Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2022 10:55:59 PM EDT
The last time I posted, I got some good recommendations from guys about their favorite lubes.

What about Extreme Duty Gun Oil. Does anybody have any data on it's wear characteristics vs something like Breakfree CLP?

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have "Data", but I do like running it and it seems to be protecting moving parts in my AR's & Pistols VERY well.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Good stiff use it for guns and knives.  I watch it and don’t worry about specs.  How does it rally work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a bunch of it. I really like it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
No "data" but it does work well, even in cold weather, which was surprising given its consistency.  

I like it for my suppressed rifles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Its my go to oil.  Very slick, good lubrication but stays  where you put it for the most part.  Works great to protect high gloss blued steel as well,  doesn’t evaporate off like others will.

Only downside would be if your the OCD scent control type……in a hunting situation,  it does have an almost berry like scent to it.  Hasn’t gave any negative effect to me…..shot plenty of bear and deer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it.  I usually lube with whatever I grab first.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I like and use Lucas Gun Oil and grease.

Lucas Gun Oil and Grease
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like and use Lucas Gun Oil and grease.

Lucas Gun Oil and Grease
View Quote

Same.

I go a step further and do general cleaning with Lucas Extreme Duty CLP. It leaves a nice thin coat of oil after wiping down. I then lube with grease and oil. My AR BCG's and steel frame CZ's run very smoothly with this combination.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same.

I go a step further and do general cleaning with Lucas Extreme Duty CLP. It leaves a nice thin coat of oil after wiping down. I then lube with grease and oil. My AR BCG's and steel frame CZ's run very smoothly with this combination.
View Quote

That’s what I did today, and honestly it feels very slick. Idk if it will prevent wear better or just feels like it but I’m sold for now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I switched to Amsoil products. Seems to stay on the gun longer than the Lucus did. Plus they have solvents that clean carbon very well
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
There is that long thread on this site by the Battlefield Las Vegas guy. He mentioned Lucas gun oil specifically as something that didn’t mist as much as other oils in M4s. I’ve had that happen and I tried the Lucas, and it really cut down what got on my eye pro.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range/118-677135/
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top