Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2019 12:33:04 AM EDT
The have a tailhook mod 2 cheap.  Anyone buy from them?

https://lockedloaded.com/product/gear-head-works-brace-tailhook-mod-2-5-position-black
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a HK Mark 23, it took 2 months to ship a “IN STOCK”, communication was absolutely nonexistent... my opinion they are NOT G2G!
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered a HK Mark 23, it took 2 months to ship a "IN STOCK", communication was absolutely nonexistent... my opinion they are NOT G2G!
View Quote
Ew. okay, i'll steer clear. thank you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I concur.

Have had a horrible experience with them.  Didn't deliver, no shipping date, etc...  after 16 days.

Google reviews are also very poor.  I wish I would have reviewed them first.  I'm not sure how they even have 3.5 stars.  It looks like they do much better with their storefront business than their online sales.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Lousy customer service from my experience.  I placed an order and didn't see that I needed to contact them for extra shipping charges (being in Hawaii).  They emailed and said it would be $10 extra.  I said could they do $5 (since that would cover a flat-rate USPS box), but if not then ok to $10.  They didn't ship.  Then I got an email from someone else.  Process starts over.  After a couple weeks we agree to cancel the order.  Refund never shows up.  Chargeback on the credit card initiated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered two Leupold scopes through them this past February.  The prices were significantly cheaper than any other place I looked at the time.  They shipped the next day and I received the scopes three days later.  What I didn't like was the shipping came out to more than initially claimed.  I found them through the gundeals or slickguns website, whatever it is called these days, and there it stated something like $10 shipping for accessories and shipping was actually about $23.  Were it not for the huge savings on the scopes themselves, I would have cancelled the order.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the tailhook from them. Shipping was slow but no problems.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered a Holosun 510c from them, ordered on the 12th and received on the 17th. Great price, plan to order another!
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Ordered from them twice.

Butler Creek Steel Lips 10/22 mags for like $5 a pop, got them within a week and a half.

$6 YHM or excellent clone on the second order, got within a week.

G2G imo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered 2 SBA3 braces that were In Stock from them a couple of months back.  I waited the 10 business day window they say they will ship in and then started trying to contact them.  After a few more days of not getting any response from them, I initiated a dispute with my CC company.  A few days after that I received a tracking number.  Got the braces, but the savings aren't worth the headaches IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently ordered their tailhook mod 2, took a while to ship although I also had other small parts on the same order so not sure if that's what held it up or if that's normal.

Slow, yes, but this was hands down the cheapest price on a mod2 and if I order another one I'd go thru these guys if I'm not in a hurry.

They're mentioned in a few threads so they may have gotten slammed with arfcom orders for cheap mod2s.

Brownells had a sale on these that was pretty close price wise but last I looked they were back up to $149. I think lockedloaded.com has stuck to their original sale price.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered some Springfield M1A mags from them and received everything ~2 weeks later. Not complaints. That said, if you're shopping from the absolute cheapest vendor out there, don't expect meaningful customer service. These retailers don't even touch your order since they just drop ship from their distributor taking smaller and smaller profits as they race to the bottom. Order only what's in stock and don't ever use a debit card to do it.

If good CS is important to you, you're going to have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I've ordered from them in the past and haven't had any issues. Shipping was a little slow (1 week processing time).

Other than that my only complaint is the ridiculous shipping cost on some of their "sale" items. They hook you with the low advertised price(usually lowest on the interwebs) but then tack on $26 shipping for a set of BUIS...

edit: Excuse me, $37.97 to ship a set of MBUS Pro Sights to Texas...insane. (see pic attached)

Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:edit: Excuse me, $37.97 to ship a set of MBUS Pro Sights to Texas...insane. (see pic attached)

https://i.imgur.com/sf63Vyu.jpg
View Quote
Wow thats some steep shipping.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top