Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2021 1:04:56 PM EDT
Looking to make a KISS build out of a Colt 6920 I just got - adding nothing more than a red dot, sling and white light. Am replacing the M4 handguards with either an MOE or MOE SL handguard, and want to add a light with a surefire scout mounting footprint. My  question is what is the best way to mount such a light onto the handguard referenced? It has MLOK slots, but some prior research suggests that certain MLOK mounts out there won’t be compatible due to the specific dimensions of the MOE handguards. Does Anybody who has used/worked with the Magpul handguards have any advice for mounting a white light on them?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you're using a MOE original, the ones being sold now are all Mlok and will say so on the packaging.

I'm a fan of Magpul offset aluminum or polymer scout mounts, and and also a fan of Arisaka and Impact Weapon Components as well. They all work but one thing that you should be aware of is to not tighten too much and use loctite or you will damage the edges of the slots.

The SL adds weight significantly. I took mine off because of that and instead dropped in an inexpensive but well made Midwest Industries Mlok two piece drop in. If money is no object, you could drop in a Daniel Defense Omega 7 Mlok drop in and free float. Either way, both of your two Magpul choices would also serve you well just as much.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I run a Modlite 18350 with the IWC smcxl scout light mount-n-slot. OP check your email.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#5]
MOE SL, IWC TMC Scout Mount, and an Arisaka 300

Just requires two holes drilled in the top of the handguard. I do not recall the size but it’s easy. There is plenty of clearance inside the handguard for the hardware.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with their scout style mount on my HD 10.5" pistol. With the Surefire on there, it's ambidextrous and easy to actuate from either side.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top