give all of your guys' left nuts for a SCAR 17. One day. (And yes I know that's a 16 but every time I see a SCAR my heart develops the BEETUS)
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Nice spooled. How do you like using the BUIS through that mount on the left? First time I saw one of those I was kind of

Also, I would give all of your guys' left nuts for a SCAR 17. One day. (And yes I know that's a 16 but every time I see a SCAR my heart develops the BEETUS)
View Quote
Honestly not any different than using them through the red dot. It's actually a 3/4 kac rmr riser with a scalar works mount, works the same as the kac rb1 essentially.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBQnBlackRifles] [#39]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got it all zip tied and set up. Really like the surefire pressure pad switch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Why do I feel like I've handled that DD LITE rail at some point? :)
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

Why do I feel like I've handled that DD LITE rail at some point? :)
View Quote
Very nice work! Unfortunately it was too small ID to work with Mod 2 gas system. Probably heresy to say here but I find the Lite III rail to be better than the RIS II with built in QD sockets, lighter weight, and smaller profile.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Postin one more pic now that it's assembled. The Fde anodized Acog blends right in. Prob gonna swith the 952v out with an m3x when it gets here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#43]
That's still one of my favorite rattle jobs. Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:46:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#44]
Threw my old waffle on, was all fun and games until I shouldered it, the beard reminded me why it sits in a parts box.

i am diggin it though so I guess I'll shave

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Threw my old waffle on, was all fun and games until I shouldered it, the beard reminded me why it sits in a parts box.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/0EB7ACA4-585E-4A5A-BA4D-0B758D54D59D-495182.JPG
View Quote
Yeah, idk about the waffles, but the CAR/N1's are definitely beard hair grabbers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#46]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/0EB7ACA4-585E-4A5A-BA4D-0B758D54D59D-495182.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, idk about the waffles, but the CAR/N1's are definitely beard hair grabbers.
View All Quotes

Don't go anywhere near a VLTOR stock. I just look at one and my beard gets pulled out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#48]
Added a Magpul XTM hand stop kit today.

Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I too like the DD lite rail (second one down). This must be the first release since it doesn't have the qd points and it has a different look. Had that rail since '09 or '10.  I do however like how tucked in the bottom rail is on the ris ii. Feels more comfortable in the hand. I really wish my vltor casv had the fsb cutout. Anyone wanna trade their extended length (carbine) for my midlength?  Not to mention the optic and mount are way off. Anyhow, there are on topic uppers in the mix.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1566
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 983 of 1566)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top