Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 12:09:12 PM EDT
Working with a MFT lower and 9mm Ghost upper.
Everything working great but OEM trigger is very heavy.

Replaced with Larue single stage trigger.
Works great but now significant trigger slap which was not present with the OEM trigger.

Anyone experience this after replacing the trigger?
If so, what trigger replacement (single stage) have you used to avoid any trigger slap.

If need be I may just resort back to the OEM and place the LaRue on another AR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
This one here! It's a little expensive for some but it's a great trigger!

https://www.cmctriggers.com/cmc-ar-15-ar-10-single-stage-drop-in-3-5lb-9mm-pcc-trigger/
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.cmctriggers.com/cmc-ar-15-ar-10-single-stage-drop-in-3-5lb-9mm-pcc-trigger/
View Quote
This one keeps appearing in my searches but there were no actual feedback from someone who used it.
Did you have trigger slap before or after?
If you had it before, did this help resolve it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My PCC w/ PSA Glock mag lower has a PSA EPT trigger group w/ a Kaw Valley "Low trigger pull spring kit" in it.  Nice general purpose trigger and dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
My first PCC was a Stag left hand (yeah, I'm a lefty) and I've done some mods to it to make it better.

The FIRST thing I did was replace the trigger because the trigger slap was so BAD I couldn't hardly shoot the gun more than 30 times without it feeling like someone was hitting my trigger finger with a piece of one inch dowel. Let my buddy shoot it and after five shots handled it back and said his fun meter was pegged.

Had questions about changing the trigger and on a whim called CMC. Talked to the owner of the company and he probably spent over half an hour answering ALL KINDS of PCC related questions and not just trigger stuff. He's a super guy to talk to and helped me a lot.

Anyway, I ordered his PCC 9mm trigger and to say there is a difference is a serious understatement as there is ZERO trigger slap now and I mean zero.

I built my second PCC rifle with the FM Glock lower and one decision made at the start of the project was I'd be using a CMC trigger. I wanted to go a bit lighter than 3.5 lb pull so I called CMC again and he put together the same trigger with a 2.5 lb trigger pull. Didn't charge any more for the trigger, it feels awesome and is 100% reliable.

Can't say enough good about the trigger, the company and the owner.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My PCC w/ PSA Glock mag lower has a PSA EPT trigger group w/ a Kaw Valley "Low trigger pull spring kit" in it.  Nice general purpose trigger and dirt cheap.
View Quote
I have that trigger in my AR-9 "pistol" using Endomags and after my 5 minute "trigger job" it has a decent pull, albeit with a bit of creep common to mil-specish triggers.  Smooth tho.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm running that trigger in a FM glock lower with a guntec upper and FM BCG

Even with my Ballistic Advantage barrel, no feed lips, that rig runs buttery smooth with LRBHO too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you mean a Foxtrot Mike lower?  I have one that I'm running an ALG ACT trigger in.  Single stage, NiB coated and crisp break.  Hard to beat for $70 regular price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you mean a Foxtrot Mike lower?  I have one that I'm running an ALG ACT trigger in.  Single stage, NiB coated and crisp break.  Hard to beat for $70 regular price.
View Quote
Ha, yeah. Got it backward.
So, no trigger slap with this item?
About 1/2 the price of the other.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I see Foxtrot Mike has a 9mm match grade trigger for about $75.
Although 2 stage instead of 1, the price is hard to pass up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ha, yeah. Got it backward.
So, no trigger slap with this item?
About 1/2 the price of the other.
View Quote
No slap at all.  It's really hard to beat for the price and will stand up to a PCC.  Blowbacks are a different kind of animal and a lot of the higher end triggers either do what you're experiencing or they break after a few hundred rounds.  They're made for gas operated guns which don't impart anywhere near the forces as blowback guns.  ALG is a sister company of Geissele and is actually owned by Bill Geissele's wife.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like the Velocity triggers i have used for single stage
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top