User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a lot of ranger plates for my USGI stash, but I'd like to have some of these as well. Anyone know when they are supposed to be back in stock again?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a lot of ranger plates for my USGI stash, but I'd like to have some of these as well. Anyone know when they are supposed to be back in stock again?
View Quote

Just scrounge around, a good number of places still seem to have black plates in stock
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some but now I'll need to stock up on them. Just in case.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered black from primary arms. I’ve been wanting some for awhile but never have ordered them, now is as good of a time as any
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

YOU are a terrible influence!

I just bought 4 packs each of OD and black.

ETA: I was given a refund, out of stock
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, the venerable Buffer Technologies MagCinch! I have a couple of those that I bought about 15 years ago but have never used.

Edit: You guys are a terrible influence. I just panic bought a dozen (four 3-packs) OD green L-plates from Lohman Arms in TN. The good price ($13.49 per pack) offset the ridiculous $16.95 flat rate shipping, so I basically paid MSRP for them. I always wanted to try them but just never got around to it, so I figured I better get a few while I can.

I was going to order them from Optics Planet, but they went from "7 available" yesterday to "Estimated to ship within 10-19 days" and a dollar price increase today, which I took to mean they are actually sold out but don't know it yet.

YOU are a terrible influence!

I just bought 4 packs each of OD and black.

ETA: I was given a refund, out of stock

I placed my order with Lohman Arms on May 23 and got a confirmation email, they charged my card on May 25, and I still haven't heard or seen anything from them. I just sent them an email asking about the status. If I don't hear back from them by next week, I'm going to dispute the charge. You may have been better off having your order cancelled.

Edit: Lohman Arms just called me and said that the ODG plates I ordered at backordered, and they don't know when they'll come in (which is probably never, since they've been discontinued). Obviously they didn't have them in stock despite what their website said. They cancelled the order for me, and I received my refund within minutes of the phone call.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I know about the L-plates causing you to lose one round on the 20 round mags. But do they still cause you to lose one round on the 30 round mags. I have some old USGI mags i need to refresh and i was thinking of adding them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, both the Ranger plate and L plate sacrifice one round in a 30-round magazine (they use the same internal locking plate).
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, both the Ranger plate and L plate sacrifice one round in a 30-round magazine (they use the same internal locking plate).
View Quote

This is incorrect.  Everyone of my aluminum magazines hold 30 rounds fine with both L-Plate and  Ranger Plate. Okay, Adventure Line, Sanchez, D&H, Brownells.......
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is incorrect.  Everyone of my aluminum magazines hold 30 rounds fine with both L-Plate and  Ranger Plate. Okay, Adventure Line, Sanchez, D&H, Brownells.......
View Quote

I believe you, and just like some people are able to squeeze 31 rounds into some unmodified GI mags, I'm sure that it works after the magazines are broken in or with considerable pressure, which will undoubtedly leave no room for any compression of the spring when inserting a magazine on a closed bolt. However, Magpul is the origin of the caveat that you can only be guaranteed to load 29 rounds in the magazine after installing their plates, so it's wise for new users to be aware of that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Magpul is showing the Ranger L floor plates back in stock!

It does appear that they are going to be available in Black ONLY from now on.
View Quote

Woohoo! Hopefully this post had something to do with it haha (doubt it)
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I believe you, and just like some people are able to squeeze 31 rounds into some unmodified GI mags, I'm sure that it works after the magazines are broken in or with considerable pressure, which will undoubtedly leave no room for any compression of the spring when inserting a magazine on a closed bolt. However, Magpul is the origin of the caveat that you can only be guaranteed to load 29 rounds in the magazine after installing their plates, so it's wise for new users to be aware of that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah out of the 50 plus usgi mags with ranger plates/L plates I've never had a problem loading to capacity.  I've also never seen anything from magpul about loading to 29rds.  I do not see what would cause that, the insert plate does not stick up any further than a standard floorplate.

ETA: quick search shows some people complaining about only gettin 29 rds, but all the threads are 10+ years old.  Maybe they changed something since?  All mine are no more than 7 years old.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I can load a full 30 in mine, but it’s a serious pain in the ass to get the mag to lock in on a closed bolt. Chuck Pressburg has a youtube vid on various magazine brands and 29 vs 30 that’s very informative. I just chose to download the 1 round since it’s not a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top