Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 1:06:45 AM EDT
Took a while to collect the parts for this one.  Complete upper came from Knob Creek years ago, original military arsenal refinish back in 70s.  I picked up the sight in a trade and spent a long time looking for the mounting hardware.  This is a heavy rifle with that scope on it.  I would like an original sling swivel if some one has one that doesn't have a home.  I want to pick up a Nodak Spud lower for it next. I will get some more detailed pictures of the upper when i get the chance. I think it has an M  P and Chrome Bore markings but I will have to check.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!  I have an M16A1 clone built from all original parts, minus the lower. Where did you get the PVS-2, and does it work?  Super cool find either way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The PVS 2 was something I picked in a trade several years ago from a local gun forum.  It has a AA battery adapter in it.  The scope works well but is still first generation night vision.  It took me a little while to zero it.  I used newer NVG when I was in but it must have seemed awesome to someone who had never had that capability.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Did a night jump at Bragg one night back in early 75.  CH-47 with just LBE and weapons.  We didn’t normally use them but each fire team got one.  As the team leader, l carried ours and got to jump with it.  Same setup you’ve got.

Hit one of the smaller DZs, then a night movement to an ambush site.  Didn’t get much time to set up and at the time, really didn’t have much training on them.  But, I got hooked on night vision.  In later years, spent several thousand hours flying NVGs.

Your picture really brought back memories.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, remember that set up very well. Couldn't see much by todays standards, but in 1982, the whole world lit up at night.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top