Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 12:28:15 PM EDT
I am aware of the Impact weapons components mount.

Is there any others worth considering?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search for "ar 15 flashlight mounts" and do a little reading. Lot of choices out there, see the reviews.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:
Do a search for "ar 15 flashlight mounts" and do a little reading. Lot of choices out there, see the reviews.
View Quote

I have did that. That’s why I made this thread to see if there are any that I missing beside the one listed and the ones that attach to the FSB.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

I have did that. That’s why I made this thread to see if there are any that I missing beside the one listed and the ones that attach to the FSB.
View Quote

Please provide a few links of what you have found. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lexington:

Please provide a few links of what you have found. Thanks.
View Quote

The one listed in the OP and these three the last 2 of which will not work with my SBR and Can setup.

link

link

link
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If you’re good with tools it’s not hard to screw a small bit of rail to regular handguards. You get to put it wherever you want too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:
If you’re good with tools it’s not hard to screw a small bit of rail to regular handguards. You get to put it wherever you want too.
View Quote

Yeah I had considered that but like the looks of the IWC mount. Just didnt know if there were options similar to the IWC that I was not aware of. Looks like I will be buying one of them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a FSB?

Midwest or GGG FSB mount.

Puts light right at support hand for activation.

Plus Metal won't Melt!

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Tactical-Light-Mount-p/mctar-01g2.htm

can easily remove or move to another rifle
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Look up the Rogers Tri-Rail.  It clamps around the handguard and adds three rail section.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Easy. Buy this, has 2 little wide back plates. You can screw them through the holes on the top handgurad. Then you have a rail section to mount whatever light mount you want. Looks bulky but not really.
https://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-moe-polymer-rail-section-5-slot-mag406-blk
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Do you have a FSB?

Midwest or GGG FSB mount.

Puts light right at support hand for activation.

Plus Metal won't Melt!

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Tactical-Light-Mount-p/mctar-01g2.htm

can easily remove or move to another rifle
View Quote

Have one of these.  They work fine on a carbine or midlength, but are too far out (for me) on a rifle-length gas system.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Also this:
https://botach.com/kz-ar15-m16-sight-tower-combo-mounts-snap-hook-tactical-light/

I don’t have one but it seems like it would work with a pistol-style light on a shorter gas system.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have this? Does the heat shield get significantly bent to snug the mount screws?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Do you have this? Does the heat shield get significantly bent to snug the mount screws?
View Quote

No clue ordered it today so we will see. Not really worried about the heat shield. It looks to come with 2 sets of screws one for mounting to the plastic and one to go thru the heat shield and plastic.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#14]
For round handguards, you could use the old style surefire mounts that clamped onto an MP5SD's suppressor with hose clamps.

We used those in the late 90s.

Hell, I may have one in the garage.

edit: I checked... I have one.

-J
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No clue ordered it today so we will see. Not really worried about the heat shield. It looks to come with 2 sets of screws one for mounting to the plastic and one to go thru the heat shield and plastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you have this? Does the heat shield get significantly bent to snug the mount screws?

@swampfoxoutdoors, please post a pic of your new mount installed on the A2 handguard. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The IWC one is supposed to be great, You could always just mount an moe rail section on the 3/9 o'clock on by drilling through the hand guards/heat shields or taking the heat shields out attaching the rail and then putting them back in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Ill take some pics when I get home.

First off IWC is backed ordered and out of stock, but I seen one pop up on the EE new in bag for a great price so bought it. I then canceled my order with IWC.

Got the mount from the member like he said new in bag but was a 1" ring (knew this when I bought it from him) instead of .8 like I was needing. I thought no big deal Ill stick a G2 or another flashlight I have in it.

Well every damn flashlight I own is either a .8 or 1.3 or whatever the larger size is.

I did get it installed but had to remove the heat shield in my skinny A2 type grip which was fine.

Product seems very nicely made and would buy another.

I have since placed another order from the company for the .8 ring.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look up the Rogers Tri-Rail.  It clamps around the handguard and adds three rail section.
View Quote

This is what I was going to say.  They are getting harder to find & more expensive though.  I bought one back when CDNN had them on sale with a set of carbine handguards for $5.  I only bought one cause I didn't know much about it.  I kept waiting for them to go on sale again, but they never did & last time I checked they were out still.  Many sites list them, but show out of stock.  IIRC the Ruger site still had them for $20.  You can find them on some auction websites too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Here are the pics. I keep forgetting to post them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Had to pop out the heat shield to install. A few seconds with a grinding wheel. And it would work just fine. Those are the skinny AR handguards. Probably not a issue with normal handguards.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I just did this last week. I took one of the factory bases from a savage axis and bolted it to the handguard. Had to bevel the slot to get the Vltor light mount in there but it fits great.

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Received the correct ring for my light today. It was back ordered and had to wait a few weeks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#23]
https://botach.com/battle-steel-ar15-m4-dual-rail-front-sight-accessory-sling-mounts/

Or go on Ebay and get a $12 one from Chine, which honestly, works great.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I've always just drilled the handguards in the position I want and bolted a rail segment to the guards.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you have this? Does the heat shield get significantly bent to snug the mount screws?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it does bend the heat shields or call for removing them.

Which makes me about 99% sure that is why the photo shows it mounted on a DPMS "Glacier Guard" (no heat shield) forearm.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top