Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 10:53:36 AM EDT
I was wondering which would be a better option for my sopmod rifle im building. Should I go with a M3X or go with a newer M6X light and laser. And recommendations would be great, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If you’re referring to this model M6X https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1013232129 or the other one without laser from Insight Technology, they are discontinued. I still have m6x but don’t use it, as the current market has much better quality ones e.g. brighter, lighter etc.

Look into Modlite, Surefire (they have laser and light options), or even Streamlight. Olights are also good bang for the buck.

YMMV and just my opinion owning all the above.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was wondering which would be a better option for my sopmod rifle im building. Should I go with a M3X or go with a newer M6X light and laser. And recommendations would be great, thanks!
View Quote

I’m assuming by SOPMOD that you’re referring to a Block II build if those are the lights you’re interested in.

The only reason to go with the old Insight lights are for clone correctness. If that’s what you’re after then the M3 or WMX200 are your only choices.

They are inferior in terms of performance to Surefire scouts in every way. More modern clone rifles call for the Surefire anyways so it’s not like you’d be far off.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the options, sorry for the late replies. I dont get notifications for replies for some reason.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top