Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2022 9:53:25 AM EDT
I bought an upper to make a M4 look-a-like, but to be used with a .22 conversion. The handguard appears to rotate a little. Does not affect function, but would like to tighten it up. Any ideas? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that because there's no gas tube?
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
You can replace the handguards, but depending on where the tolerances are lacking, that may not work.

You need more material on the handguard ring under the slip ring to remove the play. Tape or thin layer of epoxy should get you there. Once you establish the proper thickness you can spray paint that part flat black and the world won't notice.

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
slight movement doesn't affect anything. I'm betting its fine. Military M4s rarely stayed tight for long. Still, functional, still accurate. Embrace the wiggle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
slight movement doesn't affect anything. I'm betting its fine. Military M4s rarely stayed tight for long. Still, functional, still accurate. Embrace the wiggle.
View Quote

Good to know. I recently bought a CMMG .22 kit for it and this build is intended to be a family fun gun anyway. Not gonna be clearing the house with it!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top