Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2018 9:59:21 AM EDT
It's a little hard to tell in this picture, but I noticed that the base of a bottle of M-Pro 7 Gun Oil I have sitting on a shelf had a bulge at the base (left in this picture).  It hasn't been in contact with any other liquid or oil, it's just been sitting on a shelf.  The bottle is soft to the touch as if the bottle is failing.  I'm going to email them, but has anyone experienced this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't answer your question, that's very interesting.

I've got about 6 bottles of that LPx oil around and been using it exclusively for a number of years. Have never seen that and can't even find anything relating to distortion of LPx bottles.

You're better off calling them verses email, they have never answered my emails. I recently asked them why the spout top and nipple capped top are sold, which one is newer production..they told me both is new production and they still manufacturer both types of bottles.

Great oil though, in for an answer...
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've got about 6 bottles of that LPx oil around and been using it exclusively for a number of years. Have never seen that and can't even find anything relating to distortion of LPx bottles.

You're better off calling them verses email, they have never answered my emails. I recently asked them why the spout top and nipple capped top are sold, which one is newer production..they told me both is new production and they still manufacturer both types of bottles.

View Quote
I'm trying to remember if I had it in a Ziploc with other oils at some point. If I did it would only have been CLP.  I like the m-pro 7 a good bit also.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
transfer the contents into a glass jar.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're right about calling them.  I guess they're owned by Bushnell.  I'm sending them a picture and they're sending a new bottle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
transfer the contents into a glass jar.
View Quote
When Slip2000’s Carbon Killer killed its own container, I transferred the rest of that mean green killing machine into an old Nalgene bottle. Glass jars are a good idea too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
My bottle is about 3 yrs old and is holding up fine, only problem I have is opening the flip top...gotta use a pick, fingers don't work!
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I use mpro7 solvent exclusively and have a couple spray bottles plus 2 of the gallon refill jugs ... all circa 2006. Admittedly not the oil, but the only weirdness was one of the gallons had something like wax shavings develop and float to top. Containers are solid.

This thread is timely since I drafted an eml to ask about shelf life. I will call instead
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Never had problem with MPro7 bottles on cleaner or oil.  As said above, the oil flip-top spout is tough to get open.  Sometimes I can push my thumbnail in there, bending the front tab a little bit by pushing outward on the tab with the top of my thumbnail.  Get oily thumb but don't have to dig out my dental pick.  Products have always worked.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use mpro7 solvent exclusively and have a couple spray bottles plus 2 of the gallon refill jugs ... all circa 2006. Admittedly not the oil, but the only weirdness was one of the gallons had something like wax shavings develop and float to top. Containers are solid.

This thread is timely since I drafted an eml to ask about shelf life. I will call instead
View Quote
@sendit14

I asked them about that when they couldn't give me a confident answer about which bottle type is newer....they told me shelf life is 2 years for an opened bottle and a very long time for unopened. Then they said an opened bottle will last much longer but 2 years is what they listed. Maybe they will give you a different answer, who knows.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@sendit14

I asked them about that when they couldn't give me a confident answer about which bottle type is newer....they told me shelf life is 2 years for an opened bottle and a very long time for unopened. Then they said an opened bottle will last much longer but 2 years is what they listed. Maybe they will give you a different answer, who knows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@sendit14

Lol ... I figure expiry on this stuff is probably years or even decades, but 1) everything today needs an expiration date, and 2) they get repeat sales. I don't begrudge them sales, but if they know the expiry is long, just tell us.

BTW, I refilled my ~5 yr old spray bottle with my ~12 yr old gallon contents and just cleaned off froglube from a rifle I haven't touched in ~2yrs. While the Tuf-Glide underneath the froglube may have helped, I can vouch for mpro7 cleaning off old froglube completely.

Will let you know what they say when I call.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
@jasonm4

So here's some oddness ... the website is down (404 error), the phone number via a search for "mpro7 Phoenix" rings to Bushnell (useless on-hold-forever nonsense - and what about Hoppes ?!?) and Vista Outdoor also has voice prompts that go nowhere. So I called the original creator (Pantheon Chemical) and Bushnell may have changed the formula after they bought it about a year ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@jasonm4

So here's some oddness ... the website is down (404 error), the phone number via a search for "mpro7 Phoenix" rings to Bushnell (useless on-hold-forever nonsense - and what about Hoppes ?!?) and Vista Outdoor also has voice prompts that go nowhere. So I called the original creator (Pantheon Chemical) and Bushnell may have changed the formula after they bought it about a year ago.
View Quote
Absolutely insane, I know!! Lol

I just now seen the 404 error on Mpro's site. I called the same number you did, that 1-800-423-3537 number, and think I pushed the button for "all other products". I remember someone eventually picking up(after half a dozen times) and told em I had an Mpro7 question. They said they were going to call the company directly for me(while on hold). They came back and blurted the half ass answers to my couple questions. It's like they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. I didn't think about Hoppes, just now realized there is no way to get a hold of them via phone. I gave up. Lemme know if it works out for you, if you find some other way. Ridiculous....
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My bottle is about 3 yrs old and is holding up fine, only problem I have is opening the flip top...gotta use a pick, fingers don't work!
View Quote
Exactly this ^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting intel ...
1. If you have old mpro7 it might separate - just shake it and it might remix. Depends on how and where it was stored, duration under those conditions, etc.
2. If you bought it recently and it is not clear, or has a smell, or whatever - it is not the original formulation.
3. The original formulation might be available - am checking and will update this thread when I know more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Whatever you buy, get the small bottles from Brownell's and transfer the stuff. I use either the 2 or 4 oz ones and usually get the large bottles of lube or cleaner as it's cheaper. Except is copper remover as it's not used often. The Brownells bottles last a very long time. I've had a carbon cleaner in one for over 15 years
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Whatever you buy, get the small bottles from Brownell's and transfer the stuff. I use either the 2 or 4 oz ones and usually get the large bottles of lube or cleaner as it's cheaper. Except is copper remover as it's not used often. The Brownells bottles last a very long time. I've had a carbon cleaner in one for over 15 years
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top