Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2024 11:04:11 AM EDT
Recently I’ve had more time/funds to build ARs after having to take a break for awhile due to life (kids, mortgage, work).

Had traded into a NDS M16A1 upper with dissy barrel that I rocked for awhile but ultimately had to sell off. Lucked out after my situation changed I was able to snag a stripped A2 upper with M4 feed ramps for $90.

Recently I’ve been going down the rabbit hole of reading and watching videos concerning Operation Gothic Serpent as well as watching Blood Diamond again.

I still have one semi 723 clone (C7 upper, Spikes Tactical 16” FSB barrel, CAR stock, A1 grip, skinny handguards with  IWC light mount).  

My goal is to make either my C7 more clone style accurate or build out the A2 upper more into a BHD movie clone/Blood Diamond rifle. Ultimate plan is to SBR another lower for whichever one I go with but until paperwork goes through use my other SBR lower.

One thing I am having trouble figuring out is a good alternate light mount set up in place of a surefire m14 light mount (had one years ago and it was awesome but had to sell due to financial burdens).

I know everyone says get one off Amazon or EBay, but is there one that has worked better than another?

My plan is to either run a streamlight pro tac or maybe build out one of the Onyx 6P clones that uses scout components.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Those amazon/ebay ones aren't "bad" per se, but they are a little too long to fit inside an FSB.  I have two I got off ebay and I believe they are around 25 or 26mm.  I don't have a real one for reference, but I know it's supposed to be small enough to nestle in up inside the FSB

I checked and I should have enough space to mill em down and not reach the screw holes, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  That said, for the price they are pretty solid, but when I am more happy with the fit, I'd probably hit the screws with a little Loctite blue just to be safe
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top