Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2022 6:20:46 PM EDT
I’ve seen a picture of a 20 round GI mag with the Ranger Plates before and my OKAY industries 20 round mags all have a tab on the bottom unlike the 30 round mags. Is there a 20 round GI mag that the Ranger Plates work with? Stupid off the wall question but figured someone here would know.

20 round plate
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure THESE will work as they are not like the std USGI 20s.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually had a pack of 10 in my cart thinking they would work also, I read somewhere on here that they are built like standard 30s. I’ll report back when my order comes in. Thanks for the help man!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I actually had a pack of 10 in my cart thinking they would work also, I read somewhere on here that they are built like standard 30s. I’ll report back when my order comes in. Thanks for the help man!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, design mimics the 30s.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Should be good with the Brownells 20's:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
BCM also makes a 20rd magazine that has a slight curve like the standard USGI 30rd magazines. The floorplate tabs are the same as a 30 so they should accept range plates.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You can modify the Ranger baseplate to fit regular 20rd GI mags, i’ve done it on plenty of Colt 20rd mags.
You’ll have to cut the baseplate down to clear the retaining tab on the 20rd mag. Photo added to show where it needs to be cut.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For those you all using the Magpul L Plates,or the Ranger plates on 20rd mags... does the use of these allow a full 20rds or 19 rds ?

I know on the 30rd mags both those plates can limit mags to 29rds, from the added internal plate.
View Quote

Can only load 19rds in Colt 20rd mag with magpul ranger plates installed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top