Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2021 5:43:44 PM EDT
Putting together a primary rifle for defense and using a Ballistic Advantage 14.7" barrel and a 12" guntec ultralightweight handguard.   wanting a stock that is fairly light but very comfortable to shoulder.  Have a magpul str on my other rifle and like it a lot but would like something a little less beefy i think on this one.  Don't want to spend 100 bucks on a stock.  Looking for recommendations from first hand experience please.  I am NOT trying to find the lightest components on the planet here.  Just something that is overall lightweight.  Previously had a MFT minimalist stock and liked that pretty much.  open to ideas.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
A KP-15 integral polymer lower is probably about as light as it's practical to get.

http://www.kearms.com/KP-15-polymer-receiver.aspx
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
MFT or the BCM stock, I prefer the BCM stocks over the MFT
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The BCM Gunfighter stocks are fairly light weight and very solid. Plus most models have integrated QD sling sockets.  @micmac might have one he can hook ya up with
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with ScoutH57.  I prefer the BCM to the MFT, but they're both great stocks.  

MFT is 2.5oz lighter or there about.  BCM is only 8oz though, and bomb proof tough.

I have spares of both laying around if you need one.  Send me an IM
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
N1 CAR stock, ~ 5 oz

Definitely not for everybody though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I took the MFT off and replaced with the BCM. Slightly heavier, but much more solid.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Rogers Super Stoc weighs 7.3 oz.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up a BATTLELINK Minimalist Stock for my AR45, and really pleased with it.
Cost me $35 at Primary Arms

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top