Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2021 4:08:09 PM EDT
I'm not referring to when the screw breaks from over tightening, or when the post won't stay in the down position.  I'm curious as to raw rugged durability for the use of the Matech as a primary sight if dropped, abused, etc.  Just how durable are these sights for primary use?  Any experiences of the rear sight post snapping off, breaking, or otherwise not retaining zero?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
12 months in Iraq, never seen it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
wish there was some way to have a double aperture like the KAC, maybe with a fine peep insert.

I like the Matech, but worry that the small diameter of the rear aperture would be tough to use in lower light.

Never seen one bent, You already seem to know about the two biggest knocks - sheering off the retention screw & the "nub" wearing and the sight not wanting to stay "down".
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Current U.S. Army standard-issue backup rear sight for M4 carbines and M16A4 rifles flips up instantly at the touch of your thumb when primary sight fails or tactical situation makes iron sights preferable. Designed in conjunction with Picatinny Arsenal engineering staff and rigorously tested at Fort Benning and Aberdeen Proving Ground for robustness, ease of use, and effective targeting out to 600 meters.

Love to see the test report....
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wish there was some way to have a double aperture like the KAC, maybe with a fine peep insert.

I like the Matech, but worry that the small diameter of the rear aperture would be tough to use in lower light.

Never seen one bent, You already seem to know about the two biggest knocks - sheering off the retention screw & the "nub" wearing and the sight not wanting to stay "down"
View Quote
Seems like it would be too easy to lose an aperture insert like the 300m sight.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
They suck I would much rather have an MBUS
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They suck I would much rather have an MBUS
View Quote

Why do they suck?  Not a fan of the non pro mbuis.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#7]
My issued rifles had them and zero issues. I wasn't kicking in doors,  but I was jumping with them and using them at the range. I also have a bunch of them on my personal rifles. I like how if they fail, they fail in the up position. I habe one with a worn nub I need to mess with.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top