Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 9:36:05 AM EDT
does the Magpul QDM sling mount allow for 360 degrees of rotation using say a BCM stock?

i know the stock itself is 360 deg rotating but with a typical 1.25" QD sling mount, the cheek rest of most stocks blocks full rotation of the mount.

i can get a 1" sling mount (the triangular ones, not oval kind) to fully rotate on a Magpul CTR stock but not the BCM stock.

thanks!

QDM sling mount:
https://magpul.com/catalog/product/view/id/6070/s/qdm-quick-disconnect-sling-mount/category/53/
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it will. The socket in the stock is what determines the amount of rotation.

Edit:
I just noticed that the BCM stock has much protruding plastic above the sling socket. That plastic may not allow the socket to swivel even if the socket allows for 360 rotation. I do not own that combination so I cannot confirm.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks! ill think i will try them out regardless. was hesitant because of the price and because i already have plenty of QD sling mounts of both shapes and sizes but im sure it will work on the CTR.

for the price of the swivel i might as well get a complete sling (w/swivels). i'd replace the front sling mount with a standard 1.25"  QD mount (locking on rail) and move the Magpul QD to the back end of another sling.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top