User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1447 of 1566)
Page / 1566
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember where I found this pic, or if it has been posted, (heck it could be airsoft for all I know), but I just wanted to post it because of the interesting choice in rapid transition sights. Also noticed they are using adm mounts for their lpvo's. Anyone know what company makes the sights? They look like maybe deuck defense but I'm not sure without a closer look.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I don't remember where I found this pic, or if it has been posted, (heck it could be airsoft for all I know), but I just wanted to post it because of the interesting choice in rapid transition sights. Also noticed they are using adm mounts for their lpvo's. Anyone know what company makes the sights? They look like maybe deuck defense but I'm not sure without a closer look.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/12EF0F03-5827-4ABF-A6BE-F6B87D655B1C_jpe-1930668.JPG
View Quote

Sights are dueck rapid transition sights.
I’m assuming it was probably a surefire or Daniel defense set up event.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Mk18 and MP5 on vodka.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#4]
Awaiting piggyback doctor and a peq.

my RC1 will reside on it when my 4P gets here, but for now I guess I'll settle for the NT4.

my gf said she will pay half the pvs31 when I save the rest, so I held off on a laser for now.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#5]
Originally Posted By Spooled:

my gf said she will pay half the pvs31 when I save the rest, so I held off on a laser for now.

https://i.ibb.co/b3T3PDQ/0230-C494-CA30-4-A94-9-BD6-DBEEFCF7660-B.jpg

View Quote

According to my trusty What Women Really Mean When They Say... handbook, that obligates you to propose to her within 18 months. It’s right there in Chapter 7: The “Sure You Can Upgrade Your Night Vision” Trickery
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

According to my trusty What Women Really Mean When They Say... handbook, that obligates you to propose to her within 18 months. It's right there in Chapter 7: The "Sure You Can Upgrade Your Night Vision" Trickery
View Quote
I'm dead lmaoooooo
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Mk18 and MP5 on vodka.
https://i.postimg.cc/52gn29gJ/1-C795029-BE2-B-4401-9-EEE-10-BFAC52-F166.jpg
View Quote

That duo speaks to me
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]

I’m assuming it was probably a surefire or Daniel defense set up event.
View Quote

My bet is a Daniel Defense sponsored event. The stocks are a dead give away that its not military.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

The A1 designation at the end (M855A1) is an important distinction vs. what you're comparing it to. This round is optimized for the shorter barrels. It's a much less common round to find and thus, the price can be pretty steep.
View Quote

There's nothing really specific about it for shorter barrels.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:

My bet is a Daniel Defense sponsored event. The stocks are a dead give away that its not military.
View Quote

That and the tan cerakoted guns missing the third pins.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#11]
Originally Posted By Wake27:

There's nothing really specific about it for shorter barrels.
View Quote

An excerpt from this article: “The M855A1 is tailored for use in the M-4 weapon system (Colt M4 Carbine and Colt M4A1 Carbine Short Barreled Rifle platforms) but also improves the performance of the M-16 assault rifle...” But to your point, it doesn’t say optimized for the short barreled rifle. Testing seemed to be on the 20” and 14.5.”
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah that was clearly written by some nerd that publishes shit for Army acquisitions. Doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work pretty well but the goal of that round is exactly what the mission states.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys figured there might be a difference between the M855 I'm familiar with and the $3/rd stuff.  Learn something new everyday.

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of M855A1 over MK262/Sierra Matchking 77gr OTM rounds?  I always thought MK262 was the military round that was optimized for accuracy and had ballistics that helped make up for the shortcomings of 10.3" barrels.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Pippinone:
Thanks guys figured there might be a difference between the M855 I'm familiar with and the $3/rd stuff.  Learn something new everyday.

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of M855A1 over MK262/Sierra Matchking 77gr OTM rounds?  I always thought MK262 was the military round that was optimized for accuracy and had ballistics that helped make up for the shortcomings of 10.3" barrels.
View Quote

Steel core for armor penetration.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm assuming it was probably a surefire or Daniel defense set up event.
View Quote
Thought they looked like the deuck rts, but wasn't 100%. After seeing they all had dd stocks and some of the rifles were sporting 11.5" barrels, I figured it had to be a dd range setup. I, still curious what the event or demo was all about. I'll have to try a reverse image search to see where it leads me.

Originally Posted By Spooled:
Awaiting piggyback doctor and a peq.

my RC1 will reside on it when my 4P gets here, but for now I guess I'll settle for the NT4.

https://i.ibb.co/b3T3PDQ/0230-C494-CA30-4-A94-9-BD6-DBEEFCF7660-B.jpg

View Quote

Awe, poor guy. Life is hard. Rifle looks great by the way.

On a side note, I just finished installing the mk12 gb onto the colt m4cqb, 4p wit( rocksett, as well as installing the new barrel and reinstalling the ris ii. The barrel length is on par with crane spec colt m4 cutdowns and dd 10.3" The BA chf is longer than crane spec even though it was sold as crane spec. After timing the 4p, the gap from suppressor to rail decreased a little from what it was with the BA. Now to get to the range!

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:53:46 AM EDT
[#16]
DD vs Badger Mk12 GB, does it matter at all?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

I sure hope that mawl never needs an elevation adjustment on the go
View Quote

I try to refrain from dialing up for distance with my lasers
But on the real this is one of the big reasons I am far from a big fan of the mawl, unless your running a light on the left side for a right handed shooter of the mawl it is a pain in the ass. Your limited to basically using a surefire scout with the small heads as the medium and large head lights don’t fit, no insight lights no surefire x300’s. And like you said elevation is blocked when a light is installed like so. If this didn’t have one of the best illumination set ups in terms of performance and quick mode change it would stay in my safe a lot more.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Thought they looked like the deuck rts, but wasn't 100%. After seeing they all had dd stocks and some of the rifles were sporting 11.5" barrels, I figured it had to be a dd range setup. I, still curious what the event or demo was all about. I'll have to try a reverse image search to see where it leads me.
View Quote

Yeah usually if surefire suppressors are present and there are offset sights good chance dueck sights are the brand. Barry dueck is actually the creator of the surefire suppressor division and the socom cans.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Charlies being the typical clown show they are

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
View Quote

The Daniel Defense gas block is sold as the, "commercial" version.

Maybe that only has to do with packaging. (The box?)

Most stainless gas blocks are made of 17-4 stainless and often are investment castings.

The MK12 gas block is supposed to be machined from 416 stainless.

There have been some clones made of chrome moly steel, carbon steel or 17-4 stainless.

Both Daniel Defense and Badger M12 gas blocks seem to be the correct dimensions and 416 material.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
probably doesn't matter, but if given the choice, go with badger. Might just be me, but getting a badger ordinance just seems right. They are probably the same thing, but with the badger, you know, without a doubt, that you got the correct gas block. If it's in stock still, I say go with badger.

Yeah usually if surefire suppressors are present and there are offset sights good chance dueck sights are the brand. Barry dueck is actually the creator of the surefire suppressor division and the socom cans.
View Quote
That makes sense. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. Besides some of the cheaper knockoffs that try to copy, his rts sights are fairly recognizable. I wasn't sure if anyone else made similar ones, but after looking he seems to be the only one using that style of 45 sights with the a2 rear and m4 styled front.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Pic after installing new gasblock and barrel, 4p is timed, ready to rock. I didn't check bore/suppressor alignment with a rod, what is everyone's opinion on alignment rods? Needed, unneeded?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:21:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#23]
Badger isn't an official supplier for the CQBR/SOPMOD program although they were the supplier for the actual Mk12 rifle so close enough I guess.

Per CD...
Got the CAGE code and NSN off the packaging and here's the results on the low profile gas blocks. There are 3 suppliers for the NSN (ones I have here are from Coronet)

NSN: 1005-01-597-1170 Cylinder, Gas Gun

CAGE
12255 USN, Crane IN
9K646 Coronet Machinery Corp, Bethel CT
3E3E2 Daniel Defense Inc, Black Creek GA

Out of those 3 suppliers, believe you would only be able to get one from DD.

CD
View Quote

Daniel Defense are the easiest to source and are the same product just in commercial packaging. Badger are to spec and are an acceptable alternative. I've seen a few Coronet's floating around but they are rare. Obviously, the DRMO kits are a mystery pick of the 3 above.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:
Badger isn't an official supplier for the CQBR/SOPMOD program although they were the supplier for the actual Mk12 rifle so close enough I guess.

Per CD...

Daniel Defense are the easiest to source and are the same product just in commercial packaging. Badger are to spec and are an acceptable alternative. I've seen a few Coronet's floating around but they are rare. Obviously, the DRMO kits are a mystery pick of the 3 above.
View Quote

I've got some extra coronets laying around
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Pic after installing new gasblock and barrel, 4p is timed, ready to rock. I didn't check bore/suppressor alignment with a rod, what is everyone's opinion on alignment rods? Needed, unneeded?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/32B588DE-8751-4A33-85FD-FC292005395E_jpe-1932582.JPG
View Quote

Not needed. Maybe visually inspect though.

I can't wait for the new 4 prongs to start selling I need another.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

I've got some extra coronets laying around
View Quote

Show off
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:03:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DeputySteel] [#27]
Long shot here.. Anyone have any recommendations for where to look for an RC2 in stock in the near future?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:29:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#28]

Per CD...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Per CD...
Got the CAGE code and NSN off the packaging and here's the results on the low profile gas blocks. There are 3 suppliers for the NSN (ones I have here are from Coronet)

NSN: 1005-01-597-1170 Cylinder, Gas Gun

CAGE
12255 USN, Crane IN
9K646 Coronet Machinery Corp, Bethel CT
3E3E2 Daniel Defense Inc, Black Creek GA

Out of those 3 suppliers, believe you would only be able to get one from DD.

CD

Thanks for the correction. I forgot CD posted that, and also forgot DD was legit contracted for it. Here I was promoting the badger ord for like 2 or 3 pages and no one said a word. Lol

Eta- I can’t help but wonder if the badger mk12 gas blocks were used on the early mod1’s for the navy? Unless Crane were producing their own at that point? Idk though, just speculation/curious?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DeputySteel:
Long shot here.. Anyone have any recommendations for where to look for an RC2 in stock in the near future?
View Quote

Sign up for notifications at Arms unlimited. They will send one when they come back.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Sign up for notifications at Arms unlimited. They will send one when they come back.
View Quote

Big Tex has been getting regular shipments in.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:09:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#31]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Good to know.

Edit: Higher prices though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DeputySteel:
View Quote

Get the UPC from SureFire’s product page and search it on Gun Deals.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Can you guys help me out with this M3X? Is it the clone correct version? The light head has the long lines where a bunch of the versions I'm seeing has the checkered pattern. Also, I have the chance to buy it. If it is clone correct, what would be a fair price for it?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dafro:
Can you guys help me out with this M3X? Is it the clone correct version? The light head has the long lines where a bunch of the versions I'm seeing has the checkered pattern. Also, I have the chance to buy it. If it is clone correct, what would be a fair price for it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/295653/Screenshot_20210507-124324_Gallery_jpg-1933292.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/295653/Screenshot_20210507-124330_Gallery_jpg-1933294.JPG
View Quote
It is not clone correct in the sense that it's not the issued version. The su-233 had an incandescent lamp head (checker) and also yellow stickers w/ it's information on it. Also some had serial numbers stamped on the body of the light. However I don't think many would fault you here for having that instead of an actual su-233.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Took a cqbr family photo. 99% close to being done. Need the larue spr-e so I can put the tr21 on the eod build, a broom handle for the mod0, and the correct light for my devgru build. I'm getting closer though.
Attachment Attached File

Also took a pic of my suppressor gap after timing and rocksett.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By js1977:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6uA1wuAeI

Running through YT and came across this guy.  Sweet-ass rifle and I tip my hat off to the guy running it.
View Quote

I can't help but laugh my ass off when I see that drill (and ones like it) and I don't think I've ever heard a single good justification for them. So bizarre.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

I can't help but laugh my ass off when I see that drill (and ones like it) and I don't think I've ever heard a single good justification for them. So bizarre.
View Quote

What drills should a wheelchair guy be running lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]
The 2nd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Level 1 Dive Team completed its month-long Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET) in Peru with Fuerza de Operaciones Especiales (Peruvian Navy SEALs). The Detachment capitalized on this unique opportunity by conducting small unit tactics in the jungle of the Amazon Rainforest, combat diving operations in the Pacific Ocean, and live fire exercises in a subtropical desert environment. This JCET enhanced the proficiency of both units, extended USSF operational reach, and further solidified USSOF as the Partner of Choice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

What drills should a wheelchair guy be running lol
View Quote

The same drills all of us should be running? I don't think being in a wheelchair would change much … I would just advocate for drills that make common sense, are at least grounded in some basis of reality or have some justification behind it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Its not really a drill,

It's the "Operator Readiness Test" from Redback One/Jason Falla.

Essentially its a check on learning of a lot of handling skills under time constraints. It's not really intended to be a drill to practice anything, it's intended to test your ability to manipulate your weapons quickly and accurately get off those first transition rounds.

Most people see it as a skill to be practiced vs a single data point to check performance.

Falla has demonstrated it in various environments (dsy/night, full CBRNE gear) as a way to compare manipulation data under various constraints.

Its not something to be practiced, it's a way to collect data.
View Quote

It’s also supposed to be shot cold.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the places to look boys. Been on back order for one since December i'm getting restless
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#44]
It's nice to see an older block 2 setup. The su231 with su233 look nice paired together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Its not really a drill,

It's the "Operator Readiness Test" from Redback One/Jason Falla.

Essentially its a check on learning of a lot of handling skills under time constraints. It's not really intended to be a drill to practice anything, it's intended to test your ability to manipulate your weapons quickly and accurately get off those first transition rounds.

Most people see it as a skill to be practiced vs a single data point to check performance.

Falla has demonstrated it in various environments (dsy/night, full CBRNE gear) as a way to compare manipulation data under various constraints.

Its not something to be practiced, it's a way to collect data.
View Quote

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for providing that context!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I ended up just going with the Badger MK12 GB. There were like 14 at the beginning of the week but 2 left today. If anyone is looking, Operational Parts has one left.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#48]
I ended up just going with the Badger MK12 GB. There were like 14 at the beginning of the week but 2 left today. If anyone is looking, Operational Parts has one left.
View Quote
And if Op Parts rums out, midway still has stock. Brownells might also, but I haven't confirmed.

Eta- midway has stock, brownells does not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
https://i.imgur.com/Q92CRYq.jpg
View Quote

The 2 rarest rails there are. Very nice.
Page / 1566
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1447 of 1566)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top