Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 907
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Most of SOCOM got Colt M4A1s early in mid 90s. Not sure about MARSOC.  Some of support troops do have FN M4A1s.  Course there are a few remarked M4 to M4A1 configuration.  

I wouldn’t sweat it to much as it still isn’t a select fire lower anyway. I run PSA M4A1 lowers on my clones. 

CD
View Quote

If you could only get a gov profile barrel would you still use the m4a1 or would you personally use a m4 from psa? My block 2 is a m4a1 with a socom fn barrel, but when I start my block 1 it seems like a gov profile is going to be much easier to find with the fsb.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:41:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#2]
double tap wth
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#3]
triple tap
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PingRing774:
We all dick measure over BUIS, Lights, and Muzzle devices.... and CD just CASUALLY has a .50 M2 in the background of his bench. Thats a big flex without even flexing. 

Thanks for all the assistance CD.
View Quote

Wait till he breaks out the M134 or Goose.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

If you could only get a gov profile barrel would you still use the m4a1 or would you personally use a m4 from psa? My block 2 is a m4a1 with a socom fn barrel, but when I start my block 1 it seems like a gov profile is going to be much easier to find with the fsb.
View Quote

I’d still go M4A1 even with a gov’t profile barrel for a Block I.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NCState85:

Hopping into this convo late as hell, but on this subject, I think the clone community sometimes need to evaluate why they're doing this.  Should people really drop up to 3,000-5,000 dollars just to build a rifle that is as close to one of the issued setups as possible?  I started down that road, but I went to the range one day with my brother who was in 3rd Group, now 20th Group, and asked his opinion on the subject.  He kind of laughed and was like "who cares."  Rather than recreating what he carries on at work, he'd opted for a Daniel Defense M4V7 because he liked the way it looked, and because it was lighter.

So that made me re-evaluate my "cloning" outlook.  At the end of the day, I personally think that what makes a SOPMOD Block-whatever is A) Mil-Spec parts in terms of the upper/lower, B) the appropriate hand-guard (KAC RAS/RIS, DD RIS II, Geissele MK16, etc..), C, the appropriate barrel, and D) somewhat appropriate optics (i.e. has it ever been used by the military or has some SOF guy thrown it on his rifle).

Because in terms of the upper/lower, if it's mil-spec than it doesn't really matter what markings it has on it.  It meets the mil-spec standard of quality (preferably from a reputable company like Colt/LMT/BCM/DD/etc...)

But that's just this man's opinion.  I think pressuring people to spend exorbitant amounts of money just to have the right markings so they can post here is kind of toxic.  I personally enjoy coming here to see the various setups rather than grading how much time they've spent to mirror a set list of items.  And from what I've seen, that isn't in the spirit of SOF rifles anyway.  Those guys put anything and everything on their guns.
View Quote

Yeah for me cloning is all about the asthetics. I dont care if my barrel is a bushmaster or a colt. Or my bcg is a colt or a toolcraft.

Other people have to take it to 11. Its just what they wanna do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:

Yeah for me cloning is all about the asthetics. I dont care if my barrel is a bushmaster or a colt. Or my bcg is a colt or a toolcraft. 

Other people have to take it to 11. Its just what they wanna do.
View Quote

I ma with you there. Even all the aesthetics dont have to be exact for me such as I am using a fde stock and fde bcm grip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Government Profile vs SOCOM Profile

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a newbie to building ARs but WTF is the difference?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
I'm a newbie to building ARs but WTF is the difference?
View Quote
SOCOM profile has the cuts for an M203 and has more mass both overall and specifically in the area aft of the gas port. It handles FA fire better but that comes with a weight penalty.

For civilian/semi-auto purposes it's moot. You aren't going to heat up the barrel enough for there to be any real difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:27:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#11]
(wrong clone thread)

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#13]

I wouldn’t sweat it to much as it still isn’t a select fire lower anyway. I run PSA M4A1 lowers on my clones. 

CD
View Quote

This!

Going to IM you a couple unrelated questions if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
I'm a newbie to building ARs but WTF is the difference?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
I'm a newbie to building ARs but WTF is the difference?

Seriously?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:43:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#15]

If you could only get a gov profile barrel would you still use the m4a1 or would you personally use a m4 from psa? My block 2 is a m4a1 with a socom fn barrel, but when I start my block 1 it 
seems like a gov profile is going to be much easier to find with the fsb.
View All Quotes

If you could only get a gov profile barrel would you still use the m4a1 or would you personally use a m4 from psa? My block 2 is a m4a1 with a socom fn barrel, but when I start my block 1 it 
seems like a gov profile is going to be much easier to find with the fsb.

I personally prefer the lighter Govt Profile if only running semi auto.  At work I'll take the SOCOM profile bbls as takes longer to have a cookoff, but that's only a few more mags.  Takes longer to cool down however.  All personal preference.

If your asking about the lower.  Again personal preference.  I've been carrying a M4A1 since Apr 95'

Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Wait till he breaks out the M134 or Goose.

800 rds yesterday and 3600 rds today.
Attachment Attached File

84mm HEAT round
Attachment Attached File

Originally Posted By GHOS7:

This!

Going to IM you a couple unrelated questions if you don't mind.

Ask away.

CD
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:45:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#16]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Seriously?
View Quote

He's not a ground pounder.

Left two are Govt profile, right SOCOM.  Cuts in barrel on SOCOM are for mounting the M203 40mm GL.  Govt profile is same diameter at cuts on SOCOM.

Attachment Attached File

CD

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]

I personally prefer the lighter Govt Profile if only running semi auto.  At work I'll take the SOCOM profile bbls as takes longer to have a cookoff, but that's only a few more mags.  Takes longer to cool down however.  All personal preference.

If your asking about the lower.  Again personal preference.  I've been carrying a M4A1 since Apr 95'

800 rds yesterday and 3600 rds today.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/79326656-2aa0-472b-a9e8-669f100b49bb_JPG-1393874.JPG
84mm HEAT round
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/7981277a-cropped_png-1393876.JPG

Ask away.

CD
View Quote

I was referring to personal builds that you use psa lowers. so you would use a psa m4a1 with a gov profile?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#18]

He's not a ground pounder.

Left two are Govt profile, right SOCOM.  Cuts in barrel on SOCOM are for mounting the M203 40mm GL.  Govt profile is same diameter at cuts on SOCOM.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0068_jpg-1393878.JPG

CD

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Seriously?

He's not a ground pounder.

Left two are Govt profile, right SOCOM.  Cuts in barrel on SOCOM are for mounting the M203 40mm GL.  Govt profile is same diameter at cuts on SOCOM.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0068_jpg-1393878.JPG

CD

Understood, but damn, the pics show the obvious differences.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#19]

I was referring to personal builds that you use psa lowers. so you would use a psa m4a1 with a gov profile?
View Quote

Most definitely

CD
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Colt CAGE marked charging handles at SAC. Price is up but what isn't Colt-wise?

Info on his webpage on how orders are taken.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]
CD, I have a question on the subject of "correct" lowers.  

I'm certain that Big Army and Navy have their own processes, and that SOCOM, SEALs and other organizations have their own, but it's my understanding that as far as these "Bigs" are concerned, as long as the lower is accounted for, they don't officially give a hill of beans what name is engraved on any particular lower.

Anyway, I've gotten from your posts that in your experience, you generally see this or that type of lower with this or that configuration - like the early SOCOM guns being M4A1s from the 90s, NSW guns having particular lowers, and so on.

Am I correct in my thought that what actual units are issuing and actual troops are using may vary substantially from "what was originally fielded" with various units/organizations/etc.?  Essentially, would it be true that "frankenguns" are in the field, with X lower, Y upper, Z muzzle device, and ABC furniture?  And maybe there are quite a lot of "frankenguns" in some organizations, versus more rank-and-file units having more consistent configurations?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
CD, I have a question on the subject of "correct" lowers.  

I'm certain that Big Army and Navy have their own processes, and that SOCOM, SEALs and other organizations have their own, but it's my understanding that as far as these "Bigs" are concerned, as long as the lower is accounted for, they don't officially give a hill of beans what name is engraved on any particular lower.

Anyway, I've gotten from your posts that in your experience, you generally see this or that type of lower with this or that configuration - like the early SOCOM guns being M4A1s from the 90s, NSW guns having particular lowers, and so on.

Am I correct in my thought that what actual units are issuing and actual troops are using may vary substantially from "what was originally fielded" with various units/organizations/etc.?  Essentially, would it be true that "frankenguns" are in the field, with X lower, Y upper, Z muzzle device, and ABC furniture?  And maybe there are quite a lot of "frankenguns" in some organizations, versus more rank-and-file units having more consistent configurations?
View Quote

SOCOM uses primarily the M4A1 lower.  These were issued as basic carbines back in the mid 90s and then issued out SOPMOD Block 1 items, later Block II and URGI.  The Army still tracks them as M4A1 carbines and units are supposed to keep standard handguards, barrels, etc to return to mother Army as she issued it.  NSW may line out M4A1 and restamp as Mk18 Mod 0 or Mk18 Mod 1. So, yes you can say they are "Frankenguns" as upper is rebuilt to current configuration and uses the same lower.

CD

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Cool, thanks!

I'm not working on a SOPMOD clone, my M4A1 clone is enough at the moment.  But knowing there are "non-correct" configurations in the hands of real warfighters makes for some interesting clone ideas.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Cool, thanks!

I'm not working on a SOPMOD clone, my M4A1 clone is enough at the moment.  But knowing there are "non-correct" configurations in the hands of real warfighters makes for some interesting clone ideas.
View Quote

But they are still conform to standard Block 1, 1.5, 2 or URGI

CD
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#25]
From the very few I have seen in person, it was the handful of magpul butt stocks that got my attention. Most were running EXPS03’s. I really wanted to go with one on mine, but it doesn’t work well with my eyes. Glad I went with a lpvo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:

Yeah for me cloning is all about the asthetics. I dont care if my barrel is a bushmaster or a colt. Or my bcg is a colt or a toolcraft. 

Other people have to take it to 11. Its just what they wanna do.
View Quote

Well, if you're not taking "it to 11" it's just an inspired build and belongs in the SBR thread then and not in the M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone picture thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Well, if you're not taking "it to 11" it's just an inspired build and belongs in the SBR thread then and not in the M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone picture thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#28]

But they are still conform to standard Block 1, 1.5, 2 or URGI

CD
View Quote

Exactly.  The name on the lower isn't as important as the rest of the kit matching the standard.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:45:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StuartBoyer] [#30]
Forgive the crappy pic at the moment but just finished mine (stimulus gun). Thinking of changing the light though and switching to my stubby tango grip and CTR stock. Just got the upper back from John Thomas today and my god his welds are awesome. Hard to see but EOTech 553 that I have had since 09, Colt grip Surefire M952V, PRI gas buster, Geissele trigger, Colt Socom barrel, CQD mounts, PSA lower. Just wish I had got the colt upper reciever before they went out of stock but I wanted to finish this before May, passed on the 4 prong as I couldnt find one under 400 at the time and I wanted this to stay on budget. Helped I already had most of these parts for years, only had to buy the gasbuster barrel and stock :)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iW5P3U]IMG_5562[1][/url] by Stuart Boyer, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#31]
Maybe someone here can help me wit­h this. Im assuming it’s an older version, it’s stam­ped 03OCT08. I recently purchased this of the EE and I’m ­afraid I’m a little stumped.

Notice how the “M4A1” and NSN­ numbers are on top. With the “Daniel Defense Sav GA is on bottom­? While the newer one is the other way around. Hence Savannah and not Black  Creek? Also no­ticed there is no patent number. Another thing I noticed was that there are 4­ more holes towards the front of the rail, wh­ile all the recent productions don’t.

If anyone has any info on this it would ­be very helpful.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#32]
where can I get FDE buttstock ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:
Maybe someone here can help me with this. Im assuming it’s an older version, it’s stamped 03OCT08. I recently purchased this of the EE and I’m afraid I’m a little stumped. 
I referenced my other RIS II M4A1 rail. More recent production. (Top photo)
Notice how the “M4A1” and NSN numbers are on top. With the “Daniel Defense Sav GA is on bottom? While the newer one is the other way around. Hence Savannah and not Black  Creek? Also noticed there is no patent number. Another thing I noticed was that there are 4 more holes towards the front of the rail, while all the recent productions don’t. 
If anyone has any info on this it would be very helpful. 
https://i.ibb.co/FHrM6yM/3-D808-E1-A-B573-4099-A866-6-C1-FF3-C15-FA1.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/YBF1n6Z/4-C3-A86-A5-F985-4-D0-A-9418-600-AC6-DA50-BD.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/HtgytNS/BB2783-D0-C4-FF-4-ED8-BBD0-EC1-B719-CCFE9.jpg
View Quote

Cool. You have an older version of that rail.
DD made revisions to the Ris II due to some reports of the bottom rail bending under heavy Bipod use.
Newer versions remove those bottom holes, like the pictures of the ones you referenced.
Savanana, GA was DD's original location before moving down to Black Creek.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#34]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Cool. You have an older version of that rail. 
DD made revisions to the Ris II due to some reports of the bottom rail bending under heavy Bipod use. 
Newer versions remove those bottom holes, like the pictures of the ones you referenced. 
Savanana, GA was DD's original location before moving down to Black Creek. 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/Bendy_jpg-1394944.JPG

View Quote

Awesome thanks for the info. Once I noticed the savannah ga marking I googled it and got tons of info on this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
where can I get FDE buttstock ?
View Quote

Brownells has the LMT Sopmod gen2 taupe/fde in stock
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#36]
thanks, checking now

ordered

thanks again... I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#37]
You can get the bcm as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#38]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
thanks, checking now

ordered

thanks again... I really appreciate it.
View Quote

Welcome, there tough to find always oos.
Edit- looks like you got the last one
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Exactly.  The name on the lower isn't as important as the rest of the kit matching the standard.
View Quote

A part is a part.  Like the 1911s in the past no time is spent on keeping gun all Colt, Remington-Rand, etc.

CD
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NCState85:

I also just noticed it has a SOCOM profile barrel and Safe/Semi/Auto with an ambi safety selector.  So it has a lot of the features of an M4A1, but with the marking of an M4.  Strange.

View Quote

Didn't realize they had the Auto roll mark; thats a nice touch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Anybody have other pictures of the Ecos-O package on B2s? These are the only 3 I could dig up.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Anybody have other pictures of the Ecos-O package on B2s? These are the only 3 I could dig up. 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/EcosO_jpg-1395860.JPG 
View Quote

That beige computer monitor man!

Looks like a 386.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By leerx:

That beige computer monitor man!

Looks like a 386.
View Quote

Lol still rocking Aol online I'm sure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

A part is a part.  Like the 1911s in the past no time is spent on keeping gun all Colt, Remington-Rand, etc.

CD
View Quote

I remember the old 1911's that were modded by the Marines and Teams GM's: all a bit different.  They used a lot of Kings parts.  This was likely a reason why they moved on to HK's, SIGs, then Glocks, due to a lack of skilled smiths in the GM ranks and reliable parts availability. Later the very expensive M45A1 was made by Colt.  Then they picked the SIG M17/18 plug and play modular pistols made for 1/10th the cost.  Like the evolution of the M4A1 SOPMOD parts we saw cut downs by CRANE and now a bunch of manufacturers Colt/FNH... actually make the parts to keep up with demand.  CD I picked up a Remington Defense HRT SOPMOD recently it's the 11" FBI format, they said it was a fed contract overrun: have you seen these barrels?  They were selling a 14.5" also.  They are mil tech steel, forged, well chromed, with a dark black phosphate coating.  Very good quality machine work.  I have no idea how they are gassed, I'm guessing to spec. It's a spare for my Colt 10" SAW HBSP pistol build.  Do you see these Remington barrels?  If so, what's your opinion of them?  TIA and Godspeed.          
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Core:

I remember the old 1911's that were modded by the Marines and Teams GM's: all a bit different.  They used a lot of Kings parts.  This was likely a reason why they moved on to HK's, SIGs, then Glocks, due to a lack of skilled smiths in the GM ranks and reliable parts availability. Later the very expensive M45A1 was made by Colt.  Then they picked the SIG M17/18 plug and play modular pistols made for 1/10th the cost.  Like the evolution of the M4A1 SOPMOD parts we saw cut downs by CRANE and now a bunch of manufacturers Colt/FNH... actually make the parts to keep up with demand.  CD I picked up a Remington Defense HRT SOPMOD recently it's the 11" FBI format, they said it was a fed contract overrun: have you seen these barrels?  They were selling a 14.5" also.  They are mil tech steel, forged, well chromed, with a dark black phosphate coating.  Very good quality machine work.  I have no idea how they are gassed, I'm guessing to spec. It's a spare for my Colt 10" SAW HBSP pistol build.  Do you see these Remington barrels?  If so, what's your opinion of them?  TIA and Godspeed.          
View Quote

No, I have not seen any of the Remington barrels at this time.  Remington is a DoD arms/parts supplier since the War of Northern Aggression.  As such I may see them later.  Still have a functional P14 made by Remington in mid 1917 here along with the P1913 bayonet they made also in Sep 16'.  Only short some .303 ammo.

CD
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Core:

I remember the old 1911's that were modded by the Marines and Teams GM's: all a bit different.  They used a lot of Kings parts.  This was likely a reason why they moved on to HK's, SIGs, then Glocks, due to a lack of skilled smiths in the GM ranks and reliable parts availability. Later the very expensive M45A1 was made by Colt.  Then they picked the SIG M17/18 plug and play modular pistols made for 1/10th the cost.  Like the evolution of the M4A1 SOPMOD parts we saw cut downs by CRANE and now a bunch of manufacturers Colt/FNH... actually make the parts to keep up with demand.  CD I picked up a Remington Defense HRT SOPMOD recently it's the 11" FBI format, they said it was a fed contract overrun: have you seen these barrels?  They were selling a 14.5" also.  They are mil tech steel, forged, well chromed, with a dark black phosphate coating.  Very good quality machine work.  I have no idea how they are gassed, I'm guessing to spec. It's a spare for my Colt 10" SAW HBSP pistol build.  Do you see these Remington barrels?  If so, what's your opinion of them?  TIA and Godspeed.          
View Quote

I bought one of these Remington 14.5s and it's nothing but awesome.  It is perfectly gassed and is the smoothest shooting barrel I have with only a carbine buffer and spring.  Impressively accurate as well.

I only wish I would have bought more than one when they were doing the sale.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By india13c:

I bought one of these Remington 14.5s and it's nothing but awesome.  It is perfectly gassed and is the smoothest shooting barrel I have with only a carbine buffer and spring.  Impressively accurate as well.

I only wish I would have bought more than one when they were doing the sale.
View Quote

I wish I had jumped on these barrels.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCState85] [#48]
My beater SOPMOD Block II with a rattle can paintjob.  Non-purist as it's a BCM upper & bcg, plus has a Magpul trigger guard, and a Surefire Warcomp, but I like it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I love the Mk6 3-18 - great optic.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I love the Mk6 3-18 - great optic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Anybody have other pictures of the Ecos-O package on B2s? These are the only 3 I could dig up. 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/EcosO_jpg-1395860.JPG 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/Ecos_jpeg-1395862.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/475241/Mk6_jpg-1395864.JPG

I love the Mk6 3-18 - great optic.

I have a 3-18x Mk5 on an 18” 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun and love it. Never thought of putting one on an AR before seeing some of the posts here but now I’ve got to give it a shot. Anyone have any experience with on on a 14.5 block II? Pros/Cons?
Page / 907
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top