Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Loooooooow shelf
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#2]
Originally Posted By chunkyhenry:

Loooooooow shelf
View Quote

Can't fit a sear either way. Fake pin engraving also isn't engraved in the proper spot so it's not "marked for Drilling". I simply followed Troy's foot steps to be safe. I'm really excited the way they turned out. Key word being they.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:05:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By allensaldi:

Can't fit a sear either way. Fake pin engraving also isn't engraved in the proper spot so it's not "marked for Drilling". I simply followed Troy's foot steps to be safe. I'm really excited the way they turned out. Key word being they.

80% lower? Where you getting it anodized?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Hory shet.  I like this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:

View Quote

Same question, if you dont want to post it publicly I would love to know by email or something if you are willing to divulge.

I may have 3 80% Colt M4 lowers that no one wants to anodize.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 100roundclipazine:

Same question, if you dont want to post it publicly I would love to know by email or something if you are willing to divulge.

View All Quotes

Yeah, I’ve got 4 Colt-marked 80% lowers that I will eventually need to have anodized.  2 retro M16A1 style and 2 M4A1 style.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
@allensaldi
Who did the engraving? Any pics? I want a lower with all the markings. Which 80% did you get also?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I use Dave Montana from Hunter rifle works for all my anodizing
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BROK3N-AR:
I use Dave Montana from Hunter rifle works for all my anodizing
View Quote

You think he would anodize Colt engravings?
Colt's lawyers seem to pester everyone
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I know place with an FFL that will anodize colt clone lowers cheap. Had both mine done.

But I don't know anywhere (with an FFL ) that will do anodizing on a lower with a fake 3rd pin hole after the US Anodizing incident with he ATF.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:22:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I know place with an FFL that will anodize colt clone lowers cheap. Had both mine done.

But I don't know anywhere (with an FFL ) that will do anodizing on a lower with a fake 3rd pin hole after the US Anodizing incident with he ATF.
View Quote

You mind messaging me? Mine dont have fake 3rd pin holes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:04:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#12]

View All Quotes

PM sent.
I've sent them full-M16 pocket milled 80 lowers (no third pin hole) and they're still cool with it.

Shipping's going to be a bitch from china.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#13]

PM sent.
I've sent them full-M16 pocket milled 80 lowers (no third pin hole) and they're still cool with it.

Shipping's going to be a bitch from china.
View Quote

You let me worry about that
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:35:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#16]

View Quote

Yes. DM me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
@allensaldi
Who did the engraving? Any pics? I want a lower with all the markings. Which 80% did you get also?
View Quote

I did the engraving. DM me your email. New Frontier.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I do t see why anyone would have an issue anodizing 80’s regardless of what it has on it. They didn’t do the work.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I do t see why anyone would have an issue anodizing 80’s regardless of what it has on it. They didn’t do the work.
View Quote

Colt lawyers and ATF (fake 3d pin) is why.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#20]
View Quote

Because for the time they're doing the work, the completed receiver(s) are on their books. Right or wrong, ATF pitched a fit when they saw fake 3rd pin receivers at US Anodizing and confiscated all of them. Many just don't want the potential for a hassle; easier to just refuse the work.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By krdt:

Because for the time they're doing the work, the completed receiver(s) are on their books. Right or wrong, ATF pitched a fit when they saw fake 3rd pin receivers at US Anodizing and confiscated all of them. Many just don't want the potential for a hassle; easier to just refuse the work.
View Quote

All of this.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#22]
Edit: already been covered!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

This
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally had a chance to shoot with the suppressor.  Unfortunately I had to go to an indoor range since the outdoor range I typically go to is still closed.  Indoors it didn’t really seem quieter, but what was noticeable was that there was no concussion.  The outdoor range is supposed to open soon so hopefully I’ll be able to shoot outdoors soon.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#25]

How do you like the TLR on there? I know it’s not 100% correct but thinking of running a similar setup on my Block2.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Finally had a chance to shoot with the suppressor.  Unfortunately I had to go to an indoor range since the outdoor range I typically go to is still closed.  Indoors it didn’t really seem quieter, but what was noticeable was that there was no concussion.  The outdoor range is supposed to open soon so hopefully I’ll be able to shoot outdoors soon.  
https://i.imgur.com/X3kaFul.jpg
View Quote

You'll appreciate it more when you have a chance to fire it outside.
556 is still loud even with the suppressed 14.5 variants.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

You'll appreciate it more when you have a chance to fire it outside.
556 is still loud even with the suppressed 14.5 variants.
View Quote

Surefire cans (I think) are still much louder than the majority of 556 cans. Shooting the RC next to an AEM5 is night and day difference. Apples to oranges comparison though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]

I did the engraving. DM me your email. New Frontier.
View Quote

I might of emailed you instead of pmed. I was busy and did it fast.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#29]
What side of your rifle is your front CQD Mount on? Why?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I'm surprised you didn't notice a difference even indoors. Still, you should see a sizable difference outdoors as mentioned. I can shoot comfortably without ear pro using the RC, even from inside a vehicle. I wouldn't advise doing it in any sort of volume, but when I'm hunting jackrabbits or coyotes, it doesn't even ring my ears. I couldn't remotely do that unsuppressed, and from inside a vehicle would be murder.

That said, I do prefer the NT4 to the RC without ear pro, but it's mainly about tone rather than loudness; the RC is just higher pitch, and that might give the impression it's "louder" (even if it meters the same or even lower). Try a round or two without ear pro with the RC and you'll appreciate it's doing its job, lol.

View Quote

Left side. Because I'm right-handed; having my sling on the right just wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#31]
ready to boogie...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I’ve heard some of the stories about what lengths the Bois will go to over petty things. It’s just wild an engraved circle gets them so worked up. Because it’s a “pilot” hole to do on their own?. I’m willing to bet the average guy can eyeball it without a guide and get it close enough to work without that engraving. Lol as for colt, I can understand the trademark thing. I’m a colt fan boy. I always stick with their parts but maybe their just mad because most 80% are cleaner looking then the real deal
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:53:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#33]
The autosear hole position relative to pivot pin hole sets the timing of the weapon and the drawing calls out a linear tolerance of +/-0.0035 for the autosear from the pivot hole. That’s the width of 2-3 human hairs... Hope your eyeballing is exceptional. LOL. If not, you’ll be bubbaing the autosear to get it running.

Not only that, but there’s more to an AR15-cut receiver to get it to accept an M16/M4 LPK than just drilling the 3rd hole. The internal pocket shapes are different altogether - you’d need a mill to bring the AR15 pockets to M16 spec anyways. If you could do that, you wouldn’t have to “eyeball” the 3rd hole anyways... you’d just use your mill.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m willing to bet the average guy can eyeball it without a guide and get it close enough to work without that engraving.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#35]

I'm surprised you didn't notice a difference even indoors. Still, you should see a sizable difference outdoors as mentioned. I can shoot comfortably without ear pro using the RC, even from inside a vehicle. I wouldn't advise doing it in any sort of volume, but when I'm hunting jackrabbits or coyotes, it doesn't even ring my ears. I couldn't remotely do that unsuppressed, and from inside a vehicle would be murder.

That said, I do prefer the NT4 to the RC without ear pro, but it's mainly about tone rather than loudness; the RC is just higher pitch, and that might give the impression it's "louder" (even if it meters the same or even lower). Try a round or two without ear pro with the RC and you'll appreciate it's doing its job, lol.

Left side. Because I'm right-handed; having my sling on the right just wouldn't work.
View All Quotes

It was probably because the indoor range was pretty small.  The echo of the supersonic crack was pretty loud and seemed to overshadow any noise reduction.  Like I said before, the lack of concussion  was the big improvement.  Shooting any 5.56 rifle indoors, especially an SBR, would rattle my head pretty good.  With the suppressor that was completely gone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#36]
The autosear hole position relative to pivot pin hole sets the timing of the weapon and the drawing calls out a linear tolerance of +/-0.0035 for the autosear from the pivot hole. That’s the width of 2-3 human hairs... Hope your eyeballing is exceptional. LOL. If not, you’ll be bubbaing the autosear to get it running.

Not only that, but there’s more to an AR15-cut receiver to get it to accept an M16/M4 LPK than just drilling the 3rd hole. The internal pocket shapes are different altogether - you’d need a mill to bring the AR15 pockets to M16 spec anyways. If you could do that, you wouldn’t have to “eyeball” the 3rd hole anyways... you’d just use your mill.
View Quote

A good buddy is a sot. I’ve watched him work a few times. He just punches the info into him mill. He also has a back up “jig” Incase things don’t work.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#39]
You should have had tips touch...
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Braved the heatstroke level heat the other day to give the CQBRs a workout. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor riots in the street stays these CQBRs from swiftly pew-pewing their appointed rounds :D.

Also ordered up a new type of powder to try (SMP-842: same powder used in M855A1). Gonna load up a development ladder and see how it compares to WC844.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

My carry ammo loaded in following mags
30 rd Tan/Blue follower and FDE PMags get M855A1
20 rd USGI get Mk318
30 rd USGI Grey get Mk262
30 rd USGI Grey with Black electrical tape gets M995

CD

View Quote
Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have nobody to blame except for the Weapon Outfitters Instagram telling me the rails were back in stock
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeputySteel] [#43]
Coming soon boys!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Looks awesome.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Just to check you can see the image? For some reason its saying "image unavailable" on my end
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DeputySteel:
Just to check you can see the image? For some reason its saying "image unavailable" on my end
View Quote

Pic is borked.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Pic is borked.
View Quote

Thanks. I've been trying to get it up
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DeputySteel:

Thanks. I've been trying to get it up
View Quote

Whoah. TMI.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Whoah. TMI.  
View Quote

Don't worry I finally got it up
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Whoah. TMI.  
View Quote

Don't worry I finally got it up
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1351 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top