Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 11:03:35 AM EDT
I recently got a lwrc SPR . This is my first piston AR. My question is can I put an adjustable gas block on it for when I shoot it suppressed, like the enhanced model has and if so which one would be the best to get.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Short answer: no, not easily. You’d probably have to send it in to LWRC to have their adjustable gas block installed. I’m not sure if they’ll even do it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you think it will still shoot decent suppressed if I leave it like it is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think it will still shoot decent suppressed if I leave it like it is.
View Quote

Will be the same as any other AR out there suppressed, which is some gas blowback to the face. The amount will be determined by just how high of back pressure your mounted can generates.

Six8 rifle I had of theirs was the basic gas block setup, I had contacted LWRC to swap it over to a A5 setup instead. They mentioned they would do it but would have to pay to swap the handguard and gas block. Ended up giving it to a buddy before I got around to modifying it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks man I really appreciate the info. I might just not even worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I recently got a lwrc SPR . This is my first piston AR. My question is can I put an adjustable gas block on it for when I shoot it suppressed, like the enhanced model has and if so which one would be the best to get.
View Quote

No problem. Last year I sent my old M6A2 into LWRC to rebarrel into an SBR. They asked if I wanted an A5 adjustable gas block for an extra $100. Easy money spent.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot an A2 suppressed with a surefire 556-SB and it runs like a top.

In fact, I have several LWRC rifles and shoot suppressed with surefire. The A5s don’t cycle when set to “suppressed.”  

I wouldn’t worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In fact, I have several LWRC rifles and shoot suppressed with surefire. The A5s don’t cycle when set to “suppressed.”  

View Quote

What do you mean they don't cycle when set to "suppressed"? They don't cycle at all, even with a can? Have you tried anything other than the 556SB that might be a little higher back pressure? Just curious
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What do you mean they don't cycle when set to "suppressed"? They don't cycle at all, even with a can? Have you tried anything other than the 556SB that might be a little higher back pressure? Just curious
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several LWRC rifles two of them with adjustable GB.  I have SF SOCOM 556SB, 556mini, 556RC2, 762mini. I have noticed the adjustable GB sometimes fail to chamber a new round if GB is on “Suppressed” without a can. Mainly with steel cased Ammo. The 762mini and 556SB will still cycle steel cased  Ammo on the “Suppressed” setting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

@pinkhair

Sorry for the long delay on this question.  I mean that with surefire socom cans, and adjustable blocks (ic-e, A5 and original 4 position REPR) the rifles wont cycle with the cans AND the setting on suppressed.  They don’t have enough back pressure to get the carrier back far enough to strip and chamber the next round.  The guns run like tops WITH suppressors in the “normal” setting.  The run like tops as well.  I think the Lowe back pressure was one of focuses of the socom design.  HOpe that helps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea I figured that was probably what you meant. I ended up buying one and I run it with a Turbo K, runs like a top on suppressed. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the 10.5 ICA5 model with a SOCOM RC2 Can and it ran flawlessly, no issues whatsoever. However, I sold it.  The selling point of the piston and adjustable gas block is no blowback but when you run it supressed, all that goes out the window due to the Cans blows back. A Geissele 11.5 with the same Can is quiter and with the same amount or less blowback than the LWRC A5 with the same RC2 Can. I am running an OSS K model from here on out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I run my 10.5" IC-A5 with a JP silent capture spring and a heavier than stock spring with yhm turbo k (a pretty high backpressure can) and I think the heavier spring actually helps alleviate the gas in the face issue. I also use a Raptor SD charging handle which helps. I still prefer the piston guns mainly because they get significantly less dirty.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I run my 10.5" IC-A5 with a JP silent capture spring and a heavier than stock spring with yhm turbo k (a pretty high backpressure can) and I think the heavier spring actually helps alleviate the gas in the face issue. I also use a Raptor SD charging handle which helps. I still prefer the piston guns mainly because they get significantly less dirty.
View Quote

Even when you run it suppressed?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Even when you run it suppressed?
View Quote

Especially if you run it suppressed. Cleaning the BCG on a suppressed piston gun is vastly easier and quicker compared to a DI gun. The gunk tends not to be baked onto the bolt etc.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a few of their rifles one is a SPR and I shoot them all suppressed. It shoots fine I am mainly running a 77 gr OTM or TMK load for the most part with a 75 gr Match HP load as a back up. I have never had any feed issues. I hope that helps. I use a surefire 556RC can. The only gun I've had issues with is my 10.5 and that was a ammo issue it would not feed SSA 77 gr OTM or Hornady black 75 gr. Could never figure out why.  But it loves my Black Hills ammo and I've never had issue with federal 55 Gr  FMJ or PMC 55 Gr either. I will add if your looking for a good scout mount for a surefire light. go to Arisaka Defense. I hounded them for 9 months to make a mount compatible with LWRC rifles and they just released two mounts. So yes I'm gonna push them every chance I get. As finding someone to make after market parts for LWRC has been a pain for me for the last 10 years. And if anyone reading this wants to email RailScales and ask them to make their RBS vert grip LWRC compatible. We can be good friends.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've got a few of their rifles one is a SPR and I shoot them all suppressed. It shoots fine I am mainly running a 77 gr OTM or TMK load for the most part with a 75 gr Match HP load as a back up. I have never had any feed issues. I hope that helps. I use a surefire 556RC can. The only gun I've had issues with is my 10.5 and that was a ammo issue it would not feed SSA 77 gr OTM or Hornady black 75 gr. Could never figure out why.  But it loves my Black Hills ammo and I've never had issue with federal 55 Gr  FMJ or PMC 55 Gr either. I will add if your looking for a good scout mount for a surefire light. go to Arisaka Defense. I hounded them for 9 months to make a mount compatible with LWRC rifles and they just released two mounts. So yes I'm gonna push them every chance I get. As finding someone to make after market parts for LWRC has been a pain for me for the last 10 years. And if anyone reading this wants to email RailScales and ask them to make their RBS vert grip LWRC compatible. We can be good friends.
View Quote
+1 for the Ariska LWRC scout mount

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn’t worry about it. The gas tappet prevents a lot of the gas blowing back into your face problems that DI has.

You get NONE of the nasty BCG problems either. Vastly superior to shooting DI suppressed
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No problem. Last year I sent my old M6A2 into LWRC to rebarrel into an SBR. They asked if I wanted an A5 adjustable gas block for an extra $100. Easy money spent.
View Quote

same thing here

but remember it depends on the handguard you have alredy,if the gass block will fit.  Or you may need a shorter  top rail cover.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#19]
also.   to speak on the reliability of lwrc rifles.  

I shot the barrle out of my 14.5 tricon rifle.   probably 12k or more rounds.   and never had a malfunction.     only ammo I shot was wolf gold 5.56
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top