Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2020 12:44:38 PM EDT
I can't find any comparisons online, so I thought I would check to see what everybody's thoughts were on this? Looking for some input as I'm looking at buying preassembled AR pistol. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Mcx virtus in 6.75 is the right answer

Prob won't find a comparison as they both aren't really at the top of the list. I'd get a...

Kac e3 mod 2
Noveske n4pdw
Honey badger
Lmt pdw
Already mentioned mcx virtus/rattler.

If its $ keeping you from it, look at it this way. A lifetime purchase, you may not get the chance to get if biden gets his awb. Difference is what 500? Willing to bet your life on?

Hey those all work on my wife atlest....

In all honestly they'd all probably go bang every time. But meh. Buy once
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can't find any comparisons online, so I thought I would check to see what everybody's thoughts were on this? Looking for some input as I'm looking at buying preassembled AR pistol. Thanks.
View Quote

I'm sure the DD PDW is an excellent weapon and I've been very happy so far, with my 5.56 Maxim PDX. Own a Colt Commando (11.5" barrel) and an A2 PDW I put together, with 6.5" 300BO barrel & Law folder.
All three are a blast (literally) to shoot but the PDX is by far my favorite.

Hard to go wrong with either the Daniel Defense PDW or Maxim PDX, just whichever one you like the best.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Yeah, money really isn't a factor. I just don't like the foldable stock on the Rattler myself. I just know there were some initial issues with the Maxim PDW, so I wasn't sure if they still existed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm sure the DD PDW is an excellent weapon and I've been very happy so far, with my 5.56 Maxim PDX. Own a Colt Commando (11.5" barrel) and an A2 PDW I put together, with 6.5" 300BO barrel & Law folder.
All three are a blast (literally) to shoot but the PDX is by far my favorite.

Hard to go wrong with either the Daniel Defense PDW or Maxim PDX, just whichever one you like the best.
View Quote
How is the accuracy and muzzle blast of the 5.5 inch 556 vs the 300 blk? I am debating between which caliber to get the pdx in. I currently own 3 guns in 300 blk and 3 in 556.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How is the accuracy and muzzle blast of the 5.5 inch 556 vs the 300 blk? I am debating between which caliber to get the pdx in. I currently own 3 guns in 300 blk and 3 in 556.
View Quote

Both my PDX in 5.56 and A2 in 300bkt both have Maxim Hatebrakes. Muzzle blast on the shorter 5.56 is worse than the longer barreled 300bkt, as would be expected. Flash suppression is very good, on both calibers.
Although I have no personal experience with a PDX in 300bkt, I have heard a few people have had some issues, with its gas block.

Both shoot small groups at my 25yd indoor range but I haven't shot either pistol, at longer distances yet, due to this stupid covid BS.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you can locate one, go check out Q's Honey Badger. Some people have mixed reviews of the pistol, but mine is an absolute blast to shoot. Not to mention its one of the most unique arrangements of raw metal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]
@HowdyDoody1

I just got a DD PDW today. I love it!
I haven't been able to take it out to test it though.
The build quality is impeccable. The finish is great. The upper and lower is super tight. I can barely push the pins out with my hands, that's how tight it is. The Maxim brace is pretty solid and it slides and locks very firmly.
The stock MilSpec trigger was very decent, I switched to a LaRue MBT I had laying around and it feels mushy.
Going to get a Geissele SD-C as I have it on all my DDs and it is very crisp.
Other than that, that's it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a HB pistol and it has been nothing but awesome, 4k ish rounds through it and no hiccups, anyone who shoots it gets fixed on it. I like a shorty BCM too, I have an 11.5 with the MK2 upper and they really did it right, I run with an AAC silencer and what they've done to tame the gas is great.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:04:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@HowdyDoody1

The build quality is impeccable. The finish is great. The upper and lower is super tight. I can barely push the pins out with my hands, that's how tight it is. The Maxim brace is pretty solid and it slides and locks very firmly.
The stock MilSpec trigger was very decent, I switched to a LaRue MBT I had laying around and it feels mushy.
View Quote

Is this what you have?  https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html  Those look like really nice pistols. Please post some photos of it, when you can.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is this what you have?  https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html  Those look like really nice pistols. Please post some photos of it, when you can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@HowdyDoody1

@Clint50

Yes that's what I got. It really is nice. All DD rifles are of very good quality.
Ordered an EoTech XPS2-300 dual dot for it and am planning on getting a Dead Air Nomad-L can for it. Will post pics when I have the EoTech. Next time you see it at a store, ask to pick it up and you will see what I mean.

MrGunsnGear did a review of it.
New Daniel Defense 300BLK PDW: The Ultimate Backpack Gun!

Another review from Colion Noir
Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW - First Mag Review
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My DDM4 PDW has performed flawlessly with subs, supers, suppressed, and unsuppressed using a variety of Hornady and Fiocchi.   I zeroed (at 50yds) with the lighter spring that comes installed, worked both for subs/supers, then put in the included heavier spring for shooting suppressed.  Runs as you would expect any DD product to run.  I've yet to try subs unsuppressed with the heavier spring, but that's not really something I need or care about.  If I'm shooting subs, it would be suppressed.

It fits nicely in a GoRuck GR1 backpack without the can, but I generally tote it around in a tennis racquet bag with suppressor.   Since this photo, I've moved to all Lancer mags, which have also been 100% through a couple hundred rounds.  If I had more 300blk plinking ammo, I'd shoot this almost exclusively.  

It's turned out to be a great purchase, and frankly, is more useful to me as a civilian than any other rifle caliber firearm I own.  If you value having rifle ballistics out to useable distances in a compact, backpack portable package outside the home, then you can't go wrong with 300blk and the DDM4 PDW.  DD has a well established reputation at this point, and is top shelf IMO/IME.  I think Maxim has quite a ways to go before their complete guns can be compared to DD.  

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top