Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2018 8:46:31 PM EDT
I have found pictures of FN M16A2 and I really like it. I bought one of the BCP lowers. I want to build it as a 20" A2 rifle but I want to get the logo correct. While searching for good pictures I have found two logo's. One has the F clearly on top of the N and another shows the N on top cutting though the F. Also it looks like the F never touches the circle and the N barely touch the circle. Do you have any knowledge you can share and maybe a few photos.

Thanks Jay

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah Military markings vs commercial.
FN, by law, cannot produce their commercial rifles using the TDP for the M16 (as rediculous as that sounds) thus the differences.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Those BCP lowers are the cats meow. For some reason, they won't make a run of M4A1 marked ones. Going to grab a few of PSA M4A1s when they become available.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those BCP lowers are the cats meow. For some reason, they won't make a run of M4A1 marked ones. Going to grab a few of PSA M4A1s when they become available.
View Quote
If they were smart they’d offer them as a normally-stocked item available for order through their site.

But they’re not smart.

I tried for a long time/many posts to encourage them to produce a small quantity to keep in hand and people not have to call like it’s 1985 or something.

[The PSA M4A1 was my idea]

Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If they were smart they’d offer them as a normally-stocked item available for order through their site.

But they’re not smart.

I tried for a long time/many posts to encourage them to produce a small quantity to keep in hand and people not have to call like it’s 1985 or something.

View Quote
For that, I salute you sir. Job well done.
Can't wait for the PSA M4A1s
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But they’re not smart.

View Quote
You have no idea how hard I tried and mention it every time I go in.  BCP doesnt do much of anything except contract work or production, small as it is, of high demand items.  The other day I mentioned I am thinking about an AR10 build and Tina said "Oh. we make those too."  No where on the website and when I questioned her she admitted they were out of them.  They are great people to deal with but they will not stick their neck out on something they might not sell quickly.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a shame, I love their A2/A4 lowers I have. I really wish they would do an M4 and M4A1 as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You have no idea how hard I tried and mention it every time I go in.  BCP doesnt do much of anything except contract work or production, small as it is, of high demand items.  The other day I mentioned I am thinking about an AR10 build and Tina said "Oh. we make those too."  No where on the website and when I questioned her she admitted they were out of them.  They are great people to deal with but they will not stick their neck out on something they might not sell quickly.
View Quote
I’m sure they are nice and I appreciate your efforts.

They could corner the small but passionate market for clone lowers. People would pay a handsome price for a quality lower with appropriate markings. Do them in “limited” runs and they’re that much more exclusive. Apply for a CAGE code and include a custom Carolina Laser Works UID label with each A4 or M4A1 lower.

Cloner minds fucking blown!

Instead they sell 762x39-marked lowers & silly 9MM stuff. Brilliant.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Got this one done first.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks pretty good.  I may need to do that to mine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Well done!

BCP if you are reading this, MAKE MORE RETRO MARKED LOWERS!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

I love the FN marked A2 clones. Here is mine I built from an 80% receiver.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66729/20181002_001707_001_jpg-760019.JPG
I love the FN marked A2 clones. Here is mine I built from an 80% receiver.
View Quote
That looks great. Was the lower already finished or did you have it anodized after you completed it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#13]
mpdphil - Is that a Braceman job? I’m really bummed that he’s out of the biz. I was hoping to have him do an A2 lower for me. I’ve been meaning to ask around here for recommendations on another engraving source. I’m hoping you found a good one!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the lower from Randy Spade as an 80% with the engraving. I milled it out myself with a 5d jig and then had SNF anodize it to make it look like it does now. Randys contact info: [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks for the positive comments!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got the lower from Randy Spade as an 80% with the engraving. I milled it out myself with a 5d jig and then had SNF anodize it to make it look like it does now. Randys contact info: [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks for the positive comments!
View Quote
Thanks! My last A2 was pretty close in production to yours; it had a 726XXXX serial number. This was a complete FN M16A2 kit from a few years back, and would look perfect with correctly marked lower. It even has the high speed 3 point sling and buttstock mag pouch I had on it.

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I would like to have one of those BCP Lowers also. I emailed them yesterday and they said they may make a run in January if they get enough interest. So maybe contact them like I did and they will make a run.

I am sure they are not going to do just one for me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks a lot for the info! I’ll drop Randy Spade a note. Looks like he does great work.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top