Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 9:59:51 PM EDT
Is there anybody that owns a MRO HD and is satisfied with it? I'm looking for an LED RDS that is capable of using a circle dot reticle but isn't made in China (prefer not to support Chinese when I can) is the MRO HD the only option for this? Thx.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one. Satisfied enough to keep it at least since I do like the lighter than an Eotech with a lot longer battery life circle dot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No issues here. I like mine a lot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you guys experienced the emitter reflection issue that occurs when sunlight shines into the optic? I've seen YouTube reviewers mention it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Good question. I'll have an answer for you in several hours after the sun has risen.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
@Alaskanforfreedom

I really do not like you right at this moment, my retinas are still seeing spots

And this picture is why

My intent was to take pics of the dots in the center and at the edge of the sun, but as you can see, that was an instant nope after a tenth of a second

I took out my Aimpoint Pro, Both the T1 and H1, and the MRO HD. All of the Aimpoints lasted until the beginnings of the edge, then faded out. The MRO HD in both dot and circle dot settings, was almost at the edge before vanishing.

Just my personal and insignificant opinion here, but I don't think that any dot would make it to the center during a sunrise, let alone middle of the day or at sunset. Hope this all helps.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you guys experienced the emitter reflection issue that occurs when sunlight shines into the optic? I've seen YouTube reviewers mention it.
View Quote

I had one and the ghost reticle was an issue that I just couldn't deal with. You saw it the most when you were looking through the optic and had two different light levels in the same view, as shown in pics below. It was absolutely unacceptable to me. Factor in the $620 price tag and it was mind blowing. I sold a Sig Romeo 5 XDR to "upgrade" to the MRO HD, and that cheap chinese sight did not have even the slightest ghost reticle issue. I'm a Trijicon fanboy, but they really struck out with the HD, in my opinion.

Optic powered off outdoor:

Optic powered off indoor:

Dot only indoor:

Circle-Dot indoor:
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Alaskanforfreedom

I really do not like you right at this moment, my retinas are still seeing spots

And this picture is why

https://i.imgur.com/tHWvxxC.jpg

My intent was to take pics of the dots in the center and at the edge of the sun, but as you can see, that was an instant nope after a tenth of a second

I took out my Aimpoint Pro, Both the T1 and H1, and the MRO HD. All of the Aimpoints lasted until the beginnings of the edge, then faded out. The MRO HD in both dot and circle dot settings, was almost at the edge before vanishing.

Just my personal and insignificant opinion here, but I don't think that any dot would make it to the center during a sunrise, let alone middle of the day or at sunset. Hope this all helps.
View Quote
Oh crap. I didn't mean to look directly at the sun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Alaskanforfreedom

And this picture is why

https://i.imgur.com/tHWvxxC.jpg

I. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

As for your question, wish I could help but all 3 of my MRO's are the non-HD/circle dot variety.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had one and the ghost reticle was an issue that I just couldn't deal with. You saw it the most when you were looking through the optic and had two different light levels in the same view, as shown in pics below. It was absolutely unacceptable to me. Factor in the $620 price tag and it was mind blowing. I sold a Sig Romeo 5 XDR to "upgrade" to the MRO HD, and that cheap chinese sight did not have even the slightest ghost reticle issue. I'm a Trijicon fanboy, but they really struck out with the HD, in my opinion.

Optic powered off outdoor:
https://i.imgur.com/xuUaGz0.jpg

Optic powered off indoor:
https://i.imgur.com/ATnEkfe.jpg

Dot only indoor:
https://i.imgur.com/8pxiVrN.jpg

Circle-Dot indoor:
https://i.imgur.com/H2D6wFI.jpg
View Quote

Agreed.. it was a fail. Actually, I could have probably lived with the reticle artifacts because I leave my MRO all the time on setting 3. What I couldn't live with was the 75 days on setting 3 while on ring/dot/complex reticle. (Holosuns and others blow that away with a complex reticle)

And yes, I'm a fanboy also lol.. Acog, accupower, credo (2), MRO and have owned numerous RX01 and Mini acogs over the years... even the Tripower (lol) .. this was the biggest disappointment since the Tripower in my experiences with Trijicon products
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Romeo 4t and 4s are good. Have circle dot and use an T1 footprint
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I like mine well enough to have purchased a second. I can see the reflection if I hold it just right and look for it.

I have not noticed it while putting rounds on targets indoors or outdoors under sunny/cloudy/dusk conditions. - It might be there but I didn't notice while focusing on putting the dot where I wanted to hit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Romeo 4t and 4s are good. Have circle dot and use an T1 footprint
View Quote

While they’re assembled in the US, the parts come from China FWIW.

If that doesn’t bother OP they’re a great optic (I had the 4T, 4M, and 4S). I wouldn’t pay full price for one though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top