Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 4:07:38 PM EDT
So, I just built my new 22 and have not shot it yet. Looking at the bolt it appears nothing bears on the inside surfaces of the upper receiver unlike a normal AR15 bolt. Is that right? Maybe just a very light lubing of the bolt itself. It seems like all the slide and contact points are just on the bottom rail of the bolt assembly and maybe lube the  guide rod and light lube around the extractor?

My new .22 upper tribute to Colt 607.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I just put a few drops of M-Pro 7 on the rails that the bolt rides on and the extractor.  You don't need to run it wet like a typical AR
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
in addition. I lube the spring guide and spring
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Lubed my slide , guide and bolt very light with superlube and ran down my road to function check quickly between showers. Shot 15 rounds with no issues. Iron sights seemed pretty close. Can't wait to get it on paper to zero
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
in addition. I lube the spring guide and spring
View Quote

That too
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve used oil and Cherry Balmz.  Recently switched to dry lube graphite or silicone.  It works better IMHO because the crud doesn’t stick to it as much.  I don’t have to clean as often.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Best answer..I only use dry lube in all my rimfires..Have for many years..If you want sludge, gunk, slurry and problems in any of your rimfires..Use liquid oil..If you do not like that, use dry lube.

I have used Hornandy and Rem Dri lube alot..I have recently been experimenting with PB Blaster Dry lube..Got it at ACE Hardware..Seems to be performing well..I like other PB Products so will give their Dry Lube a shot so to speak.

Most people think, hey if a little liquid oil is good, a lot must be better. Then they just keep adding even more to the equation when the problems it causes starts, which is almost instantaneous by the way..
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top