Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2018 10:36:30 AM EDT
I saw this and though that if the "brace" part of it was on the back end of an AR pistol - it would look more retro -

Says it comes with compliance letter, although I wonder if compliance is something to the effect of - magnet doesn't count as attaching or some such thing.

I am interested to see if this is a legit "brace" - Seems like it sure would look the part on an XM177ish pistol clone etc. as its picture would appear like its a strap affixed to an early-stock-like assembly.

https://0382c64.netsolstores]=https://0382c64.netsolstores. com/magnabraceinstantonpistolarmbrace.aspx]https://0382c64.netsolstores

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you check the link>
Not working
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you check the link>
Not working
View Quote
http://0382c64.netsolstores.com/magnabraceinstantonpistolarmbrace.aspx
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks absolutely tiny. I’m betting it doesn’t count as a stock because it attaches via magnet and not a permanent fixture (like those pistol ‘stocks’ that are held on by you holding it against the grip). They got the look down but good lord that scaling needs to be worked on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It looks absolutely tiny. I’m betting it doesn’t count as a stock because it attaches via magnet and not a permanent fixture (like those pistol ‘stocks’ that are held on by you holding it against the grip). They got the look down but good lord that scaling needs to be worked on.
View Quote
My thoughts as well - But I also was curious if that is the case (exempt by magnet attachment) why bother with any arm strap at all?

If the magnet is the key to its status - could be used on a 22LR or non-tube required AR.  Put a steel plate in the tube threading area (cut an old tube and insert steel ) and affix via magnet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
"The MAGNABRACE is the only 3- position adjustable instant on/off Arm Brace that mounts on AK pistols to Macs in seconds. Comes with a 3m adhesive disc for more permanent mounting which is as strong as a metel rivet.. Comes with a velcro arm strap and Legality Certificate and looks fabulous on the guns. It's unique Patent Pending directional magnet system holds it instantly in place and adjusts to fit any shooter."

Uhhh ok...

adhesive disc as strong as a "metel" rivet

"Legality certificate"

Ah... it has a directional magnet system

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"The MAGNABRACE is the only 3- position adjustable instant on/off Arm Brace that mounts on AK pistols to Macs in seconds. Comes with a 3m adhesive disc for more.. Comes with a velcro arm strap and Legality Certificate and looks fabulous on the guns. It's unique Patent Pending directional magnet system holds it instantly in place and adjusts to fit any shooter."

Uhhh ok...

"Legality certificate"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"The MAGNABRACE is the only 3- position adjustable instant on/off Arm Brace that mounts on AK pistols to Macs in seconds. Comes with a 3m adhesive disc for more
permanent mounting which is as strong as a metel rivet
.. Comes with a velcro arm strap and Legality Certificate and looks fabulous on the guns. It's unique Patent Pending directional magnet system holds it instantly in place and adjusts to fit any shooter."

Uhhh ok...

"Legality certificate"

If its claimed as somewhat permanently attachable then I suppose its legal certificate is perhaps not that its not attached???
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if it also has a warning about recommending pacemaker recipients not use it....
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The 'stock' itself is probably an airsoft part.
I bought a couple while researching my XM177 build a few years ago and the ones I
got were about 10 to 15% undersize.
They must have worked off a commercial tube sized stock because it didn't take much to make them work
on a mil-spec dia receiver extension.
The material itself had a harder feel than any other repros I've found.
Considering what the Brownells ones are going for why bother?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top