Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2020 10:36:51 AM EDT
Does anybody use a Limb Saver on your AR that uses the rifle stock? Would you know what size is needed that would work with an A2 stock?

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i am interested also...
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
i am interested also
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#3]
https://limbsaver.com/products/ar-15-snap-on-recoil-pad#:~:text=The%20LimbSaver%20AR-15%2FM4%20Snap-On%20Recoil%20Pad%20securely%20snaps,and%20you'll%20enjoy%20increased%20control%20for%20maximum%20stability.

Maybe?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://limbsaver.com/products/ar-15-snap-on-recoil-pad#:~:text=The%20LimbSaver%20AR-15%2FM4%20Snap-On%20Recoil%20Pad%20securely%20snaps,and%20you'll%20enjoy%20increased%20control%20for%20maximum%20stability.

Maybe?
View Quote

This type/style won't work. The adjustable stocks have a different kind of rear end, unlike the A1/A2 which is a smooth mating between butt-plate and stock.

I think the temporary slip on type Limb Saver that Walmart sells is what I need and with the stock being plastic, I could leave on permanently if wanted.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I called Limbsaver and CS asked a couple measurement questions. She immediately said the "Medium" #10551 was what I needed.

Picked up the size at Walmart and it fit snuggly, but not overly tight. I think for plastic stocks it could of fit a bit tighter, but these were designed for those rifles or shotguns that didn't have rubber recoil pads, wood stocks, needing 1" extra LOP and was made to come off easy to not harm wood due to holding in moisture after damp hunts. Rifle fits my arm length better with that extra 1" LOP.

Do watch out, Limbsaver does make a "Small-Medium" in which the dimension at the heel is just around 1/2" less lengthwise and 1/2" recoil pad instead of 1" that the regular Limbsaver uses.

I also picked up and installed a stretchable buttstock cartridge holder (holds 9 rds) to not carry around another 10rd loaded magazine, which could be lost accidently when out on a hunt. I have a few of these cartridge holders on other plastic stocked rifles and they work very well. A little softer on the cheek weld too. I recommend.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called Limbsaver and CS asked a couple measurement questions. She immediately said the "Medium" #10551 was what I needed.

Picked up the size at Walmart and it fit snuggly, but not overly tight. I think for plastic stocks it could of fit a bit tighter, but these were designed for those rifles or shotguns that didn't have rubber recoil pads, wood stocks, needing 1" extra LOP and was made to come off easy to not harm wood due to holding in moisture after damp hunts. Rifle fits my arm length better with that extra 1" LOP.

Do watch out, Limbsaver does make a "Small-Medium" in which the dimension at the heel is just around 1/2" less lengthwise and 1/2" recoil pad instead of 1" that the regular Limbsaver uses.

I also picked up and installed a stretchable buttstock cartridge holder (holds 9 rds) to not carry around another 10rd loaded magazine, which could be lost accidently when out on a hunt. I have a few of these cartridge holders on other plastic stocked rifles and they work very well. A little softer on the cheek weld too. I recommend.

View Quote

The "small medium" is the perfect size for a carbine stock.

I've got one on my 10.5 450bm.
Works ammmazing
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top