Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2020 10:22:17 PM EDT
I was wondering what would be a good torque spec for the main cross bolts (the hardware which tightens the mount to the receiver/upper).  Many may probably give me the German standby, "goodandtight,"  but I was looking for something a little more precise. Maybe 35-40 inch pounds?  Sixty?  I tried contacting Trijicon about it but they haven't given me an answer.  I know that the four mounting screws are supposed to be 12 inch pounds.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would start at the low end, shoot the rifle and then check if they're getting loose. You can go tighter if they're starting to back out. Its good practice to check your screws in between sessions. I've had stuff fall off my rifle on more than a few occasions.

Or you could get a QD mount, set the tension just right and you don't have to worry about it. I have a American Defense QD 1/3 mount which is rock solid and holds zero.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon got back in contact with me recently.  In case anyone else needs the info, they recommend 30 inch pounds of torque on the main cross bolts.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top