Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 7:27:54 PM EDT
I picked up a 5 pack of the Lancer Translucent smoke Mag's over black Friday and just got around to testing them today, To my surprise I loaded one up and hit the bolt release to experience a failure to feed, I have 20k+ rounds through this ar and this is the first malfunction Iv ran into.

All 5 of the mags where downgraded to 28rds and still getting a FTF on the first round, my usgi and pmags on the other hand work flawlessly.

Has anyone else had problems with these mag's?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Check to make sure the date code isn't 3/15. They had a bad batch of followers then.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check to make sure the date code isn't 3/15. They had a bad batch of followers then.
View Quote
It isn't the follower. I actually just went to their website and they stated in the FAQ that's it's a known issue. They don't list a way too fix it tho..
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Odd. My current production Lancers work flawlessly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It isn't the follower. I actually just went to their website and they stated in the FAQ that's it's a known issue. They don't list a way too fix it tho.. https://i.gyazo.com/00f95766caf7abfeeb67ef431fa5577d.png
View Quote
Having tried that (full travel bolt release) I would just call them. Lancers seem to generally have a good reputation, so talk to a human and find out what's up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having tried that (full travel bolt release) I would just call them. Lancers seem to generally have a good reputation, so talk to a human and find out what's up.
View Quote
Yeah I think I'll do that, or shoot them an email. They're really nice mags so hopefully there is an easy fix.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe the combo of a new mag (spring, feed lips, etc) and a rifle with 20K rounds through it (how old is the buffer spring)?  Maybe you can down load by one round for a bit, allow the new mags to loosen up?  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe the combo of a new mag (spring, feed lips, etc) and a rifle with 20K rounds through it (how old is the buffer spring)?  Maybe you can down load by one round for a bit, allow the new mags to loosen up?  Just a thought...
View Quote
buffer spring only has about 5k through it. As for the down load the mag's by one round, read the original post brother, I ran all of the mags with 28rds and was still experiencing FTF on the first round.

I emailed them this morning, will update the thread whenever they get back to me.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top