BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2022 8:36:00 PM EDT
Maybe this fall under maintenance.

I'm looking to wall mount my few AR's.

While cruising thru Amazon I found several outfits that offer a wall mounted  "mount" that holds a AR via its magazine well.

Seems pretty simple.  The "mounts' are some type of plastic. Some offer cable locks.

Some are a bit hard to remove from the "mount".

Regardless, has anyone tried these types of wall mounts?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't, though I store my guns that aren't in the safe loaded, so have never found a use for one of those. I use 2 roller broom holders to grab the barrel and receiver extension so I can yank it off the wall in less than a second.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s not the style you are talking about but this is a nice wall racks for multiple rifles.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDKMCYG?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not the style you are talking about but this is a nice wall racks for multiple rifles.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDKMCYG?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

I just hung one of those for a few that don’t fit in the safe. Didn’t separate the top and bottom pieces enough, so I have one fixed-stock rifle with a scope that won’t fit with the trigger guard facing out.  Looks a little funny with the scope facing out, but holds just fine.  I thought the rack was a pretty good deal for the price.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an ARmA15 mount for one rifle that doesn't go in the safe. It's pretty secure when bolted to a stud. I use a commercial grade Masterlock and keep the key in a pistol lock box.

My opinion is it is not great for fast access. The Masterlock 1500ID that is recommended by ARmA15 is not reliable. Mine took a dump after about a year of frequent use so I switched to a keylock. I take my rifle out of it several times a week and it works well for storing it securely but easier than digging through the safe.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
in for responses.

all my rifles have mlok slots, wondering if anyone's used the hooks that engage the mlok slots on the handguard?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a decently-sized safe room which is also used for weapons / related items storage. On one wall I have a couple of ARs stored using simple J-hooks. Not even mounted into studs. Simple metal anchors with wings which pull against the inside of the sheetrock. Very strong. Believe the hooks are lightly felt-padded. I just sized location to each gun regarding mounting to wall.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Check these out…. https://www.saviorequipment.com/collections/firearm-storage
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top