Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2021 10:02:34 AM EDT
Are there sometimes QC issues with their .308 mags? I picked up a couple of the smoke-translucent mags, and neither of them will lock into anything I have.   Meanwhile  P-Mags all lock in just fine.  

Is this typical?  Is there some kind of trick or adjustement people have to make?

These aren't cheap mags either, so kind of bummed out by this.

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You tried Fully loaded and Empty ?

I assume you tried loosening the mag catch ?

What brand lower ?

My PSA Gen II's will accept the Lancers fine, and they function as meant to.  But the mag spring is much stiffer then any of my other different brand magazines.

Also check and see if the rear follower channel , at the top, is pushing the bolt catch somehow. I "think" I remember a "issue" with Lancers and some Bolt Catch designs.  ( IE , The Lancer top of the channel wasn't quite as deep /wide as the Magpuls, and that would "force" certain bolt catches to try and do stuff it shouldn't be doing. )
View Quote

-Yes, fully loaded and empty
-No; and I have little confidence in that doing anything.
-PSA
-follower not engaging the mag catch, as mag can't seem to go in quite far enough for it to do so maybe.  I'll look again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What capacity are they?  My son has some of the Lancer 25 rounds that he can lock into the mag well but don't feed consistently.  He thought it might be the weight of the mag pulling it down a bit due to the weight of 25 308 rounds, as when it gets 1/2 full it starts feeding better, but still not perfect.  I got him 2 of them & don't know if it was just a bad batch or what.  I'm thinking about getting him some of the 20 rounders to see how they go.  We both like the L5 mags a lot & have never had problems so we were a bit shocked by it.

ETA, his is a Springfield Saint Victor & all the other mags he's tried, Magpul, Hexmag & another one I can't think of all worked fine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, the latch-hole on these mags is too small.  I took 5 thou' off the top of the hole on all of them, and now they all lock in great, and feed 100%.  Run about 100 rounds through them so far, no problems once I opened up the hole.  Seriously lame for a $50 magazine to have to do this, but here we are.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yea, the latch-hole on these mags is too small.  I took 5 thou' off the top of the hole on all of them, and now they all lock in great, and feed 100%.  Run about 100 rounds through them so far, no problems once I opened up the hole.  Seriously lame for a $50 magazine to have to do this, but here we are.  
View Quote
I'd lean towards your mag catch being out of spec over issues with the mags.  I suppose it's possible that Lancer produced a bad batch of the metal parts of these mags where the catch hits, but all my Lancer mags work great in both my Wilson Combat Recon Tactical 308 and SCAR 17 (modified lower to use SR25 pattern mags).
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]
The Lancers were great in my Armalite, favorite mags for my AR10.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd lean towards your mag catch being out of spec over issues with the mags.  I suppose it's possible that Lancer produced a bad batch of the metal parts of these mags where the catch hits, but all my Lancer mags work great in both my Wilson Combat Recon Tactical 308 and SCAR 17 (modified lower to use SR25 pattern mags).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly possible, but this was in multiple rifles.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 1:43:39 AM EDT
[#8]
My 716i likes Lancers, but they are harder to seat than PMAGs.  I like the Lancers I have, but I'm not buying more.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top