Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 9:55:02 PM EDT
Where to look? Which one? Would prefer one with a proper twist rate (1-16?). Mags? A one-stop shop for what I’m looking for?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
better off buying a S&W or HK dedicated platform and just shoot and enjoy it.....you can actually find them currently for decent price too
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a cmmg upper. It's nice but I'd get a S&W complete gun if I were in the market today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
To find anything now a days google every vendor that lists the item and look for a "notify when back in stock" option.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where to look? Which one? Would prefer one with a proper twist rate (1-16?). Mags? A one-stop shop for what I’m looking for?

Thanks.
View Quote

Do you have online gun classifieds in your area ??
Have you checked the EE ??
Have you looked on Gun Broker ??

I've seen  various AR15 type .22 guns/uppers show-up about once a week around here on various Idaho classifieds.

I scored a complete Spikes Tactical ST-22 last week....and I'm lucky enough to have Black Dog Machine about 20 miles away over in Middleton, Idaho.

They were good enough to exchange a cracked mag that came with the gun for a new one....picked up a few mags while I was there. Definitely a great company to deal with.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Sheesh, you'd think this was GD with all of the non-answers to OP's question.

OP - I have a TACSOL Kestrel, but it looks like they're OOS.  I'm pretty sure they all use the same basic operating system.  Here's an actual option for you to consider instead of telling you that you want the wrong thing:  CMMG Upper

Good luck with the hunt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two CMMG collar units with dedicated .22lr barrels, a 16" and around a 10" that I use with my SBR... both work, and the dedicated barrels give much better accuracy than when they were insert units with a 5.56 barrel...
I used both SW15-22 magazines with a Boonie Packer insert and BlackDog with stainless feed lips... I prefer the BlackDog

for Steel Challenge competition, however, I went with a Ruger 10/22 for the magazine reliability... to get the feel of the rest of my AR based competition rifles, use a PMACA lightweight chassis, a SOCOM cheek weld stock and Hogue AR grip... regards
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

CMMG or PSA, but they are scarce right now everywhere.  Maybe keep an eye on the EE here
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all of you. Will be looking on EE for a dedicated shorty upper with a 1-16 twist or maybe even a 16”. IF any of you come across one at a decent price, I hope you might keep me in mind? Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top