User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 29 of 1567)
Page / 1567
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What's a couple like $2K or more? I would have considered if I didn't buy a lot of other stuff.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:55:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PFran42:

I have a couple grand. Where's mine?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

PEQ-15's are easy to come by if you have a couple grand.  

try the right hand side of this page when it loads

you may or may not be eligible to own/purchase one.  but that's not my responsibility.....or problem.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
After following this thread for some time, now I think I have something I can contribute

My Mod0 clone

Still working on my Mod1 clone.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]

you may or may not be eligible to own/purchase one.  but that's not my responsibility.....or problem.  
View All Quotes

How is this easy to come by again?

Don't you meant easy to come by if you are Mil or LEO?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

You send them your money, they send you the item.

If that's too difficult, perhaps knitting would be a better hobby for you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Thank you for putting me in my place. I'll make sure I clean the Chapter room with a toothbrush before you and the rest of the vetted brothers get back from your wild weekend adventures.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Thank you for putting me in my place. I'll make sure I clean the Chapter room with a toothbrush before you and the rest of the vetted brothers get back from your wild weekend adventures.
View Quote

That's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Nothing to do with that.  It's more that you don't realize the asinine nature of your question.

You don't *HAVE* to be LE/.mil to purchase one.  If you're not willing to do the legwork to figure out how to lawfully purchase one as a non-LE/mil type, being a smartass to me isn't going to change that.  Maybe instead of focusing on being snarky to someone for trying to help you, you'd be better served putting that energy into doing the research necessary to obtain the answer to your question.

But hey, if you wanna keep acting like a spoiled fucking brat expecting someone to pick you up and drive you to the PEQ-15 store, that's completely up to you.  Ignore lists are handy that way.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know why you guys start these pissing matches in these threads and get em locked every time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
No need to worry; I added that user to my ignore list and won't be reading or responding to any more of his/her posts.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:

Slow your roll newb.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jellis71985:
Just posted my DD MK18 ris II FDE on EE....just in case anyone was looking.
LOL... Why are you "bumping" it twice a day? Not that it actually bumps it but you don't read very well do you?  

I can read very well. Had no problem reading a response post from a "ball hard" prick.

Slow your roll newb.

Ha newb. No my roll is moving at the right speed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#12]

View Quote

Lol, keep "bumping" your ad then if you can read so well. Ignored.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Just posted my DD MK18 ris II FDE on EE....just in case anyone was looking.
LOL... Why are you "bumping" it twice a day? Not that it actually bumps it but you don't read very well do you?  

I can read very well. Had no problem reading a response post from a "ball hard" prick.

Slow your roll newb.

Haha
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Nothing to do with that.  It's more that you don't realize the asinine nature of your question.

You don't *HAVE* to be LE/.mil to purchase one.  If you're not willing to do the legwork to figure out how to lawfully purchase one as a non-LE/mil type, being a smartass to me isn't going to change that.  Maybe instead of focusing on being snarky to someone for trying to help you, you'd be better served putting that energy into doing the research necessary to obtain the answer to your question.

But hey, if you wanna keep acting like a spoiled fucking brat expecting someone to pick you up and drive you to the PEQ-15 store, that's completely up to you.  Ignore lists are handy that way.  
View All Quotes

Please tell me know how, as Insight themselves would not sell me one directly (I'm .mil as well). I could however buy the VIS model, which I did. AFAIK, the only way I know how to buy one is for agency sales.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jarmstrong1029] [#15]
Heavy Flow Friday?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Soooo has anyone built a MK18 Mod 1 in .300 blackout?!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]
It looks like Insight is going to take care of me and be awesome about it at the same time

Can someone who has purchased directly from them tell me how the process works? I received my quote and told them I want to move forward. My quote was then forwarded to the orders department. How do I pay them? Do they contact me for payment when it's ready? Also, the quote said 30 days for time, is that the ETA for making it, or having it delivered as well?

Also, I see that most of you went with the fixed mount on the WMX200, is there a reason why you didn't get the rotating mount? I know JShepard said it doesn't perform well during heavy use and that it blocks a top-mounted laser when in the 1 o'clock, but is there any other reason to not get the "clone correct" rotating mount?

Thanks in advance, most of you guys rock and are always extremely helpful!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Thunder79:

It looks like Insight is going to take care of me and be awesome about it at the same time

Can someone who has purchased directly from them tell me how the process works? I received my quote and told them I want to move forward. My quote was then forwarded to the orders department. How do I pay them? Do they contact me for payment when it's ready? Also, the quote said 30 days for time, is that the ETA for making it, or having it delivered as well?

Also, I see that most of you went with the fixed mount on the WMX200, is there a reason why you didn't get the rotating mount? I know JShepard said it doesn't perform well during heavy use and that it blocks a top-mounted laser when in the 1 o'clock, but is there any other reason to not get the "clone correct" rotating mount?

View Quote

Idk about everything else, but there have been more of the fixed mount seen than the rotating mount. The fixed mount is just as correct as the rotating.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Please tell me know how, as Insight themselves would not sell me one directly (I'm .mil as well). I could however buy the VIS model, which I did. AFAIK, the only way I know how to buy one is for agency sales.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Would like to know also

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Would you have typed this many words to explain how he would go through that process? I'm going to guess probably not.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:56:47 AM EDT
[#21]
C'mon fellas.. Take it to IM if y'all have to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Wait.... There's a PEQ-15 store?!

IMG_3646 by wormydog1724, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Thunder,

If it works like the other stuff I've ordered directly from L3, the 30 days is from the quote issue to when you place the order.  In other words you have 30 days to order it off of that quote to ensure that price (not trying to insult).  Once you actually place the order they forward it to the orders department as you stated.  They will then contact you when the item is actually made and ready to ship.  For me this was the point that time they charged my card.  For a PEQ it's possible they will charge you ahead of time but I haven't purchased one of those so I can't tell you.  I can definitely tell you that they are great to work with and I would buy from them again for sure.

Hopefully that is helpful.

Brandon
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:31:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#24]

View Quote

Both types of mounts are "clone correct," so just get whatever you want. I do wonder about issue rates of the IR HI vs LO versions. It's really irrelevant if you have a Class 3b aiming laser IMO.

I think most people got fixed mounts because that's what was readily available at the time from sellers like Optics Planet. I have a rotating mount that I scored off eBay NIB for $375 about 2 years ago. It has a cool factor that the fixed does not, but it does feel ever so slightly less solid because of very slight travel of the light on the rotating mechanism. It still takes effort to rotate and it's not like it's flopping around while you're running or anything.

In any  event, good choice on the light and welcome to the club.

And to the others doubting the ability to get ATPIALs, it can be done. I scored a NIP PEQ-2A from a seller and it was totally legit: gave a copy of my driver's license and filled out a State Department non-export agreement. He had ATPIALS, too, but they were pricey. There is NO WAY I would publicly post the seller's information on a public forum (or IMor that matter) because people would rush to try and get one and it could potentially sour the well (think sending Law-Guns SU-231s to EOTech for repair). As ArmedFerrett indicated, if you want one bad enough, do the leg work and you will find one.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]
...as luck would have it, I found a PEQ-15 within 20 miles of me. Now come the negotiations.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:10:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#26]
I need NVGs for a halfway descent price.  I already have an ATILLA-200.

ETA: Damn, accidental page ownage.

Can't tell if that's an LMT 10.5 or Colt 10.3 but I'm happy to see the Larue rail.

"A U.S. Army Special Forces soldier assigned to the the 7th Special Forces Group, prepares to fire a M4 CQBR carbine during the Fuerzas Comando 2010 competition, Santo Domingo, June 2010."

image sourced from public domain
Photo: US DoD
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By romad99:

Thunder,

If it works like the other stuff I've ordered directly from L3, the 30 days is from the quote issue to when you place the order.  In other words you have 30 days to order it off of that quote to ensure that price (not trying to insult).  Once you actually place the order they forward it to the orders department as you stated.  They will then contact you when the item is actually made and ready to ship.  For me this was the point that time they charged my card.  For a PEQ it's possible they will charge you ahead of time but I haven't purchased one of those so I can't tell you.  I can definitely tell you that they are great to work with and I would buy from them again for sure.

Brandon
View All Quotes

Thunder,

Brandon

30 days means that's how long until it's at your door. Could be less however.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Must be different than my purchases from them.  Doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Must be different than my purchases from them.  Doesn't matter.
View Quote

I could be very wrong. Generally when it's estimated delivery date is 30 days, they bill you immediately (if you decide to purchase), then it's usually there in a couple of weeks or so. When I ordered my MRDS and PEQ-15, those took a little longer, and they billed me around shipping time. Either way you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#30]

I need NVGs for a halfway descent price.  I already have an ATILLA-200.

ETA: Damn, accidental page ownage.

Can't tell if that's an LMT 10.5 or Colt 10.3 but I'm happy to see the Larue rail.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/romad99/7th-group.jpg

"A U.S. Army Special Forces soldier assigned to the the 7th Special Forces Group, prepares to fire a M4 CQBR carbine during the Fuerzas Comando 2010 competition, Santo Domingo, June 2010."

image sourced from public domain

Photo: US DoD

View Quote

Eotech 4x magnifier too. Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#31]
I need NVGs for a halfway decent price.
View Quote

You and me both.

It's essentially all I'm still lacking.

ETA - and BTW, you sold my KAC 300m rear sight on the EE back to one of my best buds. It has pretty much made its way back to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I have NV.

kit-2 by wormydog1724, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Look what showed up in the mail...

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

You and me both.

ETA - and BTW, you sold my KAC 300m rear sight on the EE back to one of my best buds. It has pretty much made its way back to me.
View All Quotes
I need NVGs for a halfway decent price.

You and me both.

I have now gone back and forth on the KAC sights like three times now.  I just keep finding other things I want more than BUIS.  The sad thing is that once I get the last few things I'll feel compelled to buy the KAC sights again to complete the guns...

Stupid clone threads!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I have NV.

[email=https://www.flickr.com/photos/94844416@N02/10557643035/]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3698/10557643035_e21ec33845_b.jpg[/email]
kit-2 by wormydog1724, on Flickr
View Quote

mk12 mod wormydog is boss.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4socom] [#36]

Can someone point me in the right direction for a winged docter mrd mount for the TA01NSN?  My google skills seem to be lacking on this one.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By m4socom:

Experimenting with optics.....just need to hit it with some paint.  

Can someone point me in the right direction for a winged docter mrd mount for the TA01NSN?  My google skills seem to be lacking on this one.

http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-7xC5JcC/0/M/i-7xC5JcC-M.jpg

View Quote

That looks killer...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#38]
Got CQBRs?

Just picked up the Mini 4 today. Though that rig still looks and feels so naked without its M300B. The new Mod 3 FDE Gear Sector offset Scout mount is supposed to finally be on its way to me shortly though...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Got CQBRs?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/7FBA52D9-C5C0-45DE-BB96-8576734576BA_zpscfl1nfrt.jpg

Just picked up the Mini 4 today. Though that rig still looks and feels so naked without its M300B. The new Mod 3 FDE Gear Sector offset Scout mount is supposed to finally be on its way to me shortly though...
View Quote

Ohhh I like the mini. I think I need one
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

If it's for a Doctor MRD they are not made anymore. I found one on EE couple months back tough find.  
You can purchase RMR MRD mounts that directly bolt to the Acog tabs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Got CQBRs?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/7FBA52D9-C5C0-45DE-BB96-8576734576BA_zpscfl1nfrt.jpg

It's tiny. The pic really doesn't do it justice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Got CQBRs?

View Quote
We need a range report on the mini

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

If it's for a Doctor MRD they are not made anymore. I found one on EE couple months back tough find.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:

There was a dr with acog mount on th EE a few days ago.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Got CQBRs?

View Quote

I'm going the same direction with Aimpoint optics on both my shorty and M4A1.  Fortunately the T-1's are "allowed" for the M4A1 but regardless I'm just not an EOTech fan.  If they made an EXPS with ONLY a single dot I'd consider it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Used mine for a big rifle match yesterday. Everything from point blank to out to 300 plus yards. Ran better than I did.
IMG_20140426_190319 by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Got CQBRs?

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#47]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
Used mine for a big rifle match yesterday. Everything from point blank to out to 300 plus yards. Ran better than I did.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/nocx1E" target="_blank">https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2930/14034705594_b1dfc080af_z.jpg</a>IMG_20140426_190319 by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

Nice.

I still don't understand why most competition guys run around with long, heavy 18" SS rigs.

Far from saying 10.3" is the answer (though it can be adequate as you know first hand), but there's lengths between 10.3 and 18 that are just as equally suited for nearly any 3 gun competition.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm going the same direction with Aimpoint optics on both my shorty and M4A1.  Fortunately the T-1's are "allowed" for the M4A1 but regardless I'm just not an EOTech fan.  If they made an EXPS with ONLY a single dot I'd consider it.
View All Quotes
Got CQBRs?

I'm a noob when it comes to all this new stuff (I'm a recent stalker to this forum, out of the RETRO forum) but isn't that what the EXPS3-0 is?  I just bought one for my CQBR? build that I'm working on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

I'm a noob when it comes to all this new stuff (I'm a recent stalker to this forum, out of the RETRO forum) but isn't that what the EXPS3-0 is?  I just bought one for my CQBR? build that I'm working on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:
Got CQBRs?

The EOTech reticle is not just a dot, it's a dot with a circle around it and 4 hash marks on the circle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Nice.

I still don't understand why most competition guys run around with long, heavy 18" SS rigs.

Far from saying 10.3" is the answer (though it can be adequate as you know first hand), but there's lengths between 10.3 and 18 that are just as equally suited for nearly any 3 gun competition.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TannerB:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/nocx1E" target="_blank">https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2930/14034705594_b1dfc080af_z.jpg</a>IMG_20140426_190319 by tb5252, on Flickr

Nice.

An 18" rifle gas gun with LMOS and adjustable gas will be softer shooting than any carbine or mid length gun. Softer shooting means faster shooting. Faster shooting means winning. 18" SS also adds velocity and accuracy on those 400+ yard steel shots. Also means winning.

Not all matches have 400+ yard steel shots, some are only 50 yard bays. That's when I run my sbr. Picking the right stick for the game is as important picking the right tool for the job. Playing golf with a baseball bat is tricky, as is building a birdhouse with a crescent wrench and thumbtacks. Lol.

I'm not being hostile or meaning to come off as a dick so I hope I'm not. Just wanted to explain why competition guys run around with 18" heavy long SS guns vs 10.5" sbr's.
Page / 1567
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 29 of 1567)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top