Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2020 11:43:59 AM EDT
Some background:  I had to switch to left-handed shooting due to a problem in my right eye, so I'm unfamiliar with left-handed setups.  Luckily it turns out my left eye was my dominant eye all along.

I'm trying to decide where to put the attachment for the front of a two-point sling on the right side so it doesn't interfere with ejection if I fire the weapon while slung at "port arms."

I've considered that if I just make sure the sling has enough slack in it to dangle between my right shoulder and the front attacment point, that would do the trick too.

If you're a lefty, how do you handle this issue?

Pics would be great if you can.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Lefty here with the same issue.

I mount a Magpul RSA with the QD socket pointing down as close to the ejection port as possible. I then have a QD socket on the opposite side of the buttstock. I can stow the sling and it appears that the ejection port won't be blocked but I haven't tested it yet. I'll follow up with pics in a few...
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Old School Lefty:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I put mine just forward of the ejection port, as well, though I have moved the QD socket one slot forward since this pic was taken. It really did change the way gun felt balance wise when slung. I have an Magpul MS4 slings so I usually connect the rear QD mount to the receiver end plate so I can go single point if I want. If I know I'm going to stay strictly two-point I'll connect the rear to QD socket on the opposite side of the SBA4.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This is how I do mine, at least at the front.  The back is attached to the buttstock on mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
As close to the receiver as I can get it.  Like the majority of the pictures above.  I have found through trial and error slung that way keeps the rifle from hitting me in the nuts when I run.  To far down the muzzle end it will inevitably loosen up and at the absolute wrong time bust you in the man parts.      
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I run mine right side about the gas block on various rails. The rear on run on the left side of the buttstock, it allows me to quickly deply either shoulder without much fuss, but also tighten the sling a little and it holds mid chest without hitting the boys.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Back is attached to the stock (A2) with a BFG Top loop adaptor, and the front is just attached through the sling swivel. Makes for handy cross-chest carry while still being able to get off quick shots.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
QD on the rail, wrap around, pull slack to the rear, band it around the rear of the stock/brace/whatever.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
For AR15s and similar firearms:  Generally I run a two point sling from the left QD socket of my stock (generally BCM Gunfighter stock or whatever Magpul stock) to roughly where most free float rails with QD sockets put the built in QD socket forward of the port on the right side.  For storing the sling I just run it under the rail (or around a VFG) and ranger band it to the left side.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Right in front of the receiver, at the 1:30 or 12:00 (would depend on rail type and other options) to keep it pulling the rifle tight to me when using the patrol carry.

I have yet to have an issue with a rifle not ejecting.

Why are you trying to fire the rifle from portstarboard arms? Spider monkeys?

Wear long sleeves on a heavy round count day. Very easy to get brass burns and with bootleg carriers, powder burns.

Even with the sling really far back like that, a vickers or viking style sling is still useful as a hasty sling.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top