Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2023 3:33:16 AM EDT
For a project I am desperately looking for an A1 .625 Carbine handguard cap (round). Problem is that I am located in Germany and I jsut can't find it here. Does anyone know of a source in Europe?

A friend tried to machine one, but it just does not look close enough for me.

I wouldn't ask if I was not desperate, so any help is highly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!

I just tried optics planet, but shipping the part to Germany would be 63 USD. So I am hesitating and hoping for a cheaper solution. But please don#t get me wrong, I am not a "Cheap Charlie" ...

I also dropped Brownells Europe an e-mail ...

You guys may not know how lucky you are, being able to source such parts at gun shows or even local gunsmiths ...
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I am fully aware that freedom is not and never was for free ...

Greetings from Germany
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Have to be careful buying the .625 caps as some of the older mil spec sight bases and caps have a lip at the hole to match a recess in the sight base. A lot of newer stuff does not have it so the handguard caps with the lip will not correctly interface with the sight bases not recessed for it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LIKE THIS ?
View Quote

Yes, this would be good. i will see if Brownells Germany can help.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Try to contact these guys

https://waffen-schumacher.eu/de/ar-15/ar-15-barrel/
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have to be careful buying the .625 caps as some of the older mil spec sight bases and caps have a lip at the hole to match a recess in the sight base. A lot of newer stuff does not have it so the handguard caps with the lip will not correctly interface with the sight bases not recessed for it.
View Quote

Thank you. I have an A1 front sight post with the recess, so I would need the one with the lip.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LIKE THIS ?
View Quote

I think you mean THIS one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LIKE THIS ?

What am I missing?

From my link:

Attachment Attached File

And yours:

Attachment Attached File

Edit: Ah, location.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you! Strange, really. I was smart enough to search on their site but couldn' find it. A real Colt would also be great ...

EDIT: I ordered one at Brownells Germany today and hope it will work out. It was approx 20 USD so not cheap, but hey, I am lucky to be able to get the part at all. I hope it will be a genuine Colt part which would make me feel better (I am fully aware that Colt doesn't produce them but gets them from a supplier).

Thank you all for your friendly help and understanding.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top