Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2020 2:05:06 PM EDT
I’m looking for an in-stock MK18 Mod1 upper. I’d prefer one with a Colt upper.

I may end up having to go the slow route and build it out myself. Clone-correct is obviously not the goal. Availability and price are the only issues.

I have and will continue to browse the EE here, just haven’t seen one pop up lately.

Jake
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What is an original 1999 vintage MK18 Mod1 upper from Crane NSW worth?  Any additional value if it has blood stains on the RIS?

18Z50....asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of these and its nice IMO u get what u pay for

http://www.specializedarmament.com/ar-15-upper-receiver-groups/upper-receiver-group-colt-mk18/

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have one of these and its nice IMO u get what u pay for

http://www.specializedarmament.com/ar-15-upper-receiver-groups/upper-receiver-group-colt-mk18/

View Quote

Not to be combative, but there is absolutely nothing about the SAW URG that justifies a premium price over any other Colt Mk18/10.3" URG (or any 10.3" URG of equivalent quality, such as from DD). SAW has more or less always had ridiculous rip-off pricing compared to the rest of the market. It's like they're stuck back in the days when they were practically the only game in town for Colt parts and they could get away with raping people.

More than that, their "Reliability Package" gets you a totally unnecessary above Crane-spec gas port, which is a major negative as far as I'm concerned. You're actually paying extra for them to take a barrel that's almost perfectly ported for unsuppressed and suppressed use, and screw it up by drilling the port oversized. Given a choice between a SAW "Reliability Package" Colt 10.3" or a stock Colt 10.3" at the same price, I wouldn't even consider the former. Hell, I'd actually pay more for the stock barrel, lol.

Additionally, unless you replaced or shaved the gas block, that'd be the foundation for an Mk18 Mod 0 or CQBR Block 1, not a Block II/Mod 1.

Quoted:
I’m looking for an in-stock MK18 Mod1 upper. I’d prefer one with a Colt upper.

I may end up having to go the slow route and build it out myself. Clone-correct is obviously not the goal. Availability and price are the only issues.

I have and will continue to browse the EE here, just haven’t seen one pop up lately.

Jake
View Quote

You're not going to find an off the shelf CQBR Block II/Mk18 Mod 1 type URG using a Colt receiver--unless you buy from someplace that offers custom URGs like Charlie's Custom Clones (which I'd highly advise against--CCC is well known in clone circles for their shady business practices and hugely inflated prices). Your best bet for an all or partial Colt parts URG is the EE, Tacswap, etc. They pop up from time to time. Kinda goes without saying, prices are awful on everything currently.

Since being clone correct isn't a top priority, I'd try and find a DD Mk18 URG that's in stock. Keep an eye here: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/815604014045

DD makes the best 10.3" barrel currently on the market IMO (proper .070" gas port, CHF, extremely accurate, and excellent fit/finish); Colt or FN barrels are an extremely close second.

If time is of the essence, I'd subscribe to all the related EE forums and start snatching up parts; worst-case, you find a complete/stripped URG before you collect all the parts and have to sell what you no longer need. Doubtful you'll have much trouble given the current market.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top