Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 9:15:38 AM EDT
Slowly accumulating parts that for a 6 mm ARC build and it will be what I consider to be a mid-range price build. I am leaning towards a 20" barrel, with intentions of adding a suppressor probably a year or two down the road when my job steps up. I'm newer to the AR world, but with my research of decent mid range barrel manufacturers I am considering a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage. Maybe a Criterion if I feel like spending a little more.

I know the 6 ARC is a newer round, but curious if anyone has put any rounds through these barrels with one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my BA premium barrel shoots like a charm. I had a BA Hanson barrel that shot okay.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two Faxon barrels and couldn’t be happier. I have a third on order as well.

I also have two White Oak Armament barrels and had a third I sold. They’re top tier, great barrels, but it takes a micrometer, a bench and bags on a windless day to discern any difference in precision, at least with me shooting.

Also, I shoot suppressed... 20” plus a suppressor isn’t an appealing combo. In fact, of the half dozen uppers I have, only one is 16”, the rest are shorter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The barrel is the heart of a rifle. Get the Criterion if that’s what you want.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you plan to do with the gun?  Use case or cases dictate how I outfit a gun.  What JPK wrote about a 20" tube and a suppressor being a bad combination is absolutely true if you want a handy, maneuverable gun that's easy to get in and out of a vehicle, for example.  However, my long range cannon is a 6.5 Creedmoor gasser with a 24" barrel that I always shoot suppressed.  It's a huge gun with the can, but for shooting from the bench or prone the length of the gun isn't a problem.  

Buying as much barrel as one can afford is never a bad idea unless you want just a bullet hose.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you plan to do with the gun?  Use case or cases dictate how I outfit a gun.  What JPK wrote about a 20" tube and a suppressor being a bad combination is absolutely true if you want a handy, maneuverable gun that's easy to get in and out of a vehicle, for example.  However, my long range cannon is a 6.5 Creedmoor gasser with a 24" barrel that I always shoot suppressed.  It's a huge gun with the can, but for shooting from the bench or prone the length of the gun isn't a problem.  

Buying as much barrel as one can afford is never a bad idea unless you want just a bullet hose.
View Quote

Yeah I should have specified on my use. I will most likely use it for coyote hunting and deer. I'd like to do some range shooting at farther distances for enjoyment, but I realize that with my budget on barrels that may not be super feasible right now.

A lot of my guns ride in the truck, so I should probably try to limit the length I suppose. Maybe I'll look into an 18" to save a little length.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top