BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 11/12/2018 3:03:32 PM EDT
Anyone have hands on time with this trigger? I’ve always used Geissele triggers, l but for $85 I am thinking about giving this one a try. How do they compare?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Touchy subject around here... I think its a great value personally.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Give it a try. You are already thinking about it and they are on sale.

Very similar to the SSA. Wider face so it will feel a bit different on your finger.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Pull characteristics are very close to the SSA-E.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Best value in triggers bar none.

Smooth, crisp, repeatable and an imperceptible 2nd stage.

Half the price of anything half as good.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Get them before the Christmas sale ends!

$87.00 (plus shipping)
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Good trigger. Shape of the trigger bothers me a bit, reset is a bit meh. Reset is improved with the newer heavy spring they say, I haven't tried that.

Nothing I have used in the sub-$100 price range compares.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought 2 of them a few months ago. They are much, much better than milspec triggers. They are not as good as the more expensive geisselle triggers though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:
Best value in triggers bar none...
View Quote
This.

As good or better than an SSA... nearly as good as the SSA-E. And it’s EDM cut from barstock (not cast, like most triggers).

Only difference is the flatter trigger face... it’s going to feel a little bit different than convex curved trigger faces.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The MBT is a touchy subject?  Never knew.  Great trigger for a great price.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
A bit heavier on the 2nd stage though.

Great triggers for the money.  I have five or six now.  It's my go-to for general purpose rifles.  Dedicated target rigs I'll spend more and get a high speed national match.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ask this in GD and see what happens.  Btw, great triggers I have about 5 of them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Currently waiting on a couple.  Damn backorders.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The pull feels very similar to a G SSA-E for 1/2 the price.

The MBT is also made from S7 tool steel (this is the original steel Busse Combat's Scrap Yard division used for their indestructible knives).

My only complaints / concerns about the MBT (and I have MBTs in "several" guns) ...

1) The trigger shoe feels different than most other triggers and has slightly sharp edges;
2) The disconnector is pinned in place (completely different than a milspec where the trigger pin holds it in place).  I don't know if this will be a problem on high round count guns.  MBT hasn't been around long enough to find out.

I sold all of my SSA-E triggers and bought MBTs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing else comes close for $87.  You might win an Ultimate Upper kit as well.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#15]
At this point .... I only want:

Milspec Triggers (preferably with a nickel finish ... like BCM's PNT ... or the ALG ACT ... but a quality phosphated FCG from Colt is fine too)
and
MBTs.

I've used about everything available, and these two options are best for my needs / uses / mission-driven specifications.

If anyone is looking for a Geissele SD-3G or CMC 2-Stage (2# / 2#) I can supply them
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a better trigger for the money.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.

As good or better than an SSA... nearly as good as the SSA-E. And it’s EDM cut from barstock (not cast, like most triggers).

Only difference is the flatter trigger face... it’s going to feel a little bit different than convex curved trigger faces.
View Quote
Mine are similar in 2nd stage pull weight to the SSA (2lb same as MBT), not the SSA-E (1.2lb).  I would put the MBT as equal to the SSA, which is saying quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good trigger. Shape of the trigger bothers me a bit, reset is a bit meh. Reset is improved with the newer heavy spring they say, I haven't tried that.

View Quote
My thoughts exactly. I use the heavier spring in my .300 Blackout SBR and I do like the heavier reset in there, as it is more tactile. The lighter spring is a bit mushy on reset. For $87.00, it cant be beat.

It's a good trigger for the money, but it's not a Geissele.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm starting to like it more than my SSA-E.

The trigger shape has grown on me, and I kinda like it. What others have said is the reset is a little less than desired.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I only bought mine to get in on the UU giveaway. I dont like two stage triggers. PM me and Ill hook you up.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
^This!  I am one who loves the trigger shoe!  Everybody's different, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too.  The wider and flatter trigger shoe gives me more "feel" for a consistent trigger press.

The other thing I like is the trigger break feels crisper to me than an SSA-E, more of a glass rod type break.  
It may be slightly heavier, but barely.  And the cleaner brake makes it feel just as light, if not lighter.

Let's put it this way.  I own two SSA-E's...then the MBT came out.  I now have 10 MBT's.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.......I’m lazy today
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#26]
It's a cheapo trigger. For $85, I'd put in every build I have.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have first hand use with this and the Ruger 452 trigger? How do they compare? Not the feel of the Flat face just the break etc...
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ask this in GD and see what happens.  Btw, great triggers I have about 5 of them.
View Quote
Ask anything in GD and see what happens
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
MUCH better with the heavier spring. I would have sold mine before shooting it if it only had the light spring, that's how much I dislike the reset with it. For the price its basically the trigger I'll buy going forward if I'm doing a "badic" build and just want to lose the stock mil-spec FCG. Geissele will still be my choice when I'm assembling a gun with a specific purpose. Geissele would be wise to drop the G2S to under $100 and offer it with two springs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Would any of you recommend it for a home defense build or is it more of a precision trigger?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I much prefer the reset with the heavy spring installed. They are fantastic triggers at any price and are a steal at $87. I have three now and will be ordering a couple more while they are on sale to keep on hand...
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Would any of you recommend it for a home defense build or is it more of a precision trigger?
View Quote
Both.   Plenty light and crispy for precision, plenty first stage for CQ.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I have two of them, and really like the way they break, and how they reset.  I also have rifles with JP match triggers, Rock Creek, and one 2.5 pound Jard trigger.  The MBT-2 triggers are my favorites.  With the exception of the Jard trigger, all of the triggers have pull weights of 3.25-3.75 pounds.

Although my trigger pull weight scale says there isn't too much difference between them, there is a very large difference in how the triggers break, and how they reset.  On AR15 and AR10 still rifles, I strongly favor two stage triggers.  For precision rifles, I like a single stage about 2 pounds.  If a precision rifle has a pull weight less than 2 pounds, I will relegate it to bench use only as there is too much potential (for me in any case) for an unintentional discharge in practical rifle or PRS type matches with a pull weight less than 2 pounds.

The MBT-2 is very predictable, easy to use, and dependable.  It isn't finicky and it doesn't make me worry about trigger problems...

I have no financial connection with Larue, nor do I have any family connections with the company.  I don't even like that they won't post prices in their catalog, but I really do like their MBT-2 trigger.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I have all three.
I don’t have enough rounds with the MBT to comment on its service life.
Like others I would say it falls between a SSA and a SSA-E.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I have 5 MBT's an really like them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#40]
These threads are pretty common these days. Bottom line, for $87 the MBT is the best option on the market. I own CMC single stage, Geissele SSA and SSA-E, Larue MBT, and KAC 2 stage triggers. Love them all. Honestly for quick but precise when it needs to be, I like my KAC the best. But they are too expensive IMO.

I do think the SSA-E has a tad crisper feel than MBT but the MBT is more predictable than SSA, IMO.

Geissele SSA was gold standard till the MBT came along. Stock up now before XMas, no they are not in stock, but well worth the 2-4 week delivery.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I have 3 due to be delivered by 8pm tonight. Have 8-9 already installed. For the price they just cant be beat. Actually for twice the price they would pretty hard to beat. They have become my standard build trigger.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Imo for the price, they are the best 2 stage for that price range.  That being said they ain't the best 2 stage out there.  But for the $100 range triggers, RRA, timoney, any other drop in, the MBT2 is really good.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Excellent. I have been itching to try one of these. This will be my first non-Geissele trigger in 17 rifles.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ve got three, might need a couple more.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Hard to beat the MBT.

This was done with an MBT. Notice the number of shots, distance, and extreme spread:
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone have hands on time with this trigger? I’ve always used Geissele triggers, l but for $85 I am thinking about giving this one a try. How do they compare?
View Quote
Hit someone up in your HTF, I'm willing to bet there is someone close by who will let you try it and you can come up with your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Love my two. Will probably buy more.

On par with G.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a few.   Love them for precision shooting or general purpose, but prefer a single stage for faster close-in shooting.

For $87 I might have to get one or two more.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I have several and cant fight the urge to buy more at $87 bucks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

$87.00 (plus shipping)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

$87.00 (plus shipping)
Quoted:

Quoted:

Great triggers for the money.
Quoted:
Nothing else comes close for $87.  You might win an Ultimate Upper kit as well.
Quoted:
Quoted:

For $87.00, it cant be beat.

Quoted:
It's a cheapo trigger. For $85, I'd put in every build I have.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top