Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 5:24:48 PM EDT
I just put together a build out of parts I had on hand with a goal of slimming down the weight a bit.  Faxon pencil profile 16" barrel, magnesium lower, Aero Precision upper without forward assist, and a few other light weight parts.  Some of the savings offset by the Fostech Echo-II, the heavier carrier in the Superlative mid-length piston kit and the Magpul CTR stock.  The Fostech will get swapped out after the next Geissele sale.  Weight before flash suppressor and sights/optic is 5.46 lb. which is lighter than everything else I have except possibly the .22 LR FrankenPlinker.  So, is 5-1/2 pounds a decent mark for lower weight without utilizing a minimalist stock or composite hand guard?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just put together a build out of parts I had on hand with a goal of slimming down the weight a bit.  Faxon pencil profile 16" barrel, magnesium lower, Aero Precision upper without forward assist, and a few other light weight parts.  Some of the savings offset by the Fostech Echo-II, the heavier carrier in the Superlative mid-length piston kit and the Magpul CTR stock.  The Fostech will get swapped out after the next Geissele sale.  Weight before flash suppressor and sights/optic is 5.46 lb. which is lighter than everything else I have except possibly the .22 LR FrankenPlinker.  So, is 5-1/2 pounds a decent mark for lower weight without utilizing a minimalist stock or composite hand guard?
View Quote

This is not bad at all.

I have a buffer less AR with a middy piston and it's sub 5 lbs with the sights/RDS and another that's almost exactly the same but isn't bufferless that's around 5 lbs 5 oz. You did well.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top