AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 630 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNW:
The eotech buyback could potentially equalize the market - people wanting to sell them may be more inclined to just return them to eotech, may dry up used supply.
View Quote

Good point...maybe a wait and see would be a more pragmatic approach.  I just submitted my return requests for an su-231/231a........this should be interesting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:37:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KCGewehr] [#2]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Law guns lol.

Not but really, what are we to do with our law guns acquired 553's and genuine su231a marked eotechs?  Do they qualify for refunds? lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:
Originally Posted By KCGewehr:
-Price paid
-Receipt and location of purchase if available.

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to remember where I bought my 10 year old 552, let alone what price I paid and a receipt. Hell, I can't even remember where I bought my 3-4 year old 553.

Law guns lol.

Not but really, what are we to do with our law guns acquired 553's and genuine su231a marked eotechs?  Do they qualify for refunds? lol

My buddy bought a second hand SU231 marked EOTech and sent EOTech an RMA the other day. EOTech told him that his serial was military property and potentially stolen. He followed up with an email to EOTech customer service and hasn't heard back.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
With all this talk, I'm thinking of sending my exps back and selling my BUIS, M3X and possibly picking up an ACOG. But for some reason I have a feeling I'll just end up with an eotech in the long run
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#4]

My buddy bought a second hand SU231 marked EOTech and sent EOTech an RMA the other day. EOTech told him that his serial was military property and potentially stolen. He followed up with an email to EOTech customer service and hasn't heard back.

View All Quotes
-Price paid

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to remember where I bought my 10 year old 552, let alone what price I paid and a receipt. Hell, I can't even remember where I bought my 3-4 year old 553.

Law guns lol.

Guess I won't be sending mine in lol.

Plus I like the engraved UID hood markings of the 231a.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KCGewehr] [#5]

View All Quotes
-Price paid

Law guns lol.

Remember when people sent in their Law Guns 553's? Yeah, they didn't get them back. I'll keep you guys updated.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Remember when people sent in their Law Guns 553's? Yeah, they didn't get them back. I'll keep you guys updated.

View Quote

It was an entirely different time for Eotech though when that whole thing was going on.  

Looking forward to update.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:55:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#7]
KCGewehr:
View Quote

what lower is that on bottom rifle
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
KCGewehr:

Looks Nodak or McKay
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a colt LE6920 socom just laying around that I rarely shoot for reasons.  (COUGH, 16 INCH BBL, COUGH, NOT 14.5 OR 10.3 COUGH)

anyways...  Here's my questions.

Should I have the bbl chopped and do a mod 0 since it already has KAC rail, and is full colt?

Or should I take one of my westernsport bbls, and have FSP pin slots drilled.

(The westernsport bbl route would be cheaper than a chop.)  But would I kick myself for not going Colt?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#10]
Or should I save the westersnport bbl for another cqbr build, since I have a second 4 prong also?

I know a mini-4 isn't correct on a mod 0, but god damn if I build one, it's getting one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes
-Price paid

Law guns lol.

Guess I'm not sending mine back either
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:06:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#12]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes
-Price paid

Law guns lol.

We need glorious su231a engraved hood eotechs.  Dirty EXPS3 peasants meme.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fastfoot:

Haven't opened it yet, saving that until I get to the P.O. It looks like they tried their best to destroy the contents.

Crushing it wasn't enough, looks like it even got punctured w/ something that went right through.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/fastfoot62/Mobile%20Uploads/20151204_203456.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yote7:
The black DD RIS II M4A1 fsp rail I wanted to get cut down arrived today.......FML!

Gotta go chew some ass at the P.O. tomorrow.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/fastfoot62/Mobile%20Uploads/20151204_203555.jpg

Is the rail still fine though? Looks like the outside box did its job of protecting what was inside, not too mention the foam in the DD box...

Haven't opened it yet, saving that until I get to the P.O. It looks like they tried their best to destroy the contents.

Crushing it wasn't enough, looks like it even got punctured w/ something that went right through.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/fastfoot62/Mobile%20Uploads/20151204_203456.jpg

The rail survived the usps monkey abuse only because the seller shipped it triple boxed.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Or should I save the westersnport bbl for another cqbr build, since I have a second 4 prong also?

I know a mini-4 isn't correct on a mod 0, but god damn if I build one, it's getting one.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Looks Nodak or McKay
View All Quotes
KCGewehr:

Looks Nodak or McKay

Nodak XM16E1.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I kind of want to send one of mine back just because I want a T1... But that seems like a dick move.ill probably just sell it on the EE.
View All Quotes
I kind of want to send one of mine back just because I want a T1... But that seems like a dick move.ill probably just sell it on the EE.

Why not a T2? They seem better in every way, besides the dumbass flip up covers that seem to be permanently attached.

Anyway, what exactly is the difference between the Compm2 and 3 vs the Pro? The 2 and 3 seem to be out of production.

Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20: Hell, I can't even remember where I bought my 3-4 year old 553.

Law guns lol.

I'm not sure I follow. It says the 553 is discontinued on the Eotech website, but they were widely available back in the day to civilians.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Why not a T2? They seem better in every way, besides the dumbass flip up covers that seem to be permanently attached.

Anyway, what exactly is the difference between the Compm2 and 3 vs the Pro? The 2 and 3 seem to be out of production.

I'm not sure I follow. It says the 553 is discontinued on the Eotech website, but they were widely available back in the day to civilians.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20: Hell, I can't even remember where I bought my 3-4 year old 553.

Law guns lol.

Eotech said that anything that was marked "SU-231" was only sold to .mil and therefore must be stolen.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#18]

Eotech said that anything that was marked "SU-231" was only sold to .mil and therefore must be stolen.
View All Quotes

Law guns lol.

This is not true.  Older like 2008-9ish 553s were marked su-231/peq and were available just about anywhere.

It's a certain serial number range of su231s that belonged to the military.

Anytime you ever call eotech and ask a question like this, they instantly assume the worst.  They assume it's stolen govt property if you call about an su231 or a "tan" 553 sometimes because of how often they get the call lol.

I had a su231/peq in the 700,XXX serial range I bought from either brownells or midway back in 2010ish.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#19]

View All Quotes

Law guns lol.

FWIW, mine was SU-231 marked and they serviced it at no charge, and it was returned to me. No muss, no fuss.

ETA: Beaten by Brodband8.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:52:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#20]
Any trijicon reflexes seen in the wild?

Ive played with a few recently and really kind of like them.

Thinking of getting rid of my eotech on my block 1 and throwing on a reflex.

They look like they could be in use...

And its on the sopmod program...
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#21]
This is not true.  Older like 2008-9ish 553s were marked su-231/peq and were available just about anywhere.

Anytime you ever call eotech and ask a question like this, they instantly assume the worst.  They assume it's stolen govt property if you call about an su231 or a "tan" 553 sometimes because of how often they get the call lol.

I had a su231/peq in the 700,XXX serial range I bought from either brownells or midway back in 2010ish.
View Quote

This. (Sorry squirrel)

I owned one, wasn't mil property, I ran the SN.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I didn't say that there aren't legit 231's in the .civ world. I'm just telling you what Eotech said to me. I even told them you could find brand spanking new ones that were marked on shelves and websites, the guy I was talking to said that he's never heard of such a thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]

I didn't say that there aren't legit 231's in the .civ world. I'm just telling you what Eotech said to me. I even told them you could find brand spanking new ones that were marked on shelves and websites, the guy I was talking to said that he's never heard of such a thing.
View All Quotes

Makes sense.  See?  I told you some of those people at eotech have no clue lol
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#24]

This. (Sorry squirrel)

View All Quotes

This. (Sorry squirrel)

See my response. Just quoting what I was told by a dumbass CS rep.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]
They will fix is.  I sent mine in a year ago for and end cap strike I had for a few years and they fixed it no issues.
View Quote

SWWEEEEETT!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

This. (Sorry squirrel)

Gotcha. Yea I said SU-231/PEQ when I had them run it. I guess I got a rep that actually knew a thing or 2 about their own products.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Less eotech, more reflex!

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#28]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

http://www.airsoftnews.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Elements-Trijicon-Reflex-1.jpg
View Quote

Sorry bout your FCG pins, bro.

She said my air is so soft.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#29]

http://www.airsoftnews.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Elements-Trijicon-Reflex-1.jpg
View Quote

what, so we all know airsofters run them?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Someone find me an in the wild pic.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fastfoot] [#31]

Edit: Dammit, pbj beat me to it....

Eotech?

The awnser......

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone find me an in the wild pic.

http://www.ast-karhukopla.com/tph/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/IMG_3202.jpg
View Quote

That one is airsoft too homie.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

And where exactly would this be marked? The box says 553.A65TAN. I don't see anything on the sight other than the usual "For Law Enforcement/Military Use", but that's on all of them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#34]

And where exactly would this be marked? The box says 553.A65TAN. I don't see anything on the sight other than the usual "For Law Enforcement/Military Use", but that's on all of them.
View All Quotes

not mine:

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Lower right hand side. You would have seen it if yours was.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Oh yeah, I've got none of that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#37]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#38]
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RX01NSN

https://www.trijicon.com/images/product_masters/RX01NSN.jpg
View Quote

That pic is airs......

Third time's a charm, peanut butter and jelly unkie.

I've used an RX01NSN, and I actually liked it quite a bit. As a matter of fact, I almost bought one off the EE
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]
If you guys do a RARF through EOTech site for a su-231, select discontinued on the drop down as it isn't listed under type of product. I will keep you posted on how this goes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

No.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

No.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/745/21836307388_b703516255_b.jpg
View All Quotes

No.

I actually just bought a minty 551...........I ain't skeered!
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#42]

No.

View All Quotes

No.

LOL EOTECH
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentMark] [#43]
Thinking about selling or trading my su230 Elcan and going to a t1.....what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#44]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:
Thinking about selling or trading my su230 Elcan and going to a t1.....what do you guys think?
View Quote

I think I have a T1 I would trade for your su230 lol.

and......  I think you're crazy.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

2nd, though I don't have a T1, I'll have it shipped right to your door.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Most of the military 231 & 231a do not have L3/Eotech logos on them. If your 231 has the logos on the hood or battery cap there's a good chance it's a civi model.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Ill shun you
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I will one up with this by making sure my T1 arrives in the next 45 minutes via SR-71 blackbird.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#50]

I will one up with this by making sure my T1 arrives in the next 45 minutes via SR-71 blackbird.
View All Quotes

That might be worth it.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 630 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top