Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 781 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

I was pretty much a nay sayer on the Wilcox Risers and rising the optics already more than they needed to go, until I shot a riser setup under NODs in that class.

While you can checkweld with NODs, it's just as easy to not and simply use the buttstock as just something to support the recoil against your chest/shoulder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I was pretty much a nay sayer on the Wilcox Risers and rising the optics already more than they needed to go, until I shot a riser setup under NODs in that class.

While you can checkweld with NODs, it's just as easy to not and simply use the buttstock as just something to support the recoil against your chest/shoulder.

Unpossible.  Internets said risers was stupid.  Use lazors.  

Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

Anyway, any of you WV/MD/PA guys want to get a shoot together? I've got a set of Sentinels coming next week, and I can't wait to try them out. All the damn ranges around me close retardedly early. Peacemaker National being a prime example. Still need a helmet, but I'll be ordering one soon.

I'm down for a WV-area night shoot, send me an e-mail, let's see if we can't work something out...  Incidentally, I also have surplus helmets.  Not sure why, only got one head...

ETA: Accidental page ownership

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Augee:

I'm down for a WV-area night shoot, send me an e-mail, let's see if we can't work something out...  Incidentally, I also have surplus helmets.  Not sure why, only got one head...

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/2D32172E-49A7-4FD1-8DC5-91B244DBEEAA_zpsj3k7ndma.jpg

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee
View All Quotes

Anyway, any of you WV/MD/PA guys want to get a shoot together? I've got a set of Sentinels coming next week, and I can't wait to try them out. All the damn ranges around me close retardedly early. Peacemaker National being a prime example. Still need a helmet, but I'll be ordering one soon.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/2D32172E-49A7-4FD1-8DC5-91B244DBEEAA_zpsj3k7ndma.jpg

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee

You broke your sight

What's the "trainer" can? Never seen that before.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

You broke your sight

View All Quotes

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee

You broke your sight

Blank-firing adaptor?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bohguy:

Blank-firing adaptor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bohguy:

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee

You broke your sight

Blank-firing adaptor?

Unless he painted it, those are bright yellow.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stinkypol:

I have a couple like that.
I'll have to see if I can find them and look for markings.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coregon:
Going through my parts stash for a grip and found two A2 grips, but one of them has a bit of a palm swell. No idea who made it, but it feels pretty comfortable. Anyone ever seen one like that before?

Lonestar?

Not my pic:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/apschreiber/_For%20Sale/IMG_20160213_204321608_zpsss8lwjor.jpg

Here's the one I've got. No markings, so who knows where it came from.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/perrymclovin/E3BC6BE6-53FA-47B8-B1E5-E20DAEF71C8E_zpstzcsfdqr.jpg

I have a couple like that.
I'll have to see if I can find them and look for markings.

One not marked, other has a "1" or "I" and a "F"
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#6]

One not marked, other has a "1" or "I" and a "F"
View Quote

I can't find any markings of any sort on mine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#7]
I think someone already shared a link to this, but thought I'd embed it here. Much CQBR awesomeness.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I asked him the same. Trainer is not the same as the yellow SF BFA cans.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Y'all are killing me.  I had no idea this thing was so unknown.  

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-training-suppressor-for-simunition-frangible-ammo.html

The SureFire "training adapter" is nothing more than a fake can.  It's a solid tube with a nice big hole through the middle that can fit on either a SOCOM or Legacy mount (two different models for the different index pin locations).  For all intents and purposes it's a long, heavy, expensive Warden.    

It's intended for use with Simunition FX and frangible ammunition, both of which are not recommended to be used with an actual suppressor.  The training adapter allows you to replicate the length, weight, and handling of a suppressor while using these specialty ammunition types without risking damage to the suppressor. (My FA556-212 is currently awaiting a Form 4 approval, meaning I might have it by... Christmas? )    

Unlike the yellow and blue blank firing adapters, the training adapter comes with a black finish, though I (obviously) rattle-canned mine.  Mine is a standard SOCOM-compatible device (uses the rear index pin on the mount) and will fit on both SOCOM and Legacy-style mounts, the Legacy mounts will simply allow for rotation as there's no indexing pin in front).  

It's definitely a limited-market item, but if you shoot frangible and FX ammunition, but want your rifle to have the same "feel" when doing close-range training as a suppressed weapon, it can be a useful tool.  

That being said, yes, you can fire standard 5.56MM through it, again, it's just a fake can.  

For reference, the blank firing adapter has a closed end and is ported (like a standard BFA) to allow the weapon to cycle with blank ammunition:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-blank-firing-adapter-for-socom-5-56-adapters.html

~Augee
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

• Having just one piece of foam isn't optimal, mostly because it throws the weight distribution off so when the case is standing on its edge it falls over a lot because all the weight is in the bottom of the case. But the stock pieces of foam that come with the 1700 are super thick - totally unnecessarily so. A more optimal approach would be to order just 2 thin 1/4" sheets and put one on top and one on bottom. I've just been too lazy to order them but probably will soon.

View Quote

Well, who knew there were so many foam options out there - a quick view of foam-factory and foam-by-mail has left me bewildered...

I'm assuming polythylene is the foam to get, not polyurethene?

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TurbineBoiler:
ST-T2 with std carbine spring, suppressed & non-suppressed, commercial 10.3 (large gas port) & .mil overrun barrels. They work just fine for me with all varieties of ammunition.
View Quote

556 can or 30 cal?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Who did the engraving?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Who did the engraving?
View All Quotes

Who did the engraving?

Member here named Braceman.  I asked the same question some pages back.

Hope you don't mind me answering for you, SS.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:33:01 AM EDT
[#14]

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/90C80C5C-CD92-48E7-87F2-8F99F0F2447D_zpsiovyegyt.jpg

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-training-suppressor-for-simunition-frangible-ammo.html

The SureFire "training adapter" is nothing more than a fake can.  It's a solid tube with a nice big hole through the middle that can fit on either a SOCOM or Legacy mount (two different models for the different index pin locations).  For all intents and purposes it's a long, heavy, expensive Warden.    

It's intended for use with Simunition FX and frangible ammunition, both of which are not recommended to be used with an actual suppressor.  The training adapter allows you to replicate the length, weight, and handling of a suppressor while using these specialty ammunition types without risking damage to the suppressor. (My FA556-212 is currently awaiting a Form 4 approval, meaning I might have it by... Christmas? )    

Unlike the yellow and blue blank firing adapters, the training adapter comes with a black finish, though I (obviously) rattle-canned mine.  Mine is a standard SOCOM-compatible device (uses the rear index pin on the mount) and will fit on both SOCOM and Legacy-style mounts, the Legacy mounts will simply allow for rotation as there's no indexing pin in front).  

It's definitely a limited-market item, but if you shoot frangible and FX ammunition, but want your rifle to have the same "feel" when doing close-range training as a suppressed weapon, it can be a useful tool.  

That being said, yes, you can fire standard 5.56MM through it, again, it's just a fake can.  

For reference, the blank firing adapter has a closed end and is ported (like a standard BFA) to allow the weapon to cycle with blank ammunition:

http://www.dgunsok.com/image/cache/catalog/Products/T023/T023H1/end-mount-blank-safety-device-surefire-sf-bsd-556-www-dgunsok-com-23138-500x500.png

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-blank-firing-adapter-for-socom-5-56-adapters.html

~Augee
View Quote

Could a form 1 suppressor be built  using one of these as the tube?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#15]

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee
View All Quotes

SF-TRAINER-556

~Augee
I sadly have no nods but want in on the WV-area shoot regardless
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Shalashaska:

View All Quotes

Who did the engraving?

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I'm willing to share the love.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

If conducted in the Preston county area, I would be able to provide punch and pie, with many shameless business plugs.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#19]

It's funny how many MGS fans don't even get the reference.  I was a huge fan of that series; I still need to pick up V.

Oh and nice rifle!
View All Quotes

Nice name, dude. Before I forgot the password, my last accounts username was Revolver Ocelot.

It's funny how many MGS fans don't even get the reference.  I was a huge fan of that series; I still need to pick up V.

Oh and nice rifle!

Ha, didn't know so many MGS nerds were in the clone game.... speaking of clones... I had the Springfield Custom shop "clone" Snake's 1911 from MGS4 via a custom carry build... how's that for clone dedication? Need to take a pic with my MK18 Mod 0 to make it relevant I suppose. Great rifle man.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By StampCollector87:
View All Quotes

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/90C80C5C-CD92-48E7-87F2-8F99F0F2447D_zpsiovyegyt.jpg

http://www.dgunsok.com/image/cache/catalog/Products/T023/T023H1/end-mount-blank-safety-device-surefire-sf-bsd-556-www-dgunsok-com-23138-500x500.png
~Augee

A few have thought about trying, but the thing has a giant hole in the side of it. So unless that got plugged up and the whole thing bored out... probably not.

But, now that Wardens are out and fairly cheap, i'm waiting for someone to cut everything off and thread the mount to accept the common f1 tubes that are out there and use the SF mount on a f1 can. That'd be tight.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By htomeheb:

A few have thought about trying, but the thing has a giant hole in the side of it. So unless that got plugged up and the whole thing bored out... probably not.

But, now that Wardens are out and fairly cheap, i'm waiting for someone to cut everything off and thread the mount to accept the common f1 tubes that are out there and use the SF mount on a f1 can. That'd be tight.

View All Quotes

~Augee

The "poser" side of me may come out a bit............but I wish they would've made the Warden the same length as the actual can (or at least as an option). Since I can't have cans here (yet), at least I could look the part. I'm guessing the ATF told them "no" since it would probably be to easy to convert it to a real can.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#22]

The "poser" side of me may come out a bit............but I wish they would've made the Warden the same length as the actual can (or at least as an option). Since I can't have cans here (yet), at least I could look the part. I'm guessing the ATF told them "no" since it would probably be to easy to convert it to a real can.
View Quote

Just get the training can then till you can don the real deal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:

View All Quotes

I looked one up, they're $300. SWFA says they have to go through a FFL. Optics planet are a month out. My Warden does it's job, I'd rather save the $300 to put towards a RC2 when/if we get cans approved.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]

I looked one up, they're $300. SWFA says they have to go through a FFL. Optics planet are a month out. My Warden does it's job, I'd rather save the $300 to put towards a RC2 when/if we get cans approved.
View All Quotes

The FFL thing doesnt make sense... Unless Augee is cheating on me
I checked my distr. I dont show them in the listings. Did see the last Warden sell this morning right before I ordered it....
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#25]

I checked my distr. I dont show them in the listings. Did see the last Warden sell this morning right before I ordered it....
View All Quotes

If I could snag one around $200 (and not have to deal with the FFL nonsense ), I'd probably grab one and sell off the Warden to recoup a couple bucks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#26]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
I think someone already shared a link to this, but thought I'd embed it here. Much CQBR awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-nuuRhOz0
View Quote

Thanks for posting that.  Lots of Glock too.  I had a Tercel in about the same color as that one.  

ugh, top of page..... Hmmmmmm.......

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Finished my 3rd CQBR URG last night. Everything is still brand new so I'm gonna go break them in tomorrow morning

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Finished my 3rd CQBR URG last night. Everything is still brand new so I'm gonna go break them in tomorrow morning

http://i.imgur.com/xFde5td.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qm8jTba.jpg
View Quote

FIFY......since you're a Marine and all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

LOL
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#30]

LOL
View All Quotes

LOL

Dibs on broken parts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#32]
When you break it, I will the rear KAC sight.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Digging the SFCT - didn't know they were available yet?  Would love to replace some 3T's I have :)
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#35]
20160623_201117-01 by T B, on Flickr
20160623_201024-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

~Augee

I have been thinking about that as well. I wish I could figure a way to get the locking mechanism of the KAC nt4 and do a form 1 can around that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:45:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Hammer] [#37]
Well I just fucked my Mod 0 up by installing a TD vfg but I like it better than the knights

How difficult is it to cut down an m4a1 ris ii fsp?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/J4Z3k3" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7138/27612062960_e3676a20c5_z.jpg</a>20160623_201117-01 by T B, on Flickr
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JkB9Wj" target="_blank">https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7191/27788856662_8bf0235fda_z.jpg</a>20160623_201024-01 by T B, on Flickr
View Quote

Damn, dude. That shit makes me want to slap on my Kights rail again, and buy a PEQ-2A. Not really digging that flash hider, but everything else is kickass.

Put a corncob on there, and it's perfect imo.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#39]
MK18 MOD 0 Block II with Daniel Defense MK18 FSP RIS II Rail on a pistol lower.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#40]
" />
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Repr762:

<a href="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/derekwatsonpt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsywyx5xyo.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/derekwatsonpt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsywyx5xyo.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/derekwatsonpt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm5uk6kho.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/derekwatsonpt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm5uk6kho.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/derekwatsonpt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrelo6s9c.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/derekwatsonpt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrelo6s9c.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Nice, but how do you shoot with that SU-230 so far back? I've got mine a good two notches up, and it's perfect. Seems like you'd get scope-bit if you shouldered that.

" />

Anyway, still trying new ambidextrous light setups on this upper. I think I'm just gonna leave this one light free for now.  

" />
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Nice, but how do you shoot with that SU-230 so far back? I've got mine a good two notches up, and it's perfect. Seems like you'd get scope-bit if you shouldered that.

http://<a href=https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7304/27823423751_e0252c70b9_b.jpg</a>" />

Anyway, still trying new ambidextrous light setups on this upper. I think I'm just gonna leave this one light free for now.  

http://<a href=https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7255/27287480993_6e66c88322_b.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Repr762:

<a href="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/derekwatsonpt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsywyx5xyo.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/derekwatsonpt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsywyx5xyo.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/derekwatsonpt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm5uk6kho.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/derekwatsonpt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsm5uk6kho.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s722.photobucket.com/user/derekwatsonpt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrelo6s9c.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/derekwatsonpt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrelo6s9c.jpeg</a>

http://<a href=https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7304/27823423751_e0252c70b9_b.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7255/27287480993_6e66c88322_b.jpg</a>" />

It works for me, havent been scope bit yet. If you notice also, the blade brace is pulled back a bit on the tube.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Got this guy back from the gunsmith yesterday.  Colt upper and barrel with a KAC RAS and 4P.  Want to pick up a peq2 soon and get an NT4 later down the road.

What optic should I put on this guy?

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#44]
If anyone is in the market for a tan atpialc, I might be able to help you out. Give me a yell.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Alshooter1526:
Got this guy back from the gunsmith yesterday.  Colt upper and barrel with a KAC RAS and 4P.  Want to pick up a peq2 soon and get an NT4 later down the road.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HzALiQ" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7726/27290854714_d194686d18_c.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JsCVmw" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7289/27868416666_8064eef8c6_c.jpg</a>
View Quote

A good old carry handle cut-down would look best. But for an optic, I'd go with a M2/3 in a Wilcox.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 5:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#46]

A good old carry handle cut-down would look best. But for an optic, I'd go with a M2/3 in a Wilcox.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alshooter1526:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/HzALiQ" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7726/27290854714_d194686d18_c.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JsCVmw" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7289/27868416666_8064eef8c6_c.jpg</a>

Second this - M2/M3 and Wilcox for sure. :).

Also, can't believe how many guys are coming with 4P's... everyone I find is priced way up there.  :(

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#47]
If I could snag one around $200 (and not have to deal with the FFL nonsense ), I'd probably grab one and sell off the Warden to recoup a couple bucks.
View Quote

Optics Planet wasn't too bad, their list is under retail to begin with, and if you can't find a 10-15% discount coupon code from them, you're just not trying.  I paid $242.19 for mine.  

No clue why SWFA thinks you need an FFL for it, it's a fake can.  A fake can.  

Yes, you have to wait for it to be special ordered...  If you can't wait thirty days to get a fake can from Optics Planet, you may as well forget about ever having a real can.  

The SF-TRAINER-556 has no holes in the side... again, y'all are thinking of the BFA and BSD.  

Could you do a Form 1 can using one?  I guess with sufficient desire and dedication, but I frankly couldn't see it really being worth it, unless you cut the whole front off and just used the locking mechanism, in which case, you may as well start with a Warden.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Optics Planet wasn't too bad, their list is under retail to begin with, and if you can't find a 10-15% discount coupon code from them, you're just not trying.  I paid $242.19 for mine.  

Yes, you have to wait for it to be special ordered...  If you can't wait thirty days to get a fake can from Optics Planet, you may as well forget about ever having a real can.  

The SF-TRAINER-556 has no holes in the side... again, y'all are thinking of the BFA and BSD.  

Could you do a Form 1 can using one?  I guess with sufficient desire and dedication, but I frankly couldn't see it really being worth it, unless you cut the whole front off and just used the locking mechanism, in which case, you may as well start with a Warden.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
If I could snag one around $200 (and not have to deal with the FFL nonsense http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies
/smiley_freak.gif
), I'd probably grab one and sell off the Warden to recoup a couple bucks.

~Augee

I'm still thinking about grabbing one, but I'm waiting to see what my hook-up can get it for me.

Secondary question...........OP lists them as fitting 556 and 762 mounts respectively. I'm 87% sure the mounts are the same regardless of the caliber. So is it just more clearance for the round like a real can would be? The Warden is caliber specific, so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't grab the wrong one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ViktorVaughn] [#49]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm still thinking about grabbing one, but I'm waiting to see what my hook-up can get it for me.

Secondary question...........OP lists them as fitting 556 and 762 mounts respectively. I'm 87% sure the mounts are the same regardless of the caliber. So is it just more clearance for the round like a real can would be? The Warden is caliber specific, so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't grab the wrong one.
View Quote

I'm honestly not sure what the difference is between the 556 and 762 version, however, my guess is/was that the SF-TRAINER-762 is probably the same length/weight as the SOCOM762-RC.  

Given the fact that a complete 9MM round will drop clear through the 556, I can't imagine the 762 having or needing more clearance, and it would begin to look even more absurd if the hole got much bigger.  The purpose of the training adapter isn't to redirect anything like the Warden, it's simply to be a big, long, heavy attachment to the end of the barrel so that you can get hung up on doors and walls, etc. while running around a shoot-house doing close quarters shooting, so you're not training all your close quarters stuff with a snub-nosed weapon and not accounting for the extra 6" when you're actually doing it.  

I would assume that the important factor is/would be getting the length/weight right, which is what I assume the 762 training adapter to be.  

But, I never bothered to ask or confirm that, because I saw no reason not to just get the 5.56, especially since, if I ever get a .30 cal can, it'll probably be a MINI, not an full sized RC, which is the same size as the 5.56MM full size.    

~Augee
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 781 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top