Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 3:18:28 PM EDT
I know the 3.5-10 MR/T is a little long in the tooth feature-wise.  It's also popular with the cloners, which makes them stupid expensive.  I've had several over the last 15 years and it's probably my favorite scope.  I'm putting together a build around a 14.5 Colt SOCOM barrel and wanted to do an MR/T with a piggyback T1 or RMR.  I'm struggling to pony up for the MR/T and I came across the new 3-9 MK3HD.  It may not have the BDC cam like the MR/T, which is honestly fine...I can dial dope or hold in the reticle.  My main concern was a zero-stop, which the MR/T has and it appears the MK3HD has as well.

Any first hand experience or thoughts on this conundrum?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have yet to see a Mark 3HD, but I have a hunch that the line replaced the VX-R Patrol series, which were and still are excellent scopes at their price point. I would expect the Mark 3HD will carry on that legacy.

Mark 4 will get you 4x zoom. I don’t know if they’ve updated the glass, but It was great glass. I don’t know if it is worth the premium over the Mark 3 series.

ETA: the Leupold custom shop or Kenton Industries can make custom engraved BDC dials… last I checked, they were about $80 for a custom elevation dial.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else had a chance to put hands on and eyes through one of these?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else had a chance to put hands on and eyes through one of these?
View Quote

Only on the 1.5-4 so far

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Leupold-Mark-3-HD-1-5-4-firedot-Updated-with-pics-and-correct-weight/18-764193/
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top