[#1]
I'm inquire about it. They serviced my su230 but it was probably an overrun
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
I'm inquire about it. They serviced my su230 but it was probably an overrun
View Quote

Please do. I'd love to know that they could service it so if I see one for a deal I can pounce instead of letting it go.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Oh damn, he listed more? Sonofa.....

IIRC, there's a repair facility in Indiana. Maybe. Not 100% sure. Could be talking out of my 4th point of contact.
View Quote
It's prob right down the road from me. I'll have to look into that. Never woulda guessed.

Ya, he listed more but at more than double the price you originally saw. But they had intact battery compartments and no broken mag levers.

Edit- do you think the repair facility has anything to do with crane? Maybe located nearby each other?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Please do. I'd love to know that they could service it so if I see one for a deal I can pounce instead of letting it go.
View Quote

I've actually serviced an issued 230 no problem with Armament tech. They installed a new old gen battery compartment for around $250. That didn't include shipping to and from Canada of course.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By robertototototo:

I've actually serviced an issued 230 no problem with Armament tech. They installed a new old gen battery compartment for around $250. That didn't include shipping to and from Canada of course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By robertototototo:

Awesome news. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Was going for a clone of this rifle:

What's not exact: KAC QD mount on stock, M4A1 ambi safety,  Magpul grip, SF bezel cover and no MK18 engraving on magwell.

Pics!

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:14:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#7]
View Quote
Damn that's nice! Good looking m951 too. Even got an m16 lower. It all checks out.  

Anyone know if the m4cqb barrels without fsb's, have holes drilled for the pins? Or are the untouched? Also, would that barrel be correct? I can't remember seeing any factory non fsb 10.3" barrels used. I'll prob get one, cause either way I'd like to put a colt barrel back on my block 2. I'd rather it not have the pin holes going though it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#8]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Damn that's nice! Good looking m951 too. Even got an m16 lower. It all checks out.  

Anyone know if the m4cqb barrels without fsb's, have holes drilled for the pins? Or are the untouched? Also, would that barrel be correct? I can't remember seeing any factory non fsb 10.3" barrels used. I'll prob get one, cause either way I'd like to put a colt barrel back on my block 2. I'd rather it not have the pin holes going though it.
View Quote

The new barrels I've seen straight from Colt do not have the FSB holes drilled.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#9]
That’s good to know. Putting one on back order with brownells.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
MAWL’s
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Surefire mini too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Also left looks like an LMT MRP and right looks like a possible bcm mlok rail
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#14]
^^^And the magpul mbus pro sights!

Eta- can you spot the incorrect part(s)? I've got a black sopmod on the way to replace the painted one I borrowed from another build.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Restarting my mk18 mod 1 project, anyone have a ris II rail for sale?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

No pin holes.

They used to be available about every two years, until last year and this year, making it two years in a row, once a year or every year.

Now that Colt has a new owner, they might be available more often.

I wouldn't be surprised if more show up this year.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

No pin holes.

They used to be available about every two years, until last year and this year, making it two years in a row, once a year or every year.

View All Quotes

No pin holes.

All non FSB Colt barrels that I have bought never had pin holes. Brownells had a bunch of 10.3's sans FSB up until a week or two ago for $247
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#18]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

All non FSB Colt barrels that I have bought never had pin holes. Brownells had a bunch of 10.3's sans FSB up until a week or two ago for $247
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

No pin holes.

Yes, same for mine.

Midway USA had them for $229, but now raised the price to $249 and are out of stock.

They were available last year, after missing a year and they were available this year.

Before that, I only saw them new, every other year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#20]
^^^very nice! That Kac vfg looks good on that block2.

I decided to put the old afg1 back on and also replaced the surefire m93 mount with a no-stop arms #17. I need to find a good offset mount that doesn't cause issues. My front sight interferes with the light when I use the surefire offset.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#21]

I decided to put the old afg1 back on and also replaced the surefire m93 mount with a no-stop arms #17. I need to find a good offset mount that doesn't cause issues. My front sight interferes with the light when I use the surefire offset.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/EE68B87F-6F1B-440F-B717-DD9FE2B41DA8_jpe-1857205.JPG
View Quote

Tried gear sector?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Tried gear sector?
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/EE68B87F-6F1B-440F-B717-DD9FE2B41DA8_jpe-1857205.JPG

Tried gear sector?

Arisaka offset works but it's super close.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Question - DD Mk18 upper price on Brownells has shot up to $900.  I haven’t been around the MK18 game long enough to know...is that outrageous, or back to more “typical” historically?

Might snag another one before Biden goes off...
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Question - DD Mk18 upper price on Brownells has shot up to $900.  I haven’t been around the MK18 game long enough to know...is that outrageous, or back to more “typical” historically?

View Quote

Is that with bcg and fh?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Is that with bcg and fh?
View Quote

No to both.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:

No to both.
View Quote

Would not be worth it to me then
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#27]

Tried gear sector?
View Quote
I do like gear sector. Can't remember if they made a mount for the m620c. It's got the same mounting profile as the millennium lights.

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

Arisaka offset works but it's super close.

https://i.imgur.com/3y387y7.jpg
View Quote
The geometry of the m620 kinda limits my position. I just need the slightest more clearance. I've wondered if the larue offset might give me a little more clearance. I may have to go with a picatinny offset, and mount to that. It's honestly comfortable as is, I was just looking at mounts that could slim down the profile.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Would not be worth it to me then
View Quote

What about at $775?  Might have a buddy who can get me one for that price.  Again only the DD upper, DD 10.3” barrel with MK12 gas block, and DD RIS II rail.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#29]

What about at $775?  Might have a buddy who can get me one for that price.  Again only the DD upper, DD 10.3” barrel with MK12 gas block, and DD RIS II rail.
View Quote

That sounds a little more reasonable.  Especially if you do a rough parts breakdown to build yourself.  $400 for rail, $350 for barrel, gb, gas tube, and then $100+ for a milspec upper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#30]
Originally Posted By THEdtw:

That sounds a little more reasonable.  Especially if you do a rough parts breakdown to build yourself.  $400 for rail, $350 for barrel, gb, gas tube, and then $100+ for a milspec upper.
View Quote

That’s what I was thinking.  Right now, it didn’t seem like I could really build one new for less than $800.

Thanks for the input!

Oh, also, best place for a Wilcox mount for my AimPoint these days?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Where did you find the M16A1 lower???

Sweeet
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

The prices have recently gone up.

A few smaller places with old stock still have last year's prices, but the big sellers seemed to have all updated the pricing.

Some sales going on, but they don't last long.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I think the DD assembled upper usually has a DD pinned gas block, not an MK12 gas block.

Still a decent deal.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#34]

I think the DD assembled upper usually has a DD pinned gas block, not an MK12 gas block.

Still a decent deal.
View Quote

Not the newer ones.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:46:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#35]

Not the newer ones.
View All Quotes

Still a decent deal.

Not the newer ones.

Yeah, they all have the set screwed MK12 GB now and smaller gas port size
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#36]

The prices have recently gone up.

A few smaller places with old stock still have last year's prices, but the big sellers seemed to have all updated the pricing.

Some sales going on, but they don't last long.
View Quote

I didn’t realize anyone else sold the stopped MK18 upper that Brownells sells?  Everything else I see is for the complete upper and is $1200+.

Might just snag this one from my buddy for $775...just in case.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Hmmm GME, DOGE and Bitcoin were good to me. Very good.

What new optics should I waste money on for an Mk18/CQBR and some flavor of HK 416 build?

I've only ever had EOTechs and Vortex Razors.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Yeah, they all have the pinned MK12 GB now and smaller gas port size
View All Quotes

Still a decent deal.

Not the newer ones.

Yeah, they all have the pinned MK12 GB now and smaller gas port size

Not pinned.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By NTXGlocker:

Where did you find the M16A1 lower???

Sweeet
View Quote

Was a PD trade in M16A1 carbine I came across a couple years ago at a c3 dealer.

Has some carry wear but had hardly been shot till I got it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

The lowest that same upper ever was from Brownells, with a 10% off coupon and Active Junky 4-5% cash back, was $620. I think this was prior to Brownells charging sales tax in all states.

That upper only starts things. You will need to swap it to a colt upper immediately since there is the lasered MK18 on the side of the DD upper. Expect another $130 for milsup, to $240 for new in bag colt upper. Oh, and that dust cover.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#41]
How long are eFile Form 1's taking these days?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Sorry, I totally meant set screwed...not pinned

Fixed my post
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

The lowest that same upper ever was from Brownells, with a 10% off coupon and Active Junky 4-5% cash back, was $620. I think this was prior to Brownells charging sales tax in all states.

That upper only starts things. You will need to swap it to a colt upper immediately since there is the lasered MK18 on the side of the DD upper. Expect another $130 for milsup, to $240 for new in bag colt upper. Oh, and that dust cover.
View Quote

That’s about what I got my first one for...I think just a RIS II rail and barrel/GB purchased separately off the EE is going to run me $700ish.

Thanks for the input everyone
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
How long are eFile Form 1's taking these days?
View Quote

My last one for my APC9 took like 24 days a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Went out and sighted in the elcan today. Weird thing is it was having the illumination flicker on and off under recoil. Had to take off the battery cover and bend the metal pieces out a little bit to push a little harder against the battery, much like trijicon RMR gen 1 issues. Worked perfect after that.

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Hmmm GME, DOGE and Bitcoin were good to me. Very good.

What new optics should I waste money on for an Mk18/CQBR and some flavor of HK 416 build?

I've only ever had EOTechs and Vortex Razors.
View Quote
I could use an elcan. I'll provide shipping details in a pm.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Went out and sighted in the elcan today. Weird thing is it was having the illumination flicker on and off under recoil. Had to take off the battery cover and bend the metal pieces out a little bit to push a little harder against the battery, much like trijicon RMR gen 1 issues. Worked perfect after that.
https://i.postimg.cc/tRzFCnnH/078548-F1-B4-CD-43-EE-B7-C9-6-BE554441778.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gjGRHm55/3-CD6-FF65-F510-4-DC5-91-FD-A5-A068-AA8555.jpg

View Quote

I had the same issue with the dot flickering with recoil on my issued Elcan.  It was the battery cover in that case too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
https://i.postimg.cc/tRzFCnnH/078548-F1-B4-CD-43-EE-B7-C9-6-BE554441778.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gjGRHm55/3-CD6-FF65-F510-4-DC5-91-FD-A5-A068-AA8555.jpg

View Quote

Take the battery out and use qtip and alcohol and clean the contacts this has fixed all of mine after this issue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#50]

Yeah, they all have the set screwed MK12 GB now and smaller gas port size
View Quote

I remember they went to a smaller gas port a couple of years ago (late 2018?), but at that time they still had pinned gas blocks.

The set screw gas block ones must be later than the gas port change.

It looks like the new 10.3" barrels are dimpled for set screws, but the new 11.5" barrels still are not.

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1424 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top