Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1012 of 1566)
Page / 1566
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Cover the whole pistol this time. Outlandish is your new M.O.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Holy grippy ass pistol Batman. If I made holsters I’d totally make you an OTWB rig for that setup
Yeah I got a bit carried away with the grip tape. I need to re-do them though, thing has been handled so much that they're starting to becomes smooth.

It actually puts the switch in the perfect position to actuate with your off hand thumb.
Cover the whole pistol this time. Outlandish is your new M.O.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
For some reason I pictured you being older than 34
Prob your love for old parts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

you jumped on that quick

nice snag
I really shouldn't have, but I'm a sucker for earlier 2000's. Plus it's an ris. I Don't have one of those. I'll sell off an ras to make up for it. I was a senior in high school about to graduate at that date, 4-11-02.
Yup, I'm from the '80s. The 90's had more influence on me but I remember the 80s. Not sure what draws me to the earlier clones. I like classic cars and play In a rock band, maybe it's just nostalgia. I'm one of the few, if not only, that doesn't want to see Geissele end up on cqbr's. Even if outdated, I love the quad rail! Although if it does, the the dd ris ii would be the classic version, so either way I guess. I just don't think I'd own one of newer ones if they come out. Nothin against Geissele. I had a mk4 and loved it, just not on a mk18 for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Attaching a bunch of flashlights is all well and good... but the manliest men operate operationally by candle light :D.

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol. I think some of my lights are from when they used to measure in candle power.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife just told me to buy an NT4......I think I am gonna fo
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
My wife just told me to buy an NT4......I think I am gonna fo
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
FYI for anyone still looking for a SF 556-RC, Red's Trading Post in Twin Falls, ID has one. They're asking $1250 and it's the same one I've been seeing on their display case since Feb '14. I tried to get them to budge on price but they weren't having it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#8]
Yup, I'm from the '80s. The 90's had more influence on me but I remember the 80s. Not sure what draws me to the earlier clones. I like classic cars and play In a rock band, maybe it's just nostalgia. I'm one of the few, if not only, that doesn't want to see Geissele end up on cqbr's. Even if outdated, I love the quad rail! Although if it does, the the dd ris ii would be the classic version, so either way I guess. I just don't think I'd own one of newer ones if they come out. Nothin against Geissele. I had a mk4 and loved it, just not on a mk18 for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

you jumped on that quick

nice snag
I really shouldn't have, but I'm a sucker for earlier 2000's. Plus it's an ris. I Don't have one of those. I'll sell off an ras to make up for it. I was a senior in high school about to graduate at that date, 4-11-02.
I was alive for 9 months of the 80s. How you like me now!
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Will816:
FYI for anyone still looking for a SF 556-RC, Red's Trading Post in Twin Falls, ID has one. They're asking $1250 and it's the same one I've been seeing on their display case since Feb '14. I tried to get them to budge on price but they weren't having it.
View Quote
Should have nabbed one of those RC's on sale from AU.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

View Quote
You and me both. At least I grabbed a 212 for the 416s.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Rub it in why don't ya.

Originally Posted By vanquishings:

You and me both. At least I grabbed a 212 for the 416s.
View Quote
Well at this going price rate for the RC's might as well nab a NT4. KAC masterrace anyways.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
So in other news, I visited Haley Strategic Partners in Scottsdale today because I wanted to pick up a set of their TH1RTE3N sights for my Glock 17 Gen 3 - which they installed at no charge BTW. Their showroom is awesome. There are two racks of fully decked out SBRs and rifles to pick up and fiddle with 'til your heart's content. There was even an MP5 clone. Most everything had laser/aiming devices, lights, optics, and a few had cans, and two had M203 type under barrel grenade launchers. There were at least three FDE RIS II rails - two on CQBR-ish clones and another on an M4 SOPMOD Block II-ish clone. Then they had a Mk18 just sitting in a vise in the gunsmith area. Also got to look through an Elcan Spectre for the first time. Super cool. My favorite part was cocking the grenade launchers (remember: extracting and cocking occur at the same time. As the grenadier opens the barrel assembly...never mind) and pulling the trigger. Because GIJoe. Talk about playing with something you only could dream of. The one in the pic is an LMT LMP somethin' or other. And KAC corn cob. Good grief, that place was awesome. "Hello Travis, can I come hang out with your guns next week? How does Tues from 2-4 pm sound?"

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/977/41707564092_f26f85975e.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/957/40849469355_e8171bba3f.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/911/41748763071_7e5a74e265.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/962/41030619934_9ecc0412be.jpg
View Quote
FYI a large portion of those guns are airsoft.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbgonoles] [#14]
My humble Mk18 Mod 0 submission. Another long project finished. Got my stamp two weeks ago and my cut down Colt M4 barrel back from ADCO Friday. Brownells A1 lower. Colt M4 upper with Colt BCG and PRI CH. NT4 is next. Still debating the optic. I have a Wilcox mount. Need a Comp M2. Something in me wants a TA01NSN for this shorty.

Cheers!

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
My humble Mk18 Mod 0 submission. Another long project finished. Got my stamp two weeks ago and my cut down Colt M4 barrel back from ADCO Friday. Brownells A1 lower. Colt M4 upper with Colt BCG and PRI CH. NT4 is next. Still debating the optic. I have a Wilcox mount. Need a Comp M2. Something in me wants a TA01NSN for this shorty.

Cheers!

https://s14.postimg.cc/u322gfi3l/3_E32_BBAC-9642-4_D4_F-_B68_A-1_C73_B72166_AC.jpg

https://s14.postimg.cc/47ibx88k1/EDB193_E4-_E446-4549-903_B-5_AB38_E2_DAEF4.jpg
View Quote
Looks awesome to me!
M2 or irons IMHO. Nothing else looks right on the Mod 0.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AZJBT:

FYI a large portion of those guns are airsoft.
View Quote
Hmmm, I only picked up and tinkered with about half of them, but they all seemed fully legit and authentic to me. Even some of those rifles show up in pics and videos on their IG feed and there's no indication that they aren't real. Nothing about airsoft in the comments of any of those pics either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Cqbr upper on the way... stamps en route soon...
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Hmmm, I only picked up and tinkered with about half of them, but they all seemed fully legit and authentic to me. Even some of those rifles show up in pics and videos on their IG feed and there's no indication that they aren't real. Nothing about airsoft in the comments of any of those pics either.
View Quote
I was disappointed too when I first found out. The one I remember off the top of my head was the MK16 and one of the 203s. The M110K1 is absolutely real though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Your new stock sticks out like a sore thumb.  LOL.  Just teasing you.  Nice gun.   Not sure about the sling.  I feel like I see a plethora of sling types in GI pics.
View Quote
Really? Huh.

Attachment Attached File

Better?

Red pilled out of my mind, just fyi.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I think these are my favorite Mk18 pics.  I actually find the CQBR more pleasing to me though.....  For no other reason than looks......

https://i.imgur.com/AQOcJCF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/asI6OF9.jpg
View Quote
Even as someone who has an astigmatism in both eyes (apparently anyway, as all red dots and holos show up as blurry stars), I find it incredible someone going to war would prefer iron sights over a red dot. I'm sure there are legit reasons, I just personally don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#21]
I mean, aside from the obvious holster problems, that would be tight as fuck if you had it on the other side.

Originally Posted By krdt:
Attaching a bunch of flashlights is all well and good... but the manliest men operate operationally by candle light :D.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Candle.jpg
And what do you think this is?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:
I mean, aside from the obvious holster problems, that would be tight as fuck if you had it on the other side.
View All Quotes
Had thought the same thing. The offset doesn't work for being on that side though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Haha, true. It's a battery powered candle ;p.

Then again, I remember when the 65 lumen 6P came out, and at the time it seemed like the white hot blaze of 10,000 suns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#24]
My wife just told me to buy an NT4......I think I am gonna
View Quote
Stfu! Do it now! Before a huge list of contingencies pops up!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Young whipper-snapper! Cherish the rest of your twenties!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

I can't. There's only 11 months of it left and I can't do shit.

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Lookin nice! ^^^
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:37:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone got some pics of the Mod 1 with a variable scope?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Found some old Troy rail covers I forgot about and decided to do "arts and crafts".  Tossed them on one of the CQBR's.  Also, poop brown stock FTW!

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:20:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dingus_actual] [#30]
Stupid file size limit ruining my pics. Sigh. Carolina Laser Works label came in so I had to post obviously.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
View Quote
I will
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By nate_the_great:
Stupid file size limit ruining my pics. Sigh. Carolina Laser Works label came in so I had to post obviously.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/381888/08AD96D3-EFB5-43F3-B8A8-530DA57A4E23-530081.JPG
View Quote
What pistol brace is that?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
All I got......

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/381888/08AD96D3-EFB5-43F3-B8A8-530DA57A4E23-530081.JPG
View Quote
Nice! #T1MasterRace
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#35]

Even as someone who has an astigmatism in both eyes (apparently anyway, as all red dots and holos show up as blurry stars), I find it incredible someone going to war would prefer iron sights over a red dot. I'm sure there are legit reasons, I just personally don't get it.
View Quote
If you're saying that for an argument, I'm not going to argue with you.  RDS are superior.  You win.

If you want a perspective of someone who has seen some combat and seems to know what he's talking about, listen to Paul Howe about it:

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/published/training_bullets/IronsandOptics2016-csat_bg.pdf

If you want my opinion, irons are more intuitive and simple to me, as compared to an RDS.  I sometimes struggle with seeing the dot double.  I have to sometimes squint my left eye almost to a close to clear that up.  (Which takes away the whole you can open both your eyes with an RDS upside)  I don't like the extra housing in my sight picture.  And for me, if it's a home defense gun, the ghostring with a light is just as fast as an RDS.  Without the housing of an RDS in the way.  And if you know what you're doing, irons can be just as accurate as an RDS.    Now, as you say, my eyeballs aint what they used to be either and a carbine sight radius is blurry as heck for me.  Although I can still shoot just fine at 0-50 yards with them.  It starts to get wonky once I shoot at 100 with blurry irons.  Using a 6 oclock hold has aided in that.  But having said that, shooting a scope at 100 yards is easier.  I don't call shooting an RDS at 100 any easier.   Just my opinion.

Everything has it's upsides.  I think the best solution is a LPV 1-4, 1-6, whatever, if only they didn't weigh as much as they do.

The best solution for me is a rifle sight radius, if I'm planning on shooting past 60-70 yards or so.

But with the ghostring, I can shoot as fast as any other set up at close distance.  As fast as I can mount the gun and bring the irons to my face.

The place where RDS shine I think is when you get into funky positions and possibly moving a lot. And maybe lower light if you don't want to use a light.  Although I would think you're going to ID your target with a light redgardless.

Like I say, everything has it's upsides and I have no doubt an RDS is a better tool for going to war for most people.  But of those two pics I posted, it's called, they know what they're f'ing doing.    On top of that, if they're using NV lasers, do they really even need an optic for dark?  I don't know a lot about NV but I don't see why you'd have a laser AND a NV RDS....    Maybe someone could set me straight on that.

For me, shooting the irons is fun.  It works, it makes the gun light
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:45:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#36]

https://i.imgur.com/Paj9ac1.jpg
View Quote
Still doing things I started at 18, decades later.  

Home this time to see my first grandchild born (#4)!.  Course wasn't home for my two boys either

CD
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

CD
View All Quotes

CD
If only I was smart enough to pull out, I would probably be at the range right now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow, form 1s approved and cqbr upper in the mail, c'mon cans....
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Curious why they/he dont use a different mount to get that scope fwd.....like a LT104 or something.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sanman28:

Curious why they/he dont use a different mount to get that scope fwd.....like a LT104 or something.
View Quote
Maybe because they/he didn't/don't have issues with eye relief?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Do they have super long eye relief or something? Usually you'd want a scope as rearward as possible. At least with the ACOG and Elcan
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Probably riding the stock with his cheek, the nf has quite a bit more eye relief than an elcan
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Probably riding the stock with his cheek, the nf has quite a bit more eye relief than an elcan
View Quote
How long we talkin? Like 3" or like 13"?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
SB SOB Brace, best one I’ve used thus far.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Its the next best looking one I've seen besides the shockwave and the PDW braces. I kind of want one to replace my shockwave

Looks pretty damn good
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
I need to order one of those...  I want a few for my MK12's also but I don't think they ever actually used them on MK12's so I guess I will just order two for the MK18's.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#48]

How long we talkin? Like 3" or like 13"?
View Quote
There’s a joke in there somewhere....
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#49]
If only I was smart enough to pull out, I would probably be at the range right now.
View All Quotes

CD
Gotta have trigger discipline. 20 yrs of fun , 1 scare , 0 kids!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#50]
The quintessential "mini-recce".  

@Combat_Diver    Congrats on Grandchild #4!!!!!!!!
Page / 1566
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1012 of 1566)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top